Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OllieCCM

New Reebok Stick Line

Which of the patterns are 6 and which are 5 lie? I've been hearing conflicting info elsewhere...

Most of our patterns are actually a lie 6.

Is CCM/RBK ever going to make a sakic clone at retail? I've always wanted to try your sticks, but not having my curve is major hindrance.

Good question. The current Crosby curve is the closest we have to the Easton Sakic right now. We evaluate our curve offering every year and I've noted your comment.

Is that why the Crosby curve changes every year?

:rolleyes:

Tell your curve guys to give us a REAL toe curve!!! I'll even give you guys my broken Kovalchuk pro to base it off of.
There are three main differences between the 6k and 5k. The 6k has a different grip (new Shark Skin VS Snake Grip), it's about 40 grams lighter and has a stiffer blade than the 5k.

When you compare it to the 5K, is that this years 5K or last years 5K?? I was wondering exactly where the new 6K slotted in as well.

i second that. nobody makes a good toe curve at the retail level here in NA only across the pond. if you want i could send you a neuindyke pattern blade to copy.

I dont think they would have any troubly manufacturing a toe curve, whats hindering them is the market for them. On the other hand maybe he could do a "prostock" run of a kovalchuk for us MSHers, im sure we could get over 20 people to order :).

I dont think they would have any troubly manufacturing a toe curve, whats hindering them is the market for them. On the other hand maybe he could do a "prostock" run of a kovalchuk for us MSHers, im sure we could get over 20 people to order :).

only 20? i think you under-estimate the gear whoreness of MSH'ers and their love of toe curves.

well i didnt want to over estimate..but your right. im banking on warrior taking ovies pro pattern retail (yea right, i got a better chance of getting pregnant) if he jumps ship.

Are there any plans to make a tapered shaft / blade version that is comparable to the 10k?

Excellent question, there is a significant whole in the market right now for a high performance tapered shaft.

Are there any plans to make a tapered shaft / blade version that is comparable to the 10k?

Excellent question, there is a significant whole in the market right now for a high performance tapered shaft.

i think that goes to a blade too =P

There's a huge lack of lower lie blades on the market, regardless of quality.

Hi, why did you discontinue the P.30 Bergeron curve on the 10k and the 8.0.8?

I have been using that curve since it was the Amonte on a 7k and I haven't found

any other curve out there that has been as good. Any chance you will offer the P.30

on the 10k or 8.0.8 in the near future? Also, can you please let us know when the

8.0.8 will hit the stores? I have heard April, June and October...please clarify. Thanks!!!

And I want my skinny, round, high performance tapered shafts while we're making lists

But something tells me Im one of few

Add another vote for 5 lie blades/patterns and a tapered shaft (and tapered wood blades).

I really like the "rack appeal" of the new stick line although I have never used a Reebok shaft/stick before.

I've experimented with the early vector series(v110) and tried the early 6k shaft (not bad by the way) but never went the whole way into the OPS.

Since I'm a fan of the "concave" type shafts are there any sticks/shafts in the line with that type of geometry?

i know this stick isnt out yet but can you shed some info on the 8.0.8

The 8.0.8 is coming out later this year. All I can tell you for now is that we've redesigned the Power Port Zone to further reduce drag and increase swing speed. We also used high modulus carbon in the shaft and blade to make it one of the lightest high-end sticks available in the market. It's light, fast and powerful.

Not right now. The 8k shaft however is tapered.

Add another vote for 5 lie blades/patterns and a tapered shaft (and tapered wood blades).

I really like the "rack appeal" of the new stick line although I have never used a Reebok shaft/stick before.

I've experimented with the early vector series(v110) and tried the early 6k shaft (not bad by the way) but never went the whole way into the OPS.

Since I'm a fan of the "concave" type shafts are there any sticks/shafts in the line with that type of geometry?

All our SR sticks are offered in a T geometry. Our Light sticks (65) however are offered in a C geometry. If you want a SR stick with a C geometry, I recommend looking at the CCM line of sticks.

Hi, why did you discontinue the P.30 Bergeron curve on the 10k and the 8.0.8?

I have been using that curve since it was the Amonte on a 7k and I haven't found

any other curve out there that has been as good. Any chance you will offer the P.30

on the 10k or 8.0.8 in the near future? Also, can you please let us know when the

8.0.8 will hit the stores? I have heard April, June and October...please clarify. Thanks!!!

