Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OllieCCM

New Reebok Stick Line

isnt the new ccm lecavalier a sakic clone?

Yes.

/
From what I understand, "bladder molding" means wrapping the carbon+fibreglass+epoxy+etc around a plastic bag to form the stick, whereas "compression molding" means wrapping the materials around a solid rod to form the stick.

If my definitions are correct, how do you reason that bladder molding is more consistent than compression molding?

My thoughts... although I am sure TBLfan and Ollie will know better...

You are correct in the molding process, but a bladder that fills the components to shape the stick will create a more consistent distribution of materials. When you use compression molding, sometimes corners are thicker; sides of the shaft are not as consistent, etc. This often occurs because the rod can become old and warn, therefore looses it's shape. There is nothing wrong with compression molding, as long as the molds are monitored and replaced frequently. However, bladders offer a consistent "mold", and can be a better result for some models/materials.

How did I do Ollie?

Since both of you seem well versed in the subject, I'll let you debate the pros and cons of bladder VS compression molding. I stand by my initial comment and will leave it at that for the moment.

Note to TBLFan - never, ever piss off your sharpener.

We can do evil things to your skates.

True that, just ask my groin the day I ate sh*t... I'm kidding, I know it wasn't your fault.

Since both of you seem well versed in the subject, I'll let you debate the pros and cons of bladder VS compression molding. I stand by my initial comment and will leave it at that for the moment.

Fair enough, Ollie. I look forward to any follow-up that you can provide.

Would you also be able to respond to my question about high-modulus carbon? Why does high-modulus carbon makes a stick lighter? Again from what I understand, a material's "modulus" refers to its ability to take stress. Is HattrickSwayze correct in saying that less material (i.e. reduced weight) can be used to give the same net (or greater) performance?

The use of the word 'modulus' is very suspicious to me due to the importance of young's modulus in materials science / mechanical engineering. So, I am guessing that this is where the term comes from. In a general sense you can think of it as stiffness. So, carbon that is more stiff would, just as the previous post suggests, allow you to get similar strength as lower modulus carbon using less material. Of course, flexibility plays an important role (brittle materials will fail suddenly and rapidly vs flexible materials that can avoid breakage by storing energy in deformation and by increasing the time over which force is applied) but I believe that is largely influenced by the epoxy / resin that is used as well.

For all intents and purposes this is pretty much just a buzzword that sounds fancy. You can pretty much just say "we use good quality materials, which, in this case happen to be carbon fiber materials". All they are really saying is their carbon fibers are strong :o

damn nice take...i remember JR saying something about CCM and nanotech or whatever...good ol' flare words ^^ oh well as long as they work ;)

Ollie, are the 10k, 8.0.8, 8k OPS and 8k replacement blades the same? Thank You.

I'm not 100% certain I understand your question. Do you mean is the blade on the 10k, 8.0.8 and 8k identical?

Fair enough, Ollie. I look forward to any follow-up that you can provide.

Would you also be able to respond to my question about high-modulus carbon? Why does high-modulus carbon makes a stick lighter? Again from what I understand, a material's "modulus" refers to its ability to take stress. Is HattrickSwayze correct in saying that less material (i.e. reduced weight) can be used to give the same net (or greater) performance?

In short, yes. We're using a high modulus (better quality) carbon that allows us to maintain durability while reducing the overall weight of the stick.

i was asking if there was any difference between the blades. Sorry if my question was confusing.

Yes, there are some differences. The 10k blade provides lightweight and stiff support while the 808 blade is made for high impact resistance. Both however are made from light carbon and use a high density foam.

All I can say is that I am very impressed with the high end 2009 line. RBK/CCM has done a tremendous job of focusing on quality....and that is not just in sticks.

The 10K, 808, and CL are vast improvements over their predecessors, in particular the 808 vs the 9K0. Once I get my custom U+ pro 2009 skates out of the way, next on my list will be an order of the CLs. Keep up the good work.

