Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers Thread

Didn't feel like making just a single topic about this so I decided to make a complete Flyers topic...

but anyone watching today's game and being as pissed off I am about these BS calls on Richards?

Nice diving Dubinsky and Avery

Only caught the last few minutes of the game, and I didn't notice Briere on the ice once. I saw that he only played 12 minutes or so, one shot on goal. How did he look today? He hasn't looked to sharp since his return imho, and his insertion back into the lineup seems to be forcing Stevens to break up solid line combos. The PP hasn't look good at all with him on the ice.

The power play hasn't been good, regardless of who's on the ice. Briere played pretty well today, won some battles down low and didn't seem shy at all. I'm kind of glad Stevens is taking this approach towards Briere's comeback, because we all know he's not 100% yet, and we need him to be come playoff time. So, I'm willing to be patient with Briere's comeback.

Such a blah game today, I don't they'll have too many more like that down the stretch.

On Briere, I think physically he's as healthy as can be expected, it's just a matter of returning to game form. But it has not been pretty watching him trying to re-acclimate himself.

Danny looks horrible out there, honestly. A step behind, and the Rangers knew it. It looked like a couple times they were lining him up pretty good. So much for Carcillo being his protector. Unless Briere starts to get his back and play up to his skill level, I think we are in trouble down the stretch. He's screwing the lines up with Stevens shuffling him up and down the lineup, and the PP looks like crap with him on the ice.

And speaking of Carcillo, not sure why Stevens didn't use him out there against Avery. Say what you will about him (Avery), but with that performance yesterday I'd have him on my team any day. Very effective, and he seems in control and intentional with his antics. He's a douche, but a very effective douche (at least in yesterday's game).

I'll whine now and say I really miss Upshall and the chemistry that was forming there with Giroux and Powe. I hope that bringing back Briere was really worth losing three quality players full of character.

Well Danny looked pretty good against his old club. It's nice to see all the Flyers' studs scoring in that game, and it had been awhile since I could recall Carter coming down the wing and unloading a wrister like that. Very important game tomorrow with the Pens now tied for fourth, though the Flyers do have three games in hand.

The three games in hand is going to either make or break the Flyers season, if you ask me. Briere needs to have another strong game tomorrow to convince the critics out there, myself included, that he's healthy. The game in Buffalo was a great one, hopefully it'll give em some momentum going into the game against Pittsburgh

They pulled off a big win last night against New Jersey, it seemed everything was going pretty good last night. they where great on special teams and Biron played great, which is two things they are very important in the playoffs.

They still took too many penalties. You're not going to go 6 for 7 on the penalty kill too often in the playoffs. They've got to find a way to get down to around 4 minors or less a game.

Yeah, the team is playing very well right now. Biron has really cranked it up a notch. Thank god.

What do you guys think of Carcillo's play? Cap issues aside, I still think the trade was a bust, and we could use Upshall's speed with Giroux and Briere over what Carcillo brings to the table.

Do we have enough depth on D to make a long run, esp. if one of the top four gets hurt?

That is true, but usually there's a reduction in some the marginal times come playoff time.

Most of the calls aren't marginal, it's a byproduct of the style they play.

I'd disagree, most of the calls that lead to these additional penalties are easily avoidable obstruction calls, not roughs, boards, elbows or things of that sort. It's more of a discipline issue than "the style they play".

I can't really see the Leafs giving much of a effort tonight considering they have been eliminated from the playoffs, hopefully the flyers can pick up a win tonight against them.

Tonight's game was terrible, nothing went good, hopefully that can get it together for next game back home. Even though they lost tonight it seems like this will be a great series to watch, there was a lot of intensity tonight.

Hi guys,

what you think about the Goaltending situation in Philly?

I think they should ink Biron and maybe let Nitty go (cause of Cap space) but i still think it would not be good to hire emery. What do you think?

Bye

Biron stays, Nitty is gone. Nitty can go be a starter elsewhere, and I think will have success. Being a backup the past two seasons in Philly, I don't think he played to his full potential. I don't like the possibility of Emery becoming a Flyer. Even though he's a good goalie, he's a hothead. I've heard in the meanwhile the Flyers are aggressively pursuing Kari Lehtonen, which I like, but at what price? I've been hearing trading the rights to Lupul

At somepoint Philly is going to have to pay the price for a top goaltender or prospect. They seem to have an entire team built to run deep into the playoffs except for a strong goalie. Im not saying that they did not have strong goaltending this year, just seemed to me that if they had a goalie that could have stole them a few they might have come out of the first round.

Zach