The Bergeron curve is available on the 6k and 5k right now. We don't plan on adding it to the 10k or 808.

The 808 will be launched for the beginning of the 2009-2010 hockey season.

Tell your curve guys to give us a REAL toe curve!!! I'll even give you guys my broken Kovalchuk pro to base it off of.
There are three main differences between the 6k and 5k. The 6k has a different grip (new Shark Skin VS Snake Grip), it's about 40 grams lighter and has a stiffer blade than the 5k.

When you compare it to the 5K, is that this years 5K or last years 5K?? I was wondering exactly where the new 6K slotted in as well.

The new 6k is the same price point as last year's 5k, however it features a lower kick point, new grip and lighter construction.

There's a huge lack of lower lie blades on the market, regardless of quality.

We're always open to consumer feedback on this or any other topic. Your comments are noted.

How does that compare to the shaft on the 10k? after using (and liking) the 7k sickick I'd have concidered getting another top-end reebok shaft.

How does that compare to the shaft on the 10k? after using (and liking) the 7k sickick I'd have concidered getting another top-end reebok shaft.

We don't offer the 10k shaft in North America for retail. However, the 8k shaft is a generation better than the 7k.

Fair enough, do you mean to say you plan to offer the 10k shaft in Europe? where I live..

Is the grip on the 8k the same as the old 7k? that was its best selling point.

Fair enough, do you mean to say you plan to offer the 10k shaft in Europe? where I live..

Is the grip on the 8k the same as the old 7k? that was its best selling point.

The grips are indeed very similar on the 8k and 7k shafts.

Ollie,

I acquired a prostock 8.0.8 (85 flex) this past december. The stick has a great feel, extremely light and tremendous performance. The graphics are also fantastic. I totally fell in love with it. Very much improved over the previous prostock O stick that I had. Unfortunately after 3 weeks of play, the blade has gone really soft and it feels like a wet noodle. Shot speed and responsiveness have dropped off.

Is this common with the prostock 8.0.8's? Did I get unlucky with a bad twig? Would it correct the issue to use a higher flex and as the stick breaks in, it will drop to an 85? Or are the retail versions going to be made more durable with less performance?

I understand that all sticks eventually wear down, but was a little suprised at how quickly it went.

Ollie,

I acquired a prostock 8.0.8 (85 flex) this past december. The stick has a great feel, extremely light and tremendous performance. The graphics are also fantastic. I totally fell in love with it. Very much improved over the previous prostock O stick that I had. Unfortunately after 3 weeks of play, the blade has gone really soft and it feels like a wet noodle. Shot speed and responsiveness have dropped off.

Is this common with the prostock 8.0.8's? Did I get unlucky with a bad twig? Would it correct the issue to use a higher flex and as the stick breaks in, it will drop to an 85? Or are the retail versions going to be made more durable with less performance?

I understand that all sticks eventually wear down, but was a little suprised at how quickly it went.

Thanks for your comments on the 8.0.8 pro stick.

Your question is a difficult one to answer. It mostly depends on how often you play and at what level. Obviously, if you play once a week in a friendly league, the blade should last much longer than three weeks. However, if you're on the ice six days a week and play at a high level, it's possible that your blade gets a little soft.

In the end, we conduct extensive product testing for all our sticks and we haven't detected any issues with the 808 blade (retail or pro).

I hope that answers your question.

Hahaha wow.

Can't wait to see the email, "Who is this hockey1933 and why is he dogging me in that thread?"

I am with you buddy! We already got JH about a year ago! Too much fun... gotta love MSH!

I already got the PM... who is this? LOL

Honestly, I agree, it is great to have a Product Manager here, welcome Ollie! Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here.

I too am really impressed with the new Reebok Line. Cosmetically they look great, and more importantly, I have heard nothing but good things about performance. I was fortunate enough to try an early release 8.0.8, and I am a believer! I love that stick; crisp, accurate, light...

Now if you can just get one in TBLfan's hands, that will be the true test. I think he will prefer the 10K as he is a fan of the Vector 10's, but he would be an ideal tester!

Good job on the '09 line, give us some more curves and lie's, and we will be happy!