Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OllieCCM

New Reebok Stick Line

Sorry Ollie, I can't offer an opinion on the Bergeron compared to the Gaborik, It's not my style. I just know that there is a market for that discontinued curve...

toe curves don't do well at retail though, Warrior was offering a retail toe curve and it was removed from the line presumably because it was not selling near as well as everything else.

the one thing I don't like about the current pattern line-up is all the P38 curves I've seen look bigger/deeper compared to the CCM Recchi, Easton Iginla, Mission Hossa type curves it's supposed to be close to. Given that the P30 is already a huge hook mid, why is the P38 also deeper than most? It'd be nice to see the P38 eased up a little, or something along the lines of an open P34 to compare to the Warrior Vanek or TPS Nash (08-09 pattern)

Do you have a specific pro curve to serve as a reference? In my mind a toe curve is completely straight and breaks at the tip of the toe creating a hook. For some other people, a toe curve breaks at the mid point similar to an old Montreal European pattern. I just want to make sure we have the same definition.

I think we're all talking about curves like 45, 46, and 50 on this chart. I would poop myself if Reebok came out with a curve like those. Ilya Kovalchuk's pro pattern is a pretty popular one around here (atleast one of the variations of it), which I could show you a picture of that one if you'd like.

kohyby45-63.jpg

Ok. We're on the same page with the 45 and 50 being toe curves. I think the market for that type of curve is very small but I'll consider it in the future.

toe curves don't do well at retail though, Warrior was offering a retail toe curve and it was removed from the line presumably because it was not selling near as well as everything else.

the one thing I don't like about the current pattern line-up is all the P38 curves I've seen look bigger/deeper compared to the CCM Recchi, Easton Iginla, Mission Hossa type curves it's supposed to be close to. Given that the P30 is already a huge hook mid, why is the P38 also deeper than most? It'd be nice to see the P38 eased up a little, or something along the lines of an open P34 to compare to the Warrior Vanek or TPS Nash (08-09 pattern)

The P38 curve is one of our most popular models. I don't anticipate making any changes to it but feel free to recommend another type of curve that you'd like to see.

Sorry Ollie, I can't offer an opinion on the Bergeron compared to the Gaborik, It's not my style. I just know that there is a market for that discontinued curve...

Ok. Noted. I've heard that comment before.

Ollie, I think the old Jofa D. Sedin pattern was the perfect mid curve, but with two mids in your line and no changes expected it's really kind of a moot point. The only other thing I have ever heard requested (and seen a couple people locally actually do customs for) is an open P34-esque pattern. Like I said before Warrior offers the Weight/Vanek, TPS has the newer Nash, Mission offered the Ribiero for a while and Sherwood's older Spezza pattern was in the same vein.

I don't know what the market looks like for producing that pattern between the Zetterburg and Drury curves like that though. My personal choice in a perfect world would be a 5.5-6 lie P34 curve open faced and semi-square toe on a medium blade length.

whats the toe curve good for?

Playing hockey :D

Regarding toe curves, the one I really fell in love with is the Warrior Havlat pro-stock curve. He's now using a Reebok twig, but if it's like his old curve it's the best of both worlds.

It starts out as a mild heel curve then is curved even more right at the toe and is slightly open. Perfect for forehand/backhand shots and in those times of emergency where you have to roof the puck or clear it over everyone's head - it does it with ease.

The problem selling these would be the WTF factor when it's sitting on a LHS floor, but once people try it they'll be a believer. I finally hunted a few more down and will be shipping one off to have the curve/lie matched by Christian.

I can't stress enough how f'n weird it looks or how well it performs.

Ollie, two questions in a similar area.

1. Has there been any though of Reebok offering a NBHiD-type program to allow the consumers more pattern options without forcing retailers to stock more SKUs?

2. Is there the potential for producing the current pattern offerings with multiple lie selections, similar to what Warrior does with some of its patterns?

Thanks.

Toe-curves just aren't popular enough for retail, look what happened to the warrior smyth..

Now ask the question "why?"

Is it b/c LHS do not order many or is it b/c they sit on the showroom floor longer than other curves?

