Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazy-luke-finch

***SKATE HELP***

Or would it be worth getting the U+'s? or would they be too stiff or fit differently?

Are you talking U+ Pro's? Because those are likely too stiff and well out of your budget. Not to mention that the Vectors fit a slimmer foot and the U+s have a nice wide heel and wider forefoot than the Vectors.

ok thanks, that clears it up. ill wait a few weeks and get some vector 8's on sale when the new CCM's arrive.

ok thanks, that clears it up. ill wait a few weeks and get some vector 8's on sale when the new CCM's arrive.

sorry for the double post before, don't know why that happened :S

Anyway, i have another question, will i have to drill new holes to fit a vector 8 holder and runner onto a vector 6 inline boot? And will i have to drill new holes to fit a vector 6 inline chassis onto a vector 8 ice boot?

Both skates are the same size - 9.0D

Just out of curiosity, maybe JR can answer this, but by the sounds of this you want to use your inline boot on the ice, correct?

Are inline boots durable enough to work on ice? To me it always seemed like a one way street, ice hockey boots are stiff enough at any model to be used in both ice and inline, yet inline boots were only good for inline.

you are correct, however i will not be playing ice hockey with the inline boots, i will just be going skating on weekends.

I want to swap the holders/chassis on the skates because i want a stiffer skate for inline hockey, but i do not need anything special for ice skating.

Another question, i have heard that ice skates are generally stiffer that inlines, so would the boot of an 08 CCM Vector 6 ice skate be stiffer/better than an 07 CCM Vector 6 inline boot?

Just so you know, these are the skates i am referring to, i now this is a little confusing...

07? CCM Vector 6 inline

hockeymonkey_2043_171979377.gif

08 CCM Vector 6 ice

hockeymonkey_2043_138302348.gif

08 CCM Vector 8 ice

hockeymonkey_2043_435130619.gif

Just out of curiosity, maybe JR can answer this, but by the sounds of this you want to use your inline boot on the ice, correct?

Are inline boots durable enough to work on ice? To me it always seemed like a one way street, ice hockey boots are stiff enough at any model to be used in both ice and inline, yet inline boots were only good for inline.

Wrong -

Inline skates are actually more overbuilt than ice skates - you can slide on ice.

Look at a high-end inline boot and look at a high-end ice boot. There's much more to the inline boot.

Yah, I guess I've always had low end roller boots or converted hockey skates. Interesting to know. Although I never realized there were high end inline boots comparable to a high end ice skate.

If CCM's fit your feet well you might want to look into some RBK's too. CCM's generally fit my foot really well but when I tried on some RBK's I actually like the fit more, plus the pump feature helped a bit more with the heel lock and comfort.

If they do end up fitting your feet well you might want to look into some RBK 9k's or 7k's for ice that are on sale at many places, then you can convert that into a inline skate. I'd also recommend the RBK 5k inline boot as my friend has it, plays 3-4 games per week and has found that it has lasted him a good amount of time and is still a stiff boot. You can then convert that over to be your ice skates.

Good luck with your purchase! :)

Thanks for that idea, RBK's do fit me well but only when i use the pump to fill the gap in the heel so if the pump breaks, the skate wont fit very well.

That's why i want to go with CCM if possible.

Thanks for that idea, RBK's do fit me well but only when i use the pump to fill the gap in the heel so if the pump breaks, the skate wont fit very well.

That's why i want to go with CCM if possible.

Those were my thoughts exactly. So i tried on CCM V08's and for some reason they didn't fit very well. I was surprised because I figured the fit between RBK and CCM would basically be the same but the CCM wasn't as comfortable and supportive as the RBK. I would suggest trying them both out to see what works best. Also, I agree that the fit is better with the RBK's pumped up but I highly doubt that the pump will break on them. I did a good amount of reading before picking mine up and it seems to be a rare problem. Just make sure the bladder is completely empty when you get them backed given the bladder glue is heat sealed :)

Just so I'm clear on this, do the new 09 and 07 U+ models have the same last as the top of the line U+Pro? Or, are they similar to the models they appear to be replacing - the 08 model year Vector 08 and 06 models?

Also on the queston of the U+ fit, anyone know if the U+ pro in the narrow model is also shallower than the regular width, or is it only just narrower? Thanks.

I didn't want to make another thread so...

I am going to try on some skates today so does anyone know if the fit of the X:30's will be like the fit of the Vapor XXII's?

I ask this because they will only have the XXII's at my LHS because i live in the UK but i would like to get the X:30's from the US.

As an example, will a 9.5EE in a Vapor XXII fit the same as a 9.5EE in the X:30s?

Thank you, and i hope this all makes sense.

according to www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BVX6S they still recommend 1 1/2 down from your shoe size this is a copy and paste.

Sizing Guidelines: Bauer skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size

Fit: General fit aspects of the Vapor boot are low-medium volume, medium ankle area, medium across top of foot and forefoot and medium toe box.