Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HattrickSwayze

Puck on hardwood floor

I ran a search to try and find an answer to this, but how will a inline hockey puck work on indoor hardwood floors? We have hardwood flooring in our house and I've been using a golf ball to practice stickhandling, but I'd like to buy an inline puck because the size difference between a puck and a golf ball throws me off sometimes when I get on ice. Anybody have a little insight on this?

Haha, I can't think of a place the soft pucks have ever worked for me, we got given some a couple years ago and they were too light and soft to slide and stay flat on anything. IIRC we gave up and used tennis balls :P

Maybe try a wooden ball, they're usually a little bigger and aren't as pingy either.

Ok thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll see what the local shop has. I'm thinking about picking up a smarthockey ball and an inline puck to see which works best. The ball might be my best bet, I just want something that's closer to the width of a puck.

Once a week I play on a hardwood floor. Normal IDS, Easton etc. inline pucks work fine...

Agreed. The Nasty Boyz (PIHA) used to play @ a place with a wood floor, and the regular IDS pucks worked just fine (albeit slightly slower).

I'd be more concerned about your wheels on a wood court ;)

haha yeah wheels. That's a killer. I've been through so many sets I have lost count. Though I think I have found the perfect set for me Hyper 250 84A yeah there hard, but surprisingly they are gripper enough and don't chunk.

haha yeah wheels. That's a killer. I've been through so many sets I have lost count. Though I think I have found the perfect set for me Hyper 250 84A yeah there hard, but surprisingly they are gripper enough and don't chunk.

Yeah, waxed wood floors are crazy sticky as-is.

Hyper 250s or the old school Labeda Grippers work well.

I was looking at a set of wheels for the wood floor we practice on at school. so 84a should do well? I dont want something TOO hard, but I want them to last.

I was looking at a set of wheels for the wood floor we practice on at school. so 84a should do well? I dont want something TOO hard, but I want them to last.

trying to remember the durometer of what the 250s were, but they were practically outdoor wheels, if I remember correctly.

Hell they're cheap enough.... give em a try, and if it doesn't work, pick up another cheat set :)

Yeah they are out door wheels hehe They seemed to work for me, I tried heaps of different durometers. Though I finally settled on 84A after talking to the speed guys and finding out they use way harder and there grip is still fine.

Yeah they are out door wheels hehe They seemed to work for me, I tried heaps of different durometers. Though I finally settled on 84A after talking to the speed guys and finding out they use way harder and there grip is still fine.

Speed guys do use much harder wheels than us hockey players, but they can get away with it far more easily because of there massive wheel sizes If you ever try on a pair of speed skates, the way that they grip is completly different to hockey skates.

I have a set of Hyper Formula Gs used for *one* shift, that should grip pretty good on wood. I'll let them go cheap, as they were pretty cheap when I bought them in a crunch last week.

:ph34r:

80/72 setup, 74A.