Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

camhockey16

Worst Hockey Equipment Ever

Not really a piece of equipment, more of a fad... when I was 8 or 9 (late 80's) kids use to love to do a zebra tape job on their stick blades. I even took it a step further and put my initials in white tape over the black friction tape on my blade... very lame.

Also, neon colored hockey sticks... all the kids had them during the neon rage of the late 80's. And you had to add the neon colored laces for your skates to match. I still remember my neon green Christian stick.

Not really a piece of equipment, more of a fad... when I was 8 or 9 (late 80's) kids use to love to do a zebra tape job on their stick blades. I even took it a step further and put my initials in white tape over the black friction tape on my blade... very lame.

Also, neon colored hockey sticks... all the kids had them during the neon rage of the late 80's. And you had to add the neon colored laces for your skates to match. I still remember my neon green Christian stick.

Blame this guy on that fad...

Klima.JPG

Koho 2210 Glassfibre sticks were dominant with Titan TPM2020 back then.

The DG32 shin guard mentioned by "Tyler" was a pro model shin pad in the 70s. He might not know that since back then he was still getting his breakfast in a Gerber baby food jar.

Blame this guy on that fad...

Good ole Petr Klima... rockin' the Jofa helmet with the hair flowing out the back... another fad that couldn't die soon enough. I remember crying when the wings traded him for Jimmy Carson... hey, I was 9.

Oh how I miss the SK2000. I'm ready to cream myself just thinking about it. Those were the good ol' days, with my micron 10-70 skates and techniflex gloves. What I would give to have my youth back....

And the XL7 was my very first helmet. I was 8, maybe 9 yrs old, and I still felt like a tool...

OK, OK...I'm still a tool. But at least I know how to chug a beer!

ill say mike foligno when he played for the florida panthers. his kid plays for the sens as im sure every one knows. that is one ugly helmet.

Wow...good one!

thanx.. to bad it was from looking at some old 1994 cards i had lying around. thought they guy had retired by then. remember seeing some old photos of him in buffalo and toronto. i know he was drafted by my dear red wings back in there shitty era

i played in cooperalls with that grey girdle (from what i remember snug and comfortable)

I still see the cooper "grey" shoulder pads

got wind knocked out of me first time from a guy in a XL7 "bubble" helmet :angry:

(told the ref "i think i am dying", he was like "nah son your just winded")

loved my neon orange christian stick

Northland.

Nah, it had foam in it...like spongy foam. lol

Trivia time - who was the last player to wear it in the NHL?

It was Foligno, stopped playing in the mid 90s. Before that, however was big Dave Langevin!! As a Ranger fan I hated the guy and his stupid round melon dome Northalnd helmet is seared in my memory!!!!

herosDave-Langevin-0607.jpg