Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GekigangarIII

Skate fitting issue

I've got a skate fitting issue for ya... I'm probably going to pick up some v-12 or the THG nikes. I have the hi-hos for inline and they're very comfortable in size 8 (I have size 10-10.5 shoe), probably the most comfortable skate I've ever used.

They're a size 8 and I can wiggle my toes freely and they're about 1/4"-1/3" from the toecap with them laced up (there are holes in the caps so I cam see ;) ). I tried on v12s in 7.5 since the toes feel a little loose on 8s (though my heel doesn't slip at all) and the skates feel like maybe they're not deep enough in 7.5 as I can feel a little bite on the top of my left foot as well as a hot spot on the top/outside of my foot that hurt within minutes of lacing them up.

So I'm wondering, is this amout of play in the toecap ok on an ice skate (1/4-1/3")? or would it be better to go with a size 7.5 and hope that the hot spot goes away (it would probably be a lot of pain initially). The 8s are extremely comfortable out of the box but feel just a tad sloppy in the toe because the caps are so big and wide.

What would you guys in the know recommend...

Guest 2048

Always go with snug. You'll gain about a quarter inch or quarter size (forget which it is) during break in so the hot spot will go away and you'll have a very comfortable, snug skate. Right now I'm skating in skates that I thought would be way too small, size 8 missions. There were a few hot spots initially, but after two skates they were completely gone.

Make sure if you are going to get V12s that you get them tight fitting. My friend recently bought his and he said that they were good in the store but then out on the ice they felt big. Perhaps it has soemthing to do with the 'game ready fit'.

I was the opposite. I was a 9 in Ignite 2's but went to 8.5 for my E50's and am now in 8.5 with my E60's. (Got them brand new for $90 in a blowout sale)

in a kinda related toppic, my v-12's are pretty used up and i was looking for another skate. Got a pair of S500's and the length was right but the toe box was way too narrow and i couldnt skate in them at all. I'm looking into grafs now but I heard their toe boxes are very narrow too, even in EE length (i'm a 6.5EE in v12's) Anyone have any experience or am I stuck with the v-12's til some newer stuff comes out?

in a kinda related toppic, my v-12's are pretty used up and i was looking for another skate. Got a pair of S500's and the length was right but the toe box was way too narrow and i couldnt skate in them at all. I'm looking into grafs now but I heard their toe boxes are very narrow too, even in EE length (i'm a 6.5EE in v12's) Anyone have any experience or am I stuck with the v-12's til some newer stuff comes out?

There's a new skate on the horizon that will fit your needs :ph34r:

I'm looking into grafs now but I heard their toe boxes are very narrow too, even in EE length

Graf uses the same toecap on the wides as they do on the regular widths. Found that one out the hardway

Vectors and 8090s have wider toecaps.