Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmmjags

Equipment storage

Moving to a new apartment (finally) this weekend, planning on setting up a drying rack in the kid's bathroom (spray with alcohol and turn on the fan), then pack it into the bag and put it in the corner in the office with my sticks. I'm going to miss having my giant work bench for working on sticks though. Eventually going to build a mini hockey tree...maybe this weekend if it's slow.

I've got an old metal gear rack from the Engine house my dad brought home when I was a kid. Just enough room to lay everything out...works great. I tend to Lysol my stuff once a month or so. Anytime I'm on duty the morning after a game I just air my gear out in the hose tower at work...the rest of my crew hates the smell on the app. floor, but it works.....The downside is I have found my gear messed with from time to time, including them freezing various items when I am not paying attention...makes for a fun morning skate with literally frozen pants. :D

Thats cruel. lol.

The Shock Doctor power dry blower really works. The ozone generator has kept our gear totally stink free but I have to agree the bag is obnoxiously huge. Heres an option I came up with so you can skip buying the bag but still use the blower and it costs roughly $30 or so.

You need:

large Rubber Maid tub

¾" PVC pipe and fittings

drill

drill bits

hole saw

I hour

You can figure it out from pics so here you go. The hoses on the octopus attachment slip right over the ¾" pvc.

Inside tub.

DSC00137.jpg

Vent holes in lid.

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

Heres an option I came up with so you can skip buying the bag but still use the blower and it costs roughly $30 or so.

That is ridiculously impressive. Apartment dwellers take note!

I just took some old wood that was lying around and built a tree for my equipment to hang on. Keeps everything off the ground and does not take up much room in a corner

The Shock Doctor power dry blower really works. The ozone generator has kept our gear totally stink free but I have to agree the bag is obnoxiously huge. Heres an option I came up with so you can skip buying the bag but still use the blower and it costs roughly $30 or so.

You need:

large Rubber Maid tub

¾" PVC pipe and fittings

drill

drill bits

hole saw

I hour

You can figure it out from pics so here you go. The hoses on the octopus attachment slip right over the ¾" pvc.

Nice setup!

I might have to make one for me and my son. I have a NOMA boot dryer from Canadian Tire that has an ozone generator. It has been pretty good at destinking our gloves and skates.

About the holes in the lid: how necessary are they, with the (existing?) smaller holes in the tub wall (seen at the top and bottom of the first pic)?

Our current setup is a standalone hockey tree made from wood hockey sticks, and another one hung from a bike that's hanging from our garage's ceiling.

The Shock Doc blower didn't do much for my stuff, maybe I just needed a much bigger bag.

I've got my eye on a wire shelf rack for $20 right now.