Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

best inline puck

I for one like the IDS puck,TORHS,and AAU were using these pucks.

any thoughts on inline pucks .rocket ,ccm. IDS, franklin.any others?

I personally like the Sonic pucks, they tend to move truer through the air. The grooves are a real liability outdoors though as catch air a little easier

IDS Puck for games, ProPuck for practice. I was comparing the ProPuck to an ice puck over the weekend and it felt like the Pro was about half the weight of an ice puck v's an IDS which felt like a quarter!

I like the IDS over the jofa, mach1, rocket, sonic pucks, I prefer the weight and profile of the puck, not used the Propuck yet, but with the votes on here i'll have to look into trying them out.

I am sitting on the board of a non profit youth league that has always used balls as opposed to pucks due to inconsistant playing surface (both contrete and ashault) but has just moved to a more permanent home with a new full size concrete pad. Which of the available pucks would be best or would we be smart to stick with balls instead of pucks for now. The league has players from ages 5 to 14.

I am sitting on the board of a non profit youth league that has always used balls as opposed to pucks due to inconsistant playing surface (both contrete and ashault) but has just moved to a more permanent home with a new full size concrete pad. Which of the available pucks would be best or would we be smart to stick with balls instead of pucks for now. The league has players from ages 5 to 14.

How smooth is the concrete, and is it painted?

I've seen painted concrete do somewhat well with IDS pucks, but in most cases, concrete rinks traditionally (in my experience) stick with those AGS balls.

When i played mlrh with the bullets we used a black IDS puck if i remember correctly.

Correct. MLRH used IDS Pucks.

What year(s) did you play?

i believe it was the first 2 returning years of the league on the NJ bullets 2002, 2003??

Probably played you. My Avatar is actually me fighting Marty Filatreault (sp?) in 2003, second game of a home-and-home with you guys (I played for the Philadelphia Sting).

The surface and what you want to do with it means different pucks are better for different purposes. Stickhandling on sport court, the IDS wins hands down, the teflon in the nubs makes it move more like an ice puck than any other product out there. No puck beats it for long passes around the boards - important in roller if youre playing without off side rules. One thing is those nubs soon wear off on anything other than sport court. For shooting and passing on any surface I like the feel of the Pro Puck.

For the guy who asked about ball vs. puck on concrete, I'd recommend a ball for the youngest group of players 5-6yrs of age as they just don't have the strength and dexterity to stickhandle a puck on a cement surface and the ball will act more "puck like" for them. Otherwise they will tend towards carrying on their forehand all of the time, developing a habit which is hard to break later on. Pro Puck for the older groups. It lasts longer than the IDS.