Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glovesave43

2008-09 Goalie Gear Sightings

haha just noticed this:

look at the guy behind the glass off of emerys left shoulder. wow

get that man a beat up panel van and some candy....

I do not know about the blond...but it is DEFINITELY the pads over the girl just above.

Definitely!

New Bauer goalie stick. I like this look more than the previous logo branded on the sticks from this year.

alrpts.png

his brians razors pictured above, not the pads w/ a polar bear on it

I was making a joke saying I couldn't see the pads with the hot brunette in the picture.

i would imagine he just handed them all his old ccm stuff and said "make me equipment exactly like this"

it is going to be weird seeing him in sherwood equipment - but it still won't be as different as if he was wearing vaughn velocity or rbk stuff

He did wear RBK-branded gear last season, skinned to look like X-Pulses. The only difference now will be Sherwood logos instead. His pads will be the same old D&R Quantums with minor modifications he's had since his rookie year.

Bear in mind that although Sherwood bought TPS, there are restrictions on how they can use TPS technologies (especially the patented stuff) in their own brands of gear.

From what I've read and heard about Marty he likes to make his gear light and non-bulky as possible which to my understanding is done by essentially trimming out all padding that he deems unnecessary. In a time when the pads are up to a goalies waist, chest protectors look like bullet proof vests and snap shots that are soon to be 90+ mph this guy is rocking old school 34 inch pads and a chest protector that terry sawchuck would laugh at. Either he is a complete genius or certifiably insane.... probably a little of both.

i know it's all personal preference, but i'm glad to see sher-wood spelled out in the font that it is. i'm not a fan of the "SWD" branding, or the ugly, thorny, tribal font that they've been using the past few seasons.