Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2009 Easton Catalogue

I've been looking at the S11 skate for 250 at my LHS, but the S12 is only 50 bucks more. Would it be worth it spend the extra money and get the S12's?

I severely underestimated what everyone was saying about the E-Pro glove... I'll be the one to say it, it's complete crap. The glove is soft and spongy like a low-end glove. There are not nearly as many plastic inserts as even the custom order 4-roll glove. The foam is MUCH lower density, the material is just cheap feeling. I would have guessed it was a $30-40 glove.

There was never any reason to sugar coat that glove when the rep showed it to me. It was a piece of junk the minute I saw it. If Easton couldn't make OPS they would have absolutely nothing going for them in the hockey business. Their weaknesses in protective equipment are getting worse every season. And if RBK/CCM wasn't such poor competition for #2 in the skate business, Easton skates would have no representation in the marketplace either.

I couldn't have been more disappointed in the glove, I haven't seen the other protective but the S17 elbows were great... albeit virtually unchanged from the S9.

With such a quality pro glove and I mean the PRO glove, not the custom order glove... It's a shame that they couldn't even bring the pretty darn good custom order glove to retail. These aren't even remotely comparable to anything that isn't the lowest-end glove offered from each major brand. It's absolutely appalling.

Has the fit of the Stealth line of skates changed? I have a pair of S7 skates that fit well except they are a bit shallow. Is the new line similar in depth to the previous models?

i've heard alot of bad things from this site about easton blades... esp. the synergy eiltes... is this the same for the ST?

Speaking from experience, the SE has always been hit or miss for me. I'm not particularly abusive to sticks, and I've had SE's last me 3 months, and I've also had them last 3 weeks. The blades do typically have a tendency of softening up.

As for the 'new' ST...has anyone used it, and can comment on their exprience? I'd like to buy one. I notice a few pros are using an ST dressed up like an S17 (Ryder, Letang, C. Long, etc), and I am very interested to hear if anyone here has used one. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this