Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

hopefully they dont make boardplay impossible on classic controls like they did protecting the puck..

you should honestly pick up the skill stick, still using classic was ok in the first yesr but now next gen is now...

I still use the skillstick a great deal, i just cant get adjusted to the passing with the bumper buttons and what not, i like to shoot with the stick and pass and switch players with the stick, the other way is too complicated for me, i cant win games with it.

hopefully they dont make boardplay impossible on classic controls like they did protecting the puck..

you should honestly pick up the skill stick, still using classic was ok in the first yesr but now next gen is now...

I still use the skillstick a great deal, i just cant get adjusted to the passing with the bumper buttons and what not, i like to shoot with the stick and pass and switch players with the stick, the other way is too complicated for me, i cant win games with it.

Clearly you just need to be willing to put in 20-30 hours a week and master the controls. :) You just have to love the push the left analog stick forward, the right analog stick backward, pull the left trigger, while hitting the right bumper button, and pressing X with your testicles to do a little deke move on the goalie.

Clearly you just need to be willing to put in 20-30 hours a week and master the controls. :) You just have to love the push the left analog stick forward, the right analog stick backward, pull the left trigger, while hitting the right bumper button, and pressing X with your testicles to do a little deke move on the goalie.

sounds like [insert shooter name here]...

i no longer have X hrs/day for games of a particular genre let alone a specific one

the reason i like racing games is... X for gas, O for brake, stick for steering and the rest is incidental no matter what you play (PS3 wise)

i'm OK in NHL, but no superstar (or AJHL for that matter)

go go GT5

sounds like [insert shooter name here]...

i no longer have X hrs/day for games of a particular genre let alone a specific one

the reason i like racing games is... X for gas, O for brake, stick for steering and the rest is incidental no matter what you play (PS3 wise)

i'm OK in NHL, but no superstar (or AJHL for that matter)

go go GT5

not really, most games are going the R2 gas, L2 brake route these days. I may be wrong but the GT5 prologue was this way too. Ive been waiting patiently for GT5 as well (for like 4 years, lol).

The gag order on the people who got to sample NHL 10 has been lifted, so they can give out some more info about the game. One guy posted a write-up on the EA forums earlier. I would imagine there will be some previews coming out soon from what EA showed behind closed-doors at E3. Hopefully some info on what they've changed with Dynasty and Be a Pro.

This guy's write-up is nice, but makes it sound like the game's a bit buggy, and the "precision passing" sounds like it could make or break the game. Hopefully the developers are listening to complaints from people who played the game and fix the big problems.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/245040.page

EDIT: Two other previews for people to read, but there's not a lot of new info.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/995/995365p1.html

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=75

Classic controls i can whip the game on superstar mode, usually beat it about 4-5ish to 1 or 2. On default controls i cant beat it on allstar, if i do its rare and sloppy.

TSN had some footage of Ovechkin doing the stop motion stuff with the digital suit thing on. "The Celebration" will be in this game.

TSN had some footage of Ovechkin doing the stop motion stuff with the digital suit thing on. "The Celebration" will be in this game.

Are you sure that's not 2K10?

Are you sure that's not 2K10?

Yup..sorry.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=73760

New Battle for the Cup Mode: Experience the intensity of NHL playoff hockey. Play through injuries, intimidate rivals, and match lines as storylines carry across the entire series.

Build a Stanley Cup Champion: All-new GM mode lets you scout amateurs, put players on the trading block, hire staff, and earn experience points to become a legendary GM.

Battle on the Boards: Shield the puck with your body, kick-pass it to teammates, or pin your opponent against the boards with an all-new board play engine.

All-New First-Person Fighting: Change the momentum by trading blows with an NHL enforcer. Tug an opponent’s jersey to gain an advantage—before or after the whistle.

Become the Ultimate Pro: Improve your draft status by dominating the prospects game, then use new coaching tips, improved teammate AI, and detailed position instructions as you build the ultimate career.

Capture Multiple Championships: The coveted EA SPORTS Hockey League Cup is always up for grabs as new seasons start on a monthly basis online.

New Intimidation Tactics: Fore-check defenders, pressure the puck, and finish checks to force your opponent into mistakes, as players fatigue, bobble passes, and avoid collisions under threat of physical pressure.

All-New Post-Whistle Action: The action never stops! Antagonize opposing players, finish checks, retaliate for late shots on goal, draw penalties, and pick fights—all after the referee blows the whistle!

The improvements to Dynasty (GM mode?) sound awesome. I'm glad they put the trading block in there. I wonder if they made it so different staff affect your team differently? Like they have attributes like players, so they can affect your team positively or negatively. I can't wait to hear more detail about the new Be a Pro and Dynasty changes. Good find jbyun.

I'm not sure if any of you have played a game called Eastside Hockey Manager 07 or not, but some of the things you can do in that game would be awesome in NHL's dynasty mode. You can hire coaches/scouts, scout a ton of different leagues around the world, configure your practices, put people up for trade, make offers to other teams, etc, etc. It's really deep. I would imagine at some point in the next few years NHL's dynasty mode will be more like that.

The improvements to Dynasty (GM mode?) sound awesome. I'm glad they put the trading block in there. I wonder if they made it so different staff affect your team differently? Like they have attributes like players, so they can affect your team positively or negatively. I can't wait to hear more detail about the new Be a Pro and Dynasty changes. Good find jbyun.

I'm not sure if any of you have played a game called Eastside Hockey Manager 07 or not, but some of the things you can do in that game would be awesome in NHL's dynasty mode. You can hire coaches/scouts, scout a ton of different leagues around the world, configure your practices, put people up for trade, make offers to other teams, etc, etc. It's really deep. I would imagine at some point in the next few years NHL's dynasty mode will be more like that.

I agree. The first game to implement a Dynasty mode that looks close to EHM instantly wins. The only problem is getting all of the league licenses.

idk why patty kane is on the cover it should be Marty Brodeur he did break the record

ye i agree...i don't like patty kane in the first place i rather have toews if it has to be a blackhawk <_<

I agree. The first game to implement a Dynasty mode that looks close to EHM instantly wins. The only problem is getting all of the league licenses.

Yeah, they wouldn't necessarily have to have as many leagues as EHM has though. I'd be happy if they only had the current leagues in NHL 09, but with the depth of EHM. With the top Euro leagues it'd still be a pretty good spread worldwide.

It can't be worse than Head Coach by EA Sports. I can't wait for their exclusivity deal with the NFL/NFLPA ends. Maybe 2K won't screw everything up this time around and actually charge full price for a game.

Any of you guys read that they are packaging NHL 10 with 2 other games. It looks like it might come with that NHL arcade that came out a few months ago and something else. Should be kinda cool to check out how this one turns out!