Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

best inline puck

pro puck definitely. I use it outside on the parking lot i practice in and we use it in the outdoor rink.

I greatly dislike IDS pucks, they are nonstop bouncy on both surfaces. I did't feel too bad when I launched mine into the gutter across the street.

I am sitting on the board of a non profit youth league that has always used balls as opposed to pucks due to inconsistant playing surface (both contrete and ashault) but has just moved to a more permanent home with a new full size concrete pad. Which of the available pucks would be best or would we be smart to stick with balls instead of pucks for now. The league has players from ages 5 to 14.

Nothing beats a good old roll of worn in electric tape outside on smooth concrete. I have an outdoor league here by my house and that is all they will use there I don't know if it just tradition or what but IMO it just lays flater the nubs of the puck were down quickly and if it cold the pucks always seem to break a lot more. Inside nothing feeld like the IDS puck I hate the frigin discount pucks my league is using now.

That ZeroG puck looks interesting. I'd like to see the RnD that went into that. The 2009 catalog claims those pegs having an aero effect. I wonder how much actual influence they have. The sides looks meaty- I wonder what the feel is like.

I'm pretty sure Mission just bought the design from someone because there was a Zero-G puck on the market before that looked the same but with wider runners on it. Kinda crappy picture but this was it:

zerog.jpg

I played with it a few years back (on concrete) and while the runners get worn down really quick, it had a similar sorta feel as the rocket puck. The holes do really make it fly a bit though, had to adjust as my shots kept going over the net. It was really easy for me to get a fast rising shot with this puck.

We use the ProPuck. I think it's the best puck you can use once the plastic wears out on top then they dont glide as well as they did. They last quite a while too, I mean we were playing 3 times a week for 4 hours at a time and the puck would last about 2 weeks, of course we would rotate Propucks but i thought they were an excellent puck to use. Bounced of the boards nice, shot real nice. I highly recommend it. And they have a little variety in color although the yellow is a little harder to see.

Honestly when I am playing I cannot tell the differance between the IDS puck and the Rocket Puck for some reason. I like to play with either one.

Has anyone ever used a Troy puck (http://www.troypuck.com)? I just got a couple and it slides better than any puck I've ever used (IDS, Rocket, Sonic). I've used it outdoor on painted concrete. Downside, is that it tends to roll quite a bit easier than the aforementioned pucks. Haven't tried it on sportcourt yet. Great for practicing stickhandling at home.

I really like the new Mission puck, they move the best on Sportcourt from my limited experience with it as compared to IDS, Rocket, Sonic and Pro-Puck, but because of how they're built the durability is so-so

I got the zero-G puck today. I like how well it slides, especially on the deskchair mat I practice on, but the red plastic body is a bit harder than I'd like. Makes the puck more lively when handling. It's noticeably harder than IDS pucks, and a tad harder than Sonic pucks. You can hear the louder contact on the blade too. The square sides and tighter peg pattern make it easier to lift it though.

edit: I think it's a tiny bit heavier than the IDS puck.

When i played mlrh with the bullets we used a black IDS puck if i remember correctly.

If the Rocket puck wasn't forced on so many people (TORHS, Narch and State Wars) I wonder how popular it would be? I still don't see it in pro shops and most local leagues don't use it.

When i played mlrh with the bullets we used a black IDS puck if i remember correctly.

If the Rocket puck wasn't forced on so many people (TORHS, Narch and State Wars) I wonder how popular it would be? I still don't see it in pro shops and most local leagues don't use it.

You make a good point. All of the rinks and tournaments i play at use the rocket puck. That's what I practice with because that's what I play with. The fact that Goodwin runs Narch and owns Rinkside/rocketPuck pretty much seals the deal on what you'll be using if you play tournament hockey in California.

Played in NYC all over the place for about 6 years and the best thing we ever used was a roll of 3M Supper 88 electrical tape. At least on a smooth asphalt nothing ever came close to the electrical tape. Even on the hottest days. The thing just glided real well and the weight of the tape was substantial enough to make u think you were playing real hockey.

Played with a ball at one location, Tompkins Square park and it was OK, till the ball got hot and then forget about stickhandling.... the blade would stick to the ball and just roll on top of it. HAted that. Was fun skating around the homeless heroin addicts too....

I actually wrote to 3M about the situation and asked if they had any interest in doing some research to make a product but never heard back. Thought that was kinda funny since they are from Minnesota, i think they play hockey there... and supposedly have this amazing culture of independent research and whatnot... guess they would rather make sandpaper than hockey pucks.

So, I threw my new Mission Puck out there for pickup last Friday, it made it about 15 min before we switched back to an IDS proshot. It feels more similar to the RBK/Franklin heavier pucks than the Proshot/Rocketpuck. It definitely glides better than all the heavier pucks though.

my ids pro-shots came in the mail today, they smell great.

Anways, everyone here used ids but my travel team for practice uses these different pucks and they are completely different when handling them\shooting, after i get out of practice it feels weird to play with the ids but they are far better than the practice pucks\any other puck ive used.

Anways, everyone here used ids but my travel team for practice uses these different pucks and they are completely different when handling them\shooting, after i get out of practice it feels weird to play with the ids but they are far better than the practice pucks\any other puck ive used.

Hey Brock... what pucks do you use in practice...just curious...!

Hey Brock... what pucks do you use in practice...just curious...!

to be honest i dont know, they were some cheapo pucks he bought in play it again. ill look next time i have practice

Come again?

haha well its kinda like that "new car" smell. i opened up the box and the pucks smell like new plastic. hard to explain lol.

ids pucks are the best but not realy that durable

this is true. I have broken 3 in half with a slapshot to the post. It boosted my ego, however i believe it was either too cold outside or they were just a bad batch.