Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2008-2009 IIHF World Jr. Championships

I like Pierres enthusiasm, and the fact that he has a comment on just about any player...but I agree, in a game like yesterday it's sometimes overdone, disecting a play on a goal that makes the game 12-0, at that point theres not much to commentate on.

I wouldn't fault him for that...if they keep scoring...he has to keep analysing.

I like Pierres enthusiasm, and the fact that he has a comment on just about any player...but I agree, in a game like yesterday it's sometimes overdone, disecting a play on a goal that makes the game 12-0, at that point theres not much to commentate on.

Come on, now, Pierre is as awful as they get. If someone could please tell him that the word "monster" doesn't have to be in every sentence I would greatly appreciate it.

Come on, now, Pierre is as awful as they get. If someone could please tell him that the word "monster" doesn't have to be in every sentence I would greatly appreciate it.

Someone should also tell him that Phaneuf already has a girlfriend...

Personally I like Pierre, alot better than the commentary they have on RDS. BTW, this tournament should be an 8 team tournament, having to beat the Kazaks by that much because of the importance of goals makes me sick to my stomach.

Personally I like Pierre, alot better than the commentary they have on RDS. BTW, this tournament should be an 8 team tournament, having to beat the Kazaks by that much because of the importance of goals makes me sick to my stomach.

I agree. And the thing is they are trying to expand the number of teams in it; pretty stupid in my opinion.

I still don't like running up the score by that much, and I don't care if everybody else does it...if you feel the need to score an extra 7 or 8 goals on some hapless opponent because you might get a higher seed in the next round, well so be it, but I would have loved to see Canada make a statement by showing some class.

That is why that a 5 goal margin rule would be good for the tournament, because even if goal differencial would be bigger, only 5 goals would count. Pierre and Bob have talked about it numerous times.

That is why that a 5 goal margin rule would be good for the tournament, because even if goal differencial would be bigger, only 5 goals would count. Pierre and Bob have talked about it numerous times.

I agree with that, but until the IIHF comes to their senses, I would like to see coaches take it upon themselves to show a little sportsmanship.

Now the question is, if you're absolutely raping a team, whats the best way to not beat them? I find, if you're just passing it around and not scoring, thats worse then scoring I think, would these good teams have to just dump it in all the time?

Now the question is, if you're absolutely raping a team, whats the best way to not beat them? I find, if you're just passing it around and not scoring, thats worse then scoring I think, would these good teams have to just dump it in all the time?

i agree. holding back and passing it around is sort of like teasing.

Probably best thing to do is to continue with the game plan, but refrain from crashing the net.

Quinn was moving lines around playing guys out of their normal 'roles' (for as much as their are roles with teams like this)...but, yeah like you said....a game of keep away is almost as offensive to watch as 15-0

Quinn was moving lines around playing guys out of their normal 'roles' (for as much as their are roles with teams like this)...but, yeah like you said....a game of keep away is almost as offensive to watch as 15-0

Doesn't make sense, since when you're playing a team like Kazakhstan, there's nobody to 'check'. Everyone just ends up scoring, including the 'role' players.

I guess there's not a whole lot you can do to throttle down you play on the PP, especially when every guy on the team is probably PP1 back with his junior team.

Still I think 15 goals is a bit ridiculous. I feel sorry for the other guys if we're up by 5 or 6 just in men's league, I can't imagine what it would be like on an international stage on TV and everything like that.

There wasn't a whole lot the Canadian kids could do to stop scoring. It wasn't like they were flying the zone or hanging. As much as I hated seeing the score I don't think they could have scored less.

If TSN posts the "Player Bio" segment with John Tavares and PK Subban together...watch it. They've known each other for years. Chirping each other...cracking jokes...some good stuff on there.

I watched the USA vs. Khazikstan game last night. I could n't help feeling bad for their goalie, he reminded me of our goalie when we get killed like that in beer league by a team playing down!

Anyway, I think the real shame is that the US plays Canada tonight, and I am not so sure that the seemingly holding back will help them play well today. Teams that don't deserve to be in should be out. They need a better play in or qualifier or something.

I've waited all tournament for this game tonight. Canada VS. USA

Although I'm Canadian, I'm more interested to see how well the Wilson, VanRiemsdyk, Schroeder line works and how they'll hold up against Canada's shut down defence of Teubert and Hickey

I think the NHL Network picked up all USA games at the WJC, unless you have that

I've waited all tournament for this game tonight. Canada VS. USA

Although I'm Canadian, I'm more interested to see how well the Wilson, VanRiemsdyk, Schroeder line works and how they'll hold up against Canada's shut down defence of Teubert and Hickey

I think the NHL Network picked up all USA games at the WJC, unless you have that

NHL Network has shown all USA and Canada games :)

Sweden just dominating the Russians, and either Hedman's got some kind of injury to me he hasn't really stood out this game nor this tournament.

based on the WJC, John Tavares > Victor Hedman

Anyone know why that hit after the whistle by the Canada player wasnt a penalty?

GO USA

Thats what I was thinking! O'BRIEN just made it 3-0!

Go USA!