Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2008-2009 IIHF World Jr. Championships

The Swedish goallie should have been in Valkyrie, he would have made a much better actor than Tom Cruise. Come on boys, 20 minutes! Don't repeat last year (Canada were up 2-0 after 20 and Sweden scored 2 in the 3rd) cause my heart can't take it anymore.

Really though. He is a disgrace to hockey. He's been dropped more times the Pierre Mguire as an infant. Canada is playing a great game and only 20 away from 5 straight!

Really though. He is a disgrace to hockey. He's been dropped more times the Pierre Mguire as an infant. Canada is playing a great game and only 20 away from 5 straight!

If we had a post of the night contest...I'd nominate THAT!

hahahahaha best one I've heard in a while man hahaha

GO CANADA!!!!

good chance that will be the only championship won in that rink for years to come!

i said the exact same thing to my gf and her brother after the game lol

and i doubt quinn will coach the 2010 olympics, there's too many other coaches that deserve and should coach team Canada.

Mike Babcock, Lindy Ruff, Andy Murray, Joel Quenneville, Ken Hitchcock are some deserving coaches

good chance that will be the only championship won in that rink for years to come!

i said the exact same thing to my gf and her brother after the game lol

lol go leafs go!

Quinn will definitely be a candidate as he has done it before and won it and now winning the Jrs. However, I don't think he is a lock as there are many candidates (as mentionned by KryptOng) that are qualified and willing.

As for the coach of the Pens, I think there is less of a chance. If memories serve correct, Michel Therrien just signed a new contract not long ago and he just led them to the finals last year. Management will at least give him some time (this season) to figure things out.

I've heard rumours that Sens owner Eugene Melnyk wants to bring in Quinn to replace Hartsburg behind their bench and GM Murray wants Bob Hartley. If they do, the Sens will have gone through 3 coaches in 2 years. What a joke!

that goalie is an embarrassment

Watch [insert pro goalie here] any night and you will see pretty much the same display. The real embarrassment is Della Rovere. When even Pat Quinn pretty much refuses to put you on the ice, you know you must be a retard.

Getting the goalie rattled? Really. What he almost did was put Canada down 2 men. He was lucky that the goalie took a swipe at him after he ran into him on the delayed call. If the Swedes had an even remotely unawful powerplay then the story would be how Della Rovere's bad penalties cost Canada the gold.

Della is an ass and could have cost Canada, but the Swede goalie did let the bumping effect him and his diving was embarrassing & disgusting, he's lucky that while he was flying around like a grenade hit him, that his head didn't smack the ice.

If a Canadian goalie acted like that I would have shut the TV off, regardless of the score.

The Swede's have some great players though, tons of talent and they displayed why they will be a country with no off years like some of the other programs.

Canada seems to just jell as a team at this tournament, the 4th line guys are 1st line stars on their club team, but they come in and accept the reduced ice time and do what they are asked to do. And obviously 20k Canadians in the stands helps a little.

I am curious as to the type of attention this tourney gets in other countries, I know this doesn't hit the sports radar in the US, but in Canada it is always huge, front page of the national papers huge(helps that we win it so often),

What is the attention in Sweden/Russia/Finland etc.?

Della is an ass and could have cost Canada, but the Swede goalie did let the bumping effect him and his diving was embarrassing & disgusting, he's lucky that while he was flying around like a grenade hit him, that his head didn't smack the ice.

If a Canadian goalie acted like that I would have shut the TV off, regardless of the score.

The Swede's have some great players though, tons of talent and they displayed why they will be a country with no off years like some of the other programs.

Canada seems to just jell as a team at this tournament, the 4th line guys are 1st line stars on their club team, but they come in and accept the reduced ice time and do what they are asked to do. And obviously 20k Canadians in the stands helps a little.

I am curious as to the type of attention this tourney gets in other countries, I know this doesn't hit the sports radar in the US, but in Canada it is always huge, front page of the national papers huge(helps that we win it so often),

What is the attention in Sweden/Russia/Finland etc.?

IF a Canadian goalie acted like that?????? I guess you don't watch much NHL action.

As for the attention that the tourny gets in Canada versus other places, well, what the hell else is there? Sporting options are kind of limited.