Can someone explain to me if there is an obvious difference between Rbk and CCM sticks? Specifically, what is the difference between the Rbk 10K and the CCM U? Thanks in advance.

Can someone explain to me if there is an obvious difference between Rbk and CCM sticks? Specifically, what is the difference between the Rbk 10K and the CCM U? Thanks in advance.

I don't want to get into too many details since we're discussing another brand, even if it's a sister brand. However the "obvious" differences are the 10k has a T geometry, 18" taper, Griptonite and is bladder molded. The U+ has a C geometry, 24" taper, spray grip and is compression molded. There are other differences in the blade/shaft construction and they also have a different kick point. Both are excellent sticks that provide their own performance and feel.

i have noticed that there are 3 different codes used on the pro stock A1T, A2T and A3T can you plese elaborate on those.

and again i realy would love to get a 10k retail but i don't like the pattern's... don't understand why reebok still have no draper/sakic clone just like everybody els. i realy like the H11 pattern on pro stock so for now i gues i will stick to these

i have noticed that there are 3 different codes used on the pro stock A1T, A2T and A3T can you plese elaborate on those.

and again i realy would love to get a 10k retail but i don't like the pattern's... don't understand why reebok still have no draper/sakic clone just like everybody els. i realy like the H11 pattern on pro stock so for now i gues i will stick to these

Those numbers are simply for our internal use.

Concerning the pattern, I've noted your comment.

Ollie, has Reebok considered a Gaborik clone? I been told it's an illegal curve but there are plenty of Beer Leaguers who would buy them by the bushel.

just wondering if you have considered or in the near future thought about introducing a toe curve into your retail line since with the abundance of pro stock sticks available in the market and numerous people being shown this type of curve but when they want to find something at a retail level mainly for the warranty part of it are unable to find this pattern. Since Reebok is the brand introducing newer technology with the 8.0.8 and 10K stick with different blade density foams and shaft constructions just would think this would be somewhere down there aisle and if it is produced at retail there are numerous great and elite hockey players to use as a pattern name.

just wondering if you have considered or in the near future thought about introducing a toe curve into your retail line since with the abundance of pro stock sticks available in the market and numerous people being shown this type of curve but when they want to find something at a retail level mainly for the warranty part of it are unable to find this pattern. Since Reebok is the brand introducing newer technology with the 8.0.8 and 10K stick with different blade density foams and shaft constructions just would think this would be somewhere down there aisle and if it is produced at retail there are numerous great and elite hockey players to use as a pattern name.

Do you have a specific pro curve to serve as a reference? In my mind a toe curve is completely straight and breaks at the tip of the toe creating a hook. For some other people, a toe curve breaks at the mid point similar to an old Montreal European pattern. I just want to make sure we have the same definition.

SK11 is Reebok's Sakic clone no?

I don't like to use the word clone but yes, the pro stock 11 is very close to that retail pattern.

Ollie, has Reebok considered a Gaborik clone? I been told it's an illegal curve but there are plenty of Beer Leaguers who would buy them by the bushel.

What do you think of the Bergeron curve?

Do you have a specific pro curve to serve as a reference? In my mind a toe curve is completely straight and breaks at the tip of the toe creating a hook. For some other people, a toe curve breaks at the mid point similar to an old Montreal European pattern. I just want to make sure we have the same definition.

Sorry about that, I should have clarified something like an ovechkin style curve is what I am reffering too as this is a curve I currently use but in a left shot with the pro Malkin which does go straight then the last quarter of the middle portion of the blade it starts to curl around.

I would love to see eric cole's pro curve go into production, it's a thing of beauty.

I think we're all talking about curves like 45, 46, and 50 on this chart. I would poop myself if Reebok came out with a curve like those. Ilya Kovalchuk's pro pattern is a pretty popular one around here (atleast one of the variations of it), which I could show you a picture of that one if you'd like.

kohyby45-63.jpg