Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2008-2009 IIHF World Jr. Championships

How do you say upset in Slovakia?

According to Google Translate: unavený

Not totally familiar with IIHF rules...Visor/Cage question. Players under 18 have to wear a full cage. Ryan Ellis turns 18 during the Tourney (Semi Final Day). Could he don the visor for that game (and hopefully the Final) as he will be an 18 year old?

So Slovakia who has only ONE drafted NHL player beats USA who has 20 drafted players on 22 including 8 drafted in 1st round? I haven't seen the game, what happened? Team chemistry?

So Slovakia who has only ONE drafted NHL player beats USA who has 20 drafted players on 22 including 8 drafted in 1st round? I haven't seen the game, what happened? Team chemistry?

McCollum was fighting the puck badly. And the Slovak kid was amazing in net. McGuire/Miller kept saying it looked like they still had the Canada game in their heads. That may be the case.

At the end of the day, for whatever reasons, goaltending was the difference.

The Canada game had nothing to do with the USA loss. Thankfully, I had the American commentators so I didn't have to listen to McGuire's drivel. Last night's game was a combination of Janus playing out of his head, three terrible breakaway moves by Schroeder, Collins, and van Riemsdyk, McCollum having an awful game, and van Riemsdyk seeming to be mailing it in. I really thought McCollum should have been pulled after the third goal. He didn't stop much in the Canada game and he stopped even less against Slovakia.

Dooooood I was glued to the tv but apparently the NHL network was showing the Dallas vs. Edmonton game + living in Dallas area = blacked out!!! arghgghghghghgh I can't believe this

Filatov on the bench with a "must score' situation...WTH is the Russian coach thinking?

Not gonna argue too much though..."Drive for Five" is still alive.

Not totally familiar with IIHF rules...Visor/Cage question. Players under 18 have to wear a full cage. Ryan Ellis turns 18 during the Tourney (Semi Final Day). Could he don the visor for that game (and hopefully the Final) as he will be an 18 year old?

Well, Ellis is still behind the birdcage...so I guess that answers that question.

They need a faster version of "Oh Canada!"

Pretty sure that Nemchinov figured they would get at least one goal and put Filatov at third shooter. Two different schools of thought, and hindsight is ALWAYS 20:20 when it doesn't work out.

Yeah they do need a faster oh canada. Perhaps they should play the one that everyone grew up with in grade school. After all thats the tempo which everyone sang it at.

I must say though, takarsky (sp?) was not playing on top of his game. I'd say the first shoot out goal off the post was a life saver.

Amazing game, just amazing my blood pressure was thru the roof during the last 2 minutes, overtime and the shootout. I guess I will have to leave the meeting early on monday but I guess my lucky hat works again, only time Canada lost while I wore it was on the Fleury incident.

Amazing game, just amazing my blood pressure was thru the roof during the last 2 minutes, overtime and the shootout. I guess I will have to leave the meeting early on monday but I guess my lucky hat works again, only time Canada lost while I wore it was on the Fleury incident.

I don't know why...but I thought you were much younger than that. Well, younger than me anyway. (32) I've heard of...but don't remember The Punch-up in Piestany.

Video: http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=en&a...4&ct=title#

Haha, well I am just 25, by the Fleury incident I meant when Marc-André Fleury shot the puck on the D in 2004 but not the lights out incident. BTW if you ever want to have a good read about the 1987 Punch-Up in Piestany there is a great book called When The Lights Went Out by Gare Joyce.

Haha, well I am just 25, by the Fleury incident I meant when Marc-André Fleury shot the puck on the D in 2004 but not the punch out. BTW if you ever want to have a good read about the 1987 Punch-Up in Piestany there is a great book called When The Lights Went Out by Gare Joyce.

Oh...well then we'll just call that video a lesson for all the 'kids'. The MA Fleury incident I DO remember.

Well, Ellis is still behind the birdcage...so I guess that answers that question.

I doubt he would want to change in the middle of the tournament anyway. He would probably stay with what's familiar. After the tourny he'll have the time to practise a bit with a visor to get a feel of it before actually playing with one.

I doubt he would want to change in the middle of the tournament anyway. He would probably stay with what's familiar. After the tourny he'll have the time to practise a bit with a visor to get a feel of it before actually playing with one.

He's used to a visor...he wears one in Windsor...if anything he said he'd have to adjust to going back to a cage when this camp started. The under 18 rule is an IIHF rules...not CHL.

I remember Pierre McGuire saying that he is not allowed to change half way through the tournament.

They need a faster version of "Oh Canada!"

Hahaha... The crowd finished singing while the music was still playing.

Pretty sure that Nemchinov figured they would get at least one goal and put Filatov at third shooter. Two different schools of thought, and hindsight is ALWAYS 20:20 when it doesn't work out.

The ridiculous thing is Filatov wasn't the third shooter, as Pierre confirmed. How that is possible is beyond me. Surely he isn't that bad at it? Canada shot tavares second who is 9-30 in the O, there's no way filatov is much worse.

Anyone have an idea if there is a site streaming the bronze medal game? Stuck at work. Sorry if this is a dumb question and it's been answered before, I couldn't find anything.