Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

700 Series to G Series

That looks dumb, should have gotten all the black switched to white.

when i was at graf when I ordered them i couldnt get the teclite in white. So i did next best thing. White backing with the 502 SE tongue, but theres one thing you cant see that makes the skates so much better. The toe cap is lined with a sponge like material

when i was at graf when I ordered them i couldnt get the teclite in white. So i did next best thing. White backing with the 502 SE tongue, but theres one thing you cant see that makes the skates so much better. The toe cap is lined with a sponge like material

They should do that with all their models.

Thats great... I did the same thing with my toe cap on my 703....

I used a one sided sponge like material tape that i found at a construction site where I work....

It's been holding and I played about 20 games bear foot in em......

Out of the Tuuk Custom Plus, the Tuuk Light Speeds, and the Cobra, which one do you think would be best for longest stride?

Come on man. This has been done about 5000 times. The cobra steel is softer and the holder is stiffer. Its not as if one is designed for a choppy stride and one for a longer stride.

I am going to be upfront with this, I am going to tell you exactly what I want, and I know it is weird. I realized how many questions I have asked and I sat down for a bit yesterday in my living room without any other distractions and wrote it out on a clip board. I want to be able to skate like Ilya Kovalchuk and Scott Neidermyer. Neidermyer with an amazing stride and Ilya with his awesome stride with his added agility and acceleration. I know that equipment will not make me skate like them, but having the equipment is at least a start. The fact is that Ilya and Scott both use Light Speeds on their boots. This will be my last question ever, and I have asked something similar to it but after enough knowledge, I think I found the word, "pitch". Yes, a little late to start understanding but here is the last question ever to be used on the topic of G3s, unless there is a small question that I have to ask about an answer of this question.

The situation: I have three of the same sized light speed holders with non perf steel, and they were all sharpened exactly the same, the exact same radius. One light speed holder with the non perf steel is on a pair of Vapor XXs, one light speed holder is put on a pair of Vectors, and another is put on a pair of G3s.

The question: Do they all have the same PITCH?

Thanks

Dexy,

Those guys will skate the same regardless of what skate or holder they happen to use. I've used mostly Tuuk, but have also used Perfecta's and ICM's in the past and the different holder didn't alter my skating ability.

I also once had a short choppy stride, but worked hard and was able to turn it into a long, smooth stride. Skating like anything else requires hard work.

Just my thoughts, but if I were you and were getting the G3's, I'd try out the Cobra's. Give them a chance, then after you've skated a bunch of times in them, determine how YOU think they are. If after that you find that you don't like them, then by all means change the holders. I myself am waiting for my G35's to come in. I have no idea whether I'll like the t-blades or not, but am willing to give them a shot. I'll make up my own mind and change the holders out if need be.

I'm glad you aren't just rushing into buying new skates, have done some research, and have asked a few questions. :rolleyes: At least you're not buying Ilya or Scott's skates because they wear them and are great skaters. B)

Good luck with your new skates, when you get them.

Yes, a LOT of that is genetic, however, to find your correct radius/pitch involves trial and error. For example, when I skated 705 w/ Cobra, the Cobra's forward pitch was too much even though the holder's pitch was neutral. When I switched to a Tuuk they felt totally different. On Mission, I've found I need a fwd radius, and on my 8090 I needed so much of a fwd radius I had to put a lift for even more lean. It's all trial and error and figuring out what works and doesn't.

All good points, but you at least tried them all out. And like almost everyone here, have one particular holder that you like best.

Of course not.

All skates are different.

Go over to missionhockey.com and check out the PITCH system information. It'll explain about all of the boots having different leans as well as the holders.

If you want to skate like those guys spend more time skating, that's the only way to improve. Gains from equipment are marginal.

Of course, however, to go out and spend so much money on skates, you might has well go the extra mile and get what will work best for you.

dude, sounds to me that you don't want to fork out that much money and feel like you made a mistake.... like all of us... now if you don't want to spend big, then go for a cheaper skate.... now if your like most of us and don't want to spend on cheap stuff, go with the G or the 700 series and give em a try... If the pitch is wrong, your LHS will have suggestions for you to fix pitch.... Worst case senario, you can sell em online for minimal loss.... G series will hold hight value

Now go buy em and start skating, wasting time here will not make you inprove...

By the way, when you want custom, you got to pay $$$$ thats what custom is all about

Of course, however, to go out and spend so much money on skates, you might has well go the extra mile and get what will work best for you.

You can never know what works best for you untill you try the skate, asking questions might give you answers but it will never give you the true feel of the skate, you just have to trust your instincts and think what is best for you like I did with my Graf, they were custom made so I coudn't try them on before I got them, once they were made I had to pay them (500$), I had never tried Graf's before but heard alot of positive feedback from people who had them and felt like they were the best skate. Once I tried them I coudn't have been happyer and they are the best skates I have ever owned.

Yeah, my hockey season doesn't start till late October or early November so I am just going to go and buy the G3s, try out the cobras, and if I don't like em, I will change holders.

JR, or any other person that knows stuff about profiles: I am a forward, 140 lbs, do you think I should get a "forward profile" put on my blades?

Starting with a neutral pitch is a safe bet. I started out with a forward pitch and skated a few months only to find out the neutral profile worked best for me. It's the best place to start regardless of what you end up with. The change in pitch did change my skating style to some degree as I was able to get on my toes more when accelerating from any speed. My problem before that was always feeling on my heels and I would always get off to a slow start. Just my experiences, your mileage may vary.