Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GH_ID

Bauer Flexlite 4.0 Fit

I am in the market for a pair of skates. I wore the supreme comps in a 5EE. When I tryed these on at the store (today), the 5D size was very comfortable but my toes were a bit cramped, so I had to try the 5.5D size. The skate has great heel-lock (for those with narrow heels). I am going to go back and try them on in a few days and if all is well, I will purchase them.

Bauer rep said that the D Flexlite is equivalent to Vapor/Supreme EE. So the EE Flexlite is WIDE...like for my duck feet.

I used to have a pair of vapor 40s in 9.5EE, width-wise they were fine but needed much more volume. can anyone confirm if I would be looking at 9.5d or 9.5ee in the flexlites 4.0s?

i also have a question if anyone knows the answer but is the fit between these flexlites and missions anything alike?

Well, Missions are known to run narrow, while the flexlites are the opposite and run wiiiiiiiiiiide.

Bauer rep said that the D Flexlite is equivalent to Vapor/Supreme EE. So the EE Flexlite is WIDE...like for my duck feet.

I would just like to confirm because from my research, the ONE95 (which to my understanding is part of the Surpreme line) is a wide skate to start with. So since a Flexlite in D = ONE95 in EE, then either the Flexlite is enormously wide, or the ONE95 is just a very little bit wider than normal. Does this make sense?

So is the EE ONE95 realllllllllllllly wide or simply wide? :huh:

Thanks.

he's saying Flexlite EE is wider than Supreme EE.

If anyone could tell me if Flexlite D is definitely wider or equal to Vapor EE that would be great!

This is getting all very complex now :P

When I got my Flexlites, the Bauer rep was in the store and you basically have to have a very abnormal foot to need a EE Flexlite. I tried on a One95 EE on one foot with a D Flexlite on the other and the Flexlite was still wider

I have the flexlite 4.0 pro skates and also skate in mission for roller. the mission are way narrow compared to flexlites. I wear an 8.5-9 in mission and an 8 in the flexlites. I just converted the flexlites to roller also and i like them so much better. My heel locks in much better, my only beef is how wide the toe cap is but im sure i'll get over it.

he's saying Flexlite EE is wider than Supreme EE.

If anyone could tell me if Flexlite D is definitely wider or equal to Vapor EE that would be great!

This is getting all very complex now :P

(I can't seem to multi quote when two posts are on different pages :huh: )

When I read "...D Flexlite is equivalent to Vapor/Supreme EE", I interpret this to mean Flexlite in D = Supreme ONE95 in EE.

Now you have me confused. :lol:

good for low to very low arch? and also supreme line isnt wide enough for me..

Great for low end arch, when i was shopping around for new skates that was my main focus and it was very low.

Great for low end arch, when i was shopping around for new skates that was my main focus and it was very low.

ok, so i wont go over RBK which i people said good for low arch or flat. i tried my friend's 7k n its not comfortable at all.. so how low the arch anyway? its far lower than supreme right?

bout flexlite, is this a stiff boot like supreme too?

ok, so i wont go over RBK which i people said good for low arch or flat. i tried my friend's 7k n its not comfortable at all.. so how low the arch anyway? its far lower than supreme right?

bout flexlite, is this a stiff boot like supreme too?

Well after trying the flexlites 4.0 i found i liked the 9k's way better, overall just fit better. The arch on the flexlites was a little bit bigger then RBK's but should be alot lower then supremes. I never tried on supremes but i know they are similar to grafs and its a big difference going to 4.0.

Went in hoping to purchase the 4.0 pros today but the shop didn't have them (they are ordering them for me).

The more interesting part is that I will be in a 7.5 in flexlites after wearing a 10 in a supreme 70 in order to get enough width.

I would say wider. I had to have the outside of the forefoot punched in my RBK's... no such issues in the Flexlite.

May I ask what width you were in the 9k's? I am a E width in the 9k. I would love to have it a hair wider in forefoot below my pinky toe. These Flexlites intrigue me. What is your overall opinions on fit and stance of the flexlites vs the RBK's? Is the arch similar or higher? Does it have as much forward pitch as the RBK? What about heel width vs RBK?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to get some insight since you come from wearing a 9k like me.

Thanks!

-L

Sorry for the delay man, I was in an E width 9K. I actually got a peek at the new Bauer Flexlite 4.0 today and I have to say the toebox looks narrower than the previous Nike/Bauer Flexlite I owned... kinda bummed me out.

I also noticed Pure Hockey had the "Bauer Flexlite 4.0" and the "Flexlite 4.0 Pro" for a hundred bucks more.... I didn't see anything on the Bauer site, nor could I see any visible difference at a quick glance... anyone know what's so "Pro" about them?

I would say wider. I had to have the outside of the forefoot punched in my RBK's... no such issues in the Flexlite.

May I ask what width you were in the 9k's? I am a E width in the 9k. I would love to have it a hair wider in forefoot below my pinky toe. These Flexlites intrigue me. What is your overall opinions on fit and stance of the flexlites vs the RBK's? Is the arch similar or higher? Does it have as much forward pitch as the RBK? What about heel width vs RBK?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to get some insight since you come from wearing a 9k like me.

Thanks!

-L

Sorry for the delay man, I was in an E width 9K. I actually got a peek at the new Bauer Flexlite 4.0 today and I have to say the toebox looks narrower than the previous Nike/Bauer Flexlite I owned... kinda bummed me out.

I also noticed Pure Hockey had the "Bauer Flexlite 4.0" and the "Flexlite 4.0 Pro" for a hundred bucks more.... I didn't see anything on the Bauer site, nor could I see any visible difference at a quick glance... anyone know what's so "Pro" about them?

The pro model has a thicker felt tongue, and a full composite sole.

I treid the 4.0 and the pro on and ended up with the pro. The pro is stiffer but the tongue actually believe it or not felt thinner than the regular 4.0 tongue thats actually the reason i went with the Pros becausue I dont like the tongue to be too thick. To me the boot is much more stiff. As for the toebox being narrower compared to the old flexlite, I just tried my 12's on one foot and my Pros on another and they honestly feel and look the same.

I tried on the 4.0's today at Pure Hockey and they felt great. They seemed a little narrower in the forefoot than my 9k's, and a good amount narrower in the heel. I liked the fit much better, they're not as loose in the heel as my 9k's are.

I'll probably buy them tomorrow after I try them on one more time. Just wearing them on my feet for 20 minutes or so they felt really good. I figure they'll be perfect after I bake and skate 'em a few times.

I tried on the 4.0's today at Pure Hockey and they felt great. They seemed a little narrower in the forefoot than my 9k's, and a good amount narrower in the heel. I liked the fit much better, they're not as loose in the heel as my 9k's are.

I'll probably buy them tomorrow after I try them on one more time. Just wearing them on my feet for 20 minutes or so they felt really good. I figure they'll be perfect after I bake and skate 'em a few times.

how about the arch? is it higher or lower than 9k's? im still observing which skates that gonna fit my really low arch.. the problem with Rbk is heel.. heel lock is much better on supreme though.. its really hard when you cant find the stock but really looking for the skates..

if only i waited another week or two i could of bought the pros...no much of a big deal as i feel in love with the skates once i tried them on but i have one question for you guys...is it worth getting them baked even tho ive wore them 3 or 4 times