If it's the latter, is it a function of the workers/customers being unfamiliar with that type of curve -or- is it a marketing thing, such as naming the curve after the correct player?

Montreal's Euro Curve was very popular, often the only curve available at the LHS if you wanted a Montreal stick or blade. So to say they are not popular enough is a brush that may be a bit too broad. Many NHLers & MSH forum members prefer this blade type, so there is a market for it. Even a web-only sales (ie: Bauer's ID program) to have access to a toe curve available may be enough to satisfy the toe-curve niche. Who knows? Reebok is a big company under the Adidas umbrella...so there's probably a lot of inertia to deal with. I'm not holding my breath...

The P38 curve is one of our most popular models. I don't anticipate making any changes to it but feel free to recommend another type of curve that you'd like to see.

i gotta agree with that...p38s perfect curve for me and many people...its the middle of everything...mid curve, moderate depth, medium length, rounded square, lie 6 etc etc.

thanks for putting up with us ollie btw ;)

i have broken a reebok 10k and i was wondering is there going to be a replacement blade for the 10k of stick like one that would have the logo on the blade like the original one piece or is it just gonna be the 3k and 5k blades from last year?

i have broken a reebok 10k and i was wondering is there going to be a replacement blade for the 10k of stick like one that would have the logo on the blade like the original one piece or is it just gonna be the 3k and 5k blades from last year?

On the high-end there will be a 8K tapered blade as well as a 6K standard blade. All 2009 replacement blades have the Reebok Vector logo on the hosel.

On the high-end there will be a 8K tapered blade as well as a 6K standard blade. All 2009 replacement blades have the Reebok Vector logo on the hosel.

That's correct.

ON the toe curve comment, if you make AO's toe hook as a SMU you don't think a bunch of younger kids and teens would go out and buy it since " its what AO uses and if i use it i will be like him"

best looking part of the stick in my opinion =D

I'll tell our head designer.

ON the toe curve comment, if you make AO's toe hook as a SMU you don't think a bunch of younger kids and teens would go out and buy it since " its what AO uses and if i use it i will be like him"

AO is a CCM guy, not Reebok.

That's correct.

Thanks soo much ill look out for that, when will that be retail in canada?

sure but SMU's arent spec'd by the manufacturer so you'll have to talk some big buying group into that, not Reebok

Money talks, if a company made a big enough order they would probably SMU anything

Ollie, two questions in a similar area.

1. Has there been any though of Reebok offering a NBHiD-type program to allow the consumers more pattern options without forcing retailers to stock more SKUs?

2. Is there the potential for producing the current pattern offerings with multiple lie selections, similar to what Warrior does with some of its patterns?

Thanks.

Both questions are very pertinent. However, they're of a strategic nature so I won't make a comment at this point. Based on your questions although, I assume you think these are good programs and I've taken note.

That's correct.

Thanks soo much ill look out for that, when will that be retail in canada?

These will be out very shortly...in the next few weeks.

Looking at the offering, I see:

P32 ~ Drury

P38 ~ Iginla

P30 ~ Lindros

P34 ~ Modano

P87 ~ Spezza

If I were in charge at Reebok, I'd change the P87 curve to a Sakic clone, and either bring back the Recchi as a mid-toe curve option or differentiate the P38 and P30 a little more (make the P38 a bigger curve or something, or make one a little more toe and the other a little more heel).

The funny thing is that everyone wants something different in a curve and even if RBK added another half dozen curves, people would still be asking for something different. The biggest problem I see is the fact they are almost all 6 lie. Most kids, and a good number of adults for that matter, would be properly fitted with a lower lie given the stick length they use. For a 6 lie to fit properly the stick needs to be cut down around the collarbone for most people.

But I'd bet a Sakic would sell a lot better than a few of those curves they offer now!

This is a recurring comment that I've taken note of. Thanks.

But I'd bet a Sakic would sell a lot better than a few of those curves they offer now!

I was talking more about what some of the others said. Your suggestions make a lot of sense, but I would leave the P38 as is, make the 30 a recchi and the sid a sakic. That covers a neutral mid, a mid-toe and a wide open mid. The shame is that is still doesn't give me a curve that I like. I could get by with the modano-ish but nothing else even comes close for me.