Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers Thread

Hi Guys

what you think about the latest signings the Flyers made?

I think the most outstanding signing so far of the latest six is Bourdon. Maybe he have a really good camp and make the Team.

I think his stats are pretty impressive so far.

What you think?

Bye

just seen on comcast sportsnet that the flyers are interested in bertuzzi..does anyone have info on this i missed what they were saying...but im sorry it will be pointless to sign him in my opinion

Apparently the LA Kings are very interested in Carcillo and Jones, for what reason...I have no idea. But God help us and just take those two. I lost all respect for Carcillo after his sucker punch on Talbot (and I HATE the Pens, mind you), and Jones is just worthless

Any idea who they are talking about getting from the Kings in return for those guys? I couldn't imagine it would be all that much, but maybe enough to replenish some of the draft picks they gave up in the Pronger deal.

I'd love to see Justin Williams back in the orange and black, personally.

+1 i think he would be a good fit and also i heard they signed Kristian Tollefson dont no much about the deal cann anybody confirm this(sorry if i spelled his name wrong)

+1 i think he would be a good fit also i heard they signed Kristian Tollefson dont no much about the deal cann anybody confirm this(sorry if i spelled his name wrong)

Williams might be headed to Detroit. Tollefson signed a 1-year deal with the Flyers.

+1 i think he would be a good fit also i heard they signed Kristian Tollefson dont no much about the deal cann anybody confirm this(sorry if i spelled his name wrong)

Williams might be headed to Detroit. Tollefson signed a 1-year deal with the Flyers.

Different Williams. Jason Williams is rumored to be going to Detroit not Justin. Justin is still under contract with the Kings.

I don't want Carcillo back, but for reasons unrelated to the Pens series. Was the fight smart? No, but I am not going to blame the Flyers collapse on home ice entirely on a fight. We have plenty of wingers and toughness but need a 3rd line center. I'd dump him just for the cap space.

Funny, cause that's what we did bringing him here. Dumped cap space. Anyway, I'd do away with Carcillo. I hate the guy. And take Jones with him because he's worthless.

Huge blunder by Homer and company in cap management. We gave up Upshall and a pick for Carcillo. Upshall was making $1.2M and Carcillo $890K. They gave up a better player and pick to save $300K. Just highlights the poor cap management by the organization. Hopefully they've seen the error of their ways and don't let history repeat itself.

I'm surprised Emery went with number 29 instead of 27, I think that would have been a better number for him :P

I'm sure Hexy's number is unofficially retired - not quite on the level of Pelle Lindbergh's unofficially-retired #31, but not far off.

On the other hand, if Emery starts mauling guys left and right, and still stops pucks, they may make a ceremonial presentation of it.

Hi Guys,

does anyone have more Pics from the New Bauer Emery mask? Just seen two from both sides but i wanna see from behind (Rocky) and in front.

Thanks

Bye

Anyway, I'd do away with Carcillo. I hate the guy. And take Jones with him because he's worthless.

Totally agree with you, EB. I felt the same way about Carcillo when he was with us. Overall, he is a good guy, but he's an incredibly selfish player and doesn't listen to anything the coaching staff tries to tell him. Carcillo consistently puts his team(s) in bad spots and only thinks of himself and how he can 'get even' with someone on the opposition. The sharp decline in his point production was inexplicable...until you started to notice patterns with his on ice behavior.

I was elated when Maloney found a taker for Carcillo, and even more stoked when we got Upshall and a 2nd rounder in return.

Hi Guys,

does anyone have more Pics from the New Bauer Emery mask? Just seen two from both sides but i wanna see from behind (Rocky) and in front.

Thanks

Bye

haven't seen a front picture but here's a back. http://twitpic.com/dj2ev

Also, Hextall's number hasn't been retired yet, Downie wore it before he was traded.

Hi Guys,

thanks for that. Has anybody seen him in complete gear cause i like the look of the mask and would like to see how it matches with his gear.

Thanks

Bye

I'm sure Hexy's number is unofficially retired - not quite on the level of Pelle Lindbergh's unofficially-retired #31, but not far off.

On the other hand, if Emery starts mauling guys left and right, and still stops pucks, they may make a ceremonial presentation of it.

I'm of the opinion they should officially retire Lindbergh's #31. I loved watching him as a kid and I still remember watching the news when they announced his death. Flyers' goaltending has never been the same.

I'm of the opinion they should officially retire Lindbergh's #31. I loved watching him as a kid and I still remember watching the news when they announced his death. Flyers' goaltending has never been the same.

I think the reason it hasn't been retired is due to the nature of his death. If they didn't retire it then, they probably won't ever. I kind of like the unoffical retirement of the number.

27 has been in regular rotation since Hextall left. Hextall will never get 27 retired. If they were going to retire 27 it would have to be for Reggie Leach, he's by far the greatest Flyer to wear the number.

I think the reason it hasn't been retired is due to the nature of his death. If they didn't retire it then, they probably won't ever. I kind of like the unoffical retirement of the number.

27 has been in regular rotation since Hextall left. Hextall will never get 27 retired. If they were going to retire 27 it would have to be for Reggie Leach, he's by far the greatest Flyer to wear the number.

The Leafs have the best system. You "honor" the number and players but you leave it in rotation. Something about that just works for me for some reason.