Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 08/09

Pogge with a solid effort tonight. Don't want to over hype him after one game against one of the worst teams in the league, but he made a couple spectacular saves to solidify a Leafs victory. I'm excited about him as a Leaf.

Pogge did well indeed!

Let's see who they go with tomorrow night!

Toronto has been scoring a bunch lately...Dallas has been giving up a ton lately...I'd leave the kid in one more night.

atm looks like the Leafs need more then Pogge in net to save their butts. I kinda had a feeling this would happen. The Leafs were doing so well and running up the score + a back-to-back game = lack lustre game and a shelling on toskala

if Pogge was in net tonight, his confidence would take a big blow

Their inconsistency is what is frustrating about the Leafs this year. If they want to tank and get a high pick, perfect. Just don't blow a four point game against Atlanta one night, and get slaughtered the next night. They really can't make up their mind what they want to do this year. I do think that sitting Pogge was a good call tonight, though.

I totaly agree with the last comment, they say they are going to tank this yr. and they sure look liek it some nights, then they go out and slaughter a team and play 3 or 4 good gams ina row, its confusing, some people think toskala nees to go, i think he should stay, he is playing faily well , cujo on the other hand, he can go and they chould bring pogge up for back up so he can get another maybe 8-9 games this yr and when the time comes that pogge is ready for the starter job, get rid of toskala and they should be set for goaltending, and as to teh singings they made over teh summer, they all seem to be playing quite well except for mayers, keep getting rid of teh older guys who are under acheiving for more of these young guys, and within a couple yrs they will be a cup contender... i hope

I can't say that i'm disappointed, because the best thing now for us to do is tank, and thats exactly what we're doing.

Has the roster freeze passed? if so...who doesn't start '09 in Blue & White. I would have said Blake was a guarantee to go...but since Burke showed up, he's been pretty good (in what I've seen anyway).

If Kaberle will waive the NTC...he's gone...and if he won't I'm sure Burke has clearance to buy out the pieces he doesn't want.

Kaberle is definately a goner. Would probably be for the best of the team, and himself.

Just as long as we don't trade him for the other Kaberle...

Kaberle is definately a goner. Would probably be for the best of the team, and himself.

Burke has said he won't ask Kubina or Kabrele to waive their NTC, although that may just be posturing with the media so that he doesn't put Kaberle/Kubina into the same position Sundin was put into last year.

And I don't know how he gets rid of Blake. I don't think he's playing that bad that you outright waive him or send him down, and I don't even think Burke could deal that contract right now without tossing in something very significant to sweeten the pot.

Burke has said he won't ask Kubina or Kabrele to waive their NTC, although that may just be posturing with the media so that he doesn't put Kaberle/Kubina into the same position Sundin was put into last year.

And I don't know how he gets rid of Blake. I don't think he's playing that bad that you outright waive him or send him down, and I don't even think Burke could deal that contract right now without tossing in something very significant to sweeten the pot.

I don't think the leafs are going to get better for a few years, which may result in burke hanging on to these bad contracts instead of paying to get rid of them. There just isn't any urgency to get rid of blake, because if he was gone, we don't have any solid prospects to put in the lineup in his place anyway.

I think Blake gets a bit of a bad rap. He's a victim of his contract and the fact that he was brought in coming off an absurd 40 goal season when he played with one probably the most underrated playmaker/skill players in the league in Yashin.

Sifers is complete garbage. I can't wait until MVR or Schenn come back so he can quit being horrible.

Sifers was playing with Frogren scratched until Van Ryn got hurt (again). That's why Stralman was the one who got sent down.

Stralman got sent down because it would be stupid to play him 8 minutes a game when he can get 20 with the Marlies. The Leafs are way more concerned with his development than that of Sifers.

Stralman got sent down because it would be stupid to play him 8 minutes a game when he can get 20 with the Marlies. The Leafs are way more concerned with his development than that of Sifers.

I was just saying that there's not necessarily a reason to belief that, when Schenn returns, Sifers will be the odd man out. Frogren was the one who sat before, I believe.

You think Frogren sits when Schenn comes back? I hope not, he is a solid #6 guy. Sifers, on the other hand, can barely find his own zone.

I hope not too, because I think Sifers stinks as well, but I know that Frogren was the one who was at least supposed to sit before when Van Ryn finally came back.

the log jam at defence continues, but it's good that fletch stocked up as the injuries are apparent

i'm still waiting for the first move made by burke

I'm eager to see what he does too, but I'd rather have him wait until closer to the deadline so he gets the best deals possible. Read on a Leafs site today that there were a few Blue Jackets scouts at the last Leaf game. People were speculating an Antropov for Voracek deal. I'd nut myself if that happened. I do think that Columbus is a good trading partner for the Leafs, though. Kind of like ATL a few years ago, they really want to make the playoffs. They have a lot of talent in their system and they need to start playing for now, not the future. I'd be interested in Leclaire, too but he could prove to be Raycroft 2.0.

Ideally, for Leafs fans anyway, he will be able to rob somebody for Kubina and/or Kaberle as teams prepare for the playoffs and are on the lookout for a defenseman with some offensive ability. I think a team is far more likely to overpay for one of those guys than for Antropov, as it turns out.

i heard on the radio someone suggested a Kaberle for Jordan Staal trade..possibly even a first rounder or 2nd rounder from penguins included.

i like this trade as it will bring in a power forward with size and isn't afraid to use his body, Staal has potential to grow also. With the way the economy is and salary cap possibly going down in a couple of years, how will the pens afford to keep Staal?

Would the Pens really want Kaberle and Gonchar though? Those a two pretty soft d-men back there, especially for a playoff run. I think they'd be more interested in Kubina.