Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

I don't know about you guys.. but the name of NHL '10 just sounds bad. haha Just say it a couple times out loud..

Hey guys lets go play some NHL 10..

Weirdddd.

I think NHL 2010 would sound better... like NHL Twenty-Ten? Idk, thats just my opinion.

Anyone have News on 2K10? I know 2K games are nothing like EA Games but... it'd be interesting to hear who the coverboy would be and stuff like that..

No idea. I'm out of that loop.

Those are not Ovechkin's gloves or his pattern, no yellow laces, no "dirty flop" and head waaay the crap down with no stick flex. I hate this game already.

P.S. What is fluery doing with his catcher?

I'm not being serious. but I knew people would bring it up.

Must be a new flavour of goaltending he's invented :P

I'm sure it's different when you see it in video.

ok ye i'm surprised they couldn't get ovie glove's right jeez...

and damn they still make the the tape standard...i'm waiting for a game that literally lets your customize your own stick, curve, tape everything

I don't know about you guys.. but the name of NHL '10 just sounds bad. haha Just say it a couple times out loud..

Hey guys lets go play some NHL 10..

Weirdddd.

nhl oh-ten sounds better ;)

You mean NHL 2K8?

i didn't get 2k8...the gameplay sucked so much...

you can do it in 2k8 though? didn't know that

You mean NHL 2K8?

Yes.

I collaborated on equipment for 2k8 and 2k9.

I would love to do different tape jobs. I