Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 08/09

That's true.

I'd be happy with the trade as it stands there, but if Burke could get a 1st rounder thrown in I would be over the moon. Even a 2nd or 3rd rounder to replace what they moved to get Grabovski and Mayers would be a great result. I know the Leafs are crap, but Kaberle and Stajan are probably the two of the top 3 or 4 players on the team right now.

If it was Staal, Tangradi <> Stajan, Kaberle, I'd do it without thinking twice. Staal can have a breakout season next year a la Jeff Carter, if given the playing time. He's young, got loads of experience already, and could probably take on a leadership role.

ye love to see staal come to TO...and i saw the blake spin-o-rama move coming in that game...before he started the shootout he checked his skates and cleaned them off lol...wonder how they'll do against brodeur tonight

WHAT A JOKE!

Moore wants 2.5-3 million a season? if burke gives him anything even more then 2 he's an idiot!

I hope the fans boo moore tonight at the game

I've said it before, but I want Moore gone. Nothing against the guy, and he has played very well this year, but he is not a piece of the future. He is the type of guy who is playing for a contract, and as such, his stats this year are not what he will produce in the future. Signing him to a multi-year deal is asking for failure. We got him for nothing on waivers, lets turn him into a 2nd round pick.

I've said it before, but I want Moore gone. Nothing against the guy, and he has played very well this year, but he is not a piece of the future. He is the type of guy who is playing for a contract, and as such, his stats this year are not what he will produce in the future. Signing him to a multi-year deal is asking for failure. We got him for nothing on waivers, lets turn him into a 2nd round pick.

Exactly. Deal him now. That would be the smartest thing to do.

Moore is pricing his way out of a long term contract with a team who is looking to the future. He may get a one or two year deal for 2.5M in the off-season (with someone else) but if he chokes hes screwed.

Asking too much and not performing is a good way to get yourself put on waivers come next years deadline.

I'm pretty sure any Toskala trade wouldn't exactly qualify as a 'raid' on the farm system.
All I could see coming back from that trade would be a goaltending prospect not named Howard or a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I think Toskala's grossly undervalued by Leafs fans. He's the wrong goalie for Toronto right now; he'd be the right kind of goalie for Detroit. Toronto needs a goalie like Rogie Vachon, Bill Ranford, Curtis Joseph in his prime, Jose Theodore when he's hot -- the guy who can win you the odd game, maybe even a playoff series, with momentary brilliance on a sub-par team. Those guys excited the fans, kept the acrobatics going, didn't win as much as they should but won in style. Toskala isn't that goalie. He's the ideal goalie for a team that has its shit together, that doesn't give up ridiculous odd-man rushes or leave guys totally uncovered around the net. His cool, calm demeanour seems to irritate the hell out of people in Toronto precisely because the team isn't doing well: hence the accusations like, "He doesn't care." Put him in Detroit, and that level-head approach is exactly what they need.

This is, of course, assuming that whatever's going on with his hip can be played through until June. He's won a point in every one of his last twelve games, so it's not killing him yet.

Philly and Washington might also be taking a good, long look at him, although they're not presently looking as shaky in goal as Detroit.

The Kolzig trade has a bit of an odor to it....I've heard the league may be reviewing that one because Burke essentially bought a 4th round pick from Tampa in exchange for paying Heward and Kolzig for the rest of the year. I think it also increases the revenue sharing the Bolts are able to receive.

Wow this team is disgusting. Look at this lineup from Ice Chips:

Ponikarovsky - Stajan - Devereaux

Stempniak - Grabovski - Kulemin

Blake - Mitchell - Myers

Ondrus - Hamilton - May

I know the lines will be different, but still.

I think he had a six point night last night, as well as a five goal game recently. He is young and obviously has the talent. What he has lacked in the NHL so far is confidence. I think Burke and company want him to dominate for the rest of the year and then have him play in the top six next year. A lot of Leafs fans try to liken it to Burke leaving Ryan in the AHL, but that was more for salary cap reasons.

Looks weird to see the Darth Vadar/Sens mask on a Leaf goalie.

I really thought Gerber would be wearing a plain white one with a Leafs sticker on the chin.

Tlusty and Kulemin both need more development time; a good AHL playoff run and they should be ready for the show.

Tlusty should be playing for the Leafs right now. As it stands, there is no pressure to win games, its the perfect time for him to develop and get used to the NHL level of play. I do agree that he should not be in the lineup full time, simply because i feel its too much of a reward to give him.

leafs just want him to dominate the AHL right now before they send him up...gets his confidence up apparantly

stupid Leafs TV - can anyone explain to me the whole spezza stick measurement fiasco?

great call by ron wilson on the spezza stick in my opinion....just too bad we didn't get any bad bounces go our way

thanks for the link. The part I was confused about is when he stepped on his stick to break it, before getting called out. Then after the game, he cries 'i didn't know', but clearly he knew when he stepped on his stick to break it.

here's the video evidence

lol boohoo spezza

Ha...insult to injury...Ref doesn't only announce his number...but gives him the penalty BY NAME *L*

Honestly....If I was down late in a playoff game against Wash...I'd call for Ovie's stick. Call it chicken shit if you want...but it's in the book still...and if he's breaking the rule, I'd try to use it to my advantage.

Not sure what you guys think of this but they were talking about Olie Kolzig on the telecast of the Caps/Lighting game just now.

First, Cujo said he's getting Olie a jersey made up, even if he never suits up for the leafs.

But somewhat more importantly, Locker was saying that Burke had a plan for Olie long term with the leafs. That him retiring after this season will open him for a coaching position with the leafs.

Carey Price credits Olie with some of his development. Kolzig was the goalie coach in 04/05 there during the lockout, when Price was the goalie there (Kolzig is part owner of the team)

Just thought I would throw that out for you guys, see what you thought of it.

Kolzig is a class act, in spite of how things ended here in DC