Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2008-2009 IIHF World Jr. Championships

Even if the US loses this is a great game to have seen live.

It's also great the Lightning signed Tokarski yesterday :D

Been a while since ive been so excited throughout an entire game I think. Good for Tavares with the hat trick and trying the goal record.

If I'm not mistaken, if USA wins the quarters VS. Slovakia, they switch over and play Sweden in the Semis. Vice versa for Russia VS. Czech, winner of that quarter final moves on to play Canada in the semis.

GREAT GAME between Canada and USA! Always a tough game against Canada but I think USA Hockey has developed a quality hockey program over the years to develop their players. USA will be a very strong team for many years to come with likes of Zach Parise, Patrick Kane, Ryan Miller, Jack Johnson, Dustin Brown and Rick Dipietro to name a few.

i was trying to figure out if you guys discussed this or not - i wish i could've watched the game...

woahhh i missed that. that was bogus of the US player to do that. wowwwwwww

I like Tavares grabbing DellaRovre away from vanRiemsdyk. Didn't prevent the punch...but I think Della would've gone at him (or another player) if JT didn't grab him away.

I have not been impressed with the officiating so far. I was at the USA vs Kazakhstan game and the refs were very inconsistent. It must have sucked being dominated like that, but to have the calls going the other way all of the time must have added insult to injury. The USA vs Canada game was not all that well called either. I suppose that the qualifications to officiate the series are tough to set at a high standard, if teams like Kazakhstan are in the series there must be refs that are of the same skill set.

I agree that Macquire needs to stop shouting all of the time he drives me nuts. I can't imagine what its like living with the guy, his wife must wear ear plugs all of the time! Gary Greene is the best by far.

i was trying to figure out if you guys discussed this or not - i wish i could've watched the game...

woahhh i missed that. that was bogus of the US player to do that. wowwwwwww

Yeah Tangradi screwed up but with the emotions running how they were something was bound to happen. Hayes went by the bench after his goal and did the Hulk Hogan hand to the ear. After a Canada goal Della Rovere went by the US bench and was tapping US players on the helmet and then they didnt like when Dediminico went by doing the whole high five deal. And apparently Della Rovere did something similar earlier in the tourney as well.

I didn't care for the buzzing the bench stuff that was going on by either side.

Della Rovere seems to be the second coming of Steve Downie. I won't bother waiting to see how short his antics make his career.

I think team USA still has the Canada game in their heads. I hope they can pull this one out and play Canada one more time.

Go USA

I think team USA still has the Canada game in their heads. I hope they can pull this one out and play Canada one more time.

Go USA

Well based on the Can/US game and the number of penalties that can be called in Int'l Hockey...no lead is really safe in this tourney (unless you are playing Khazakstan...then I guess every lead is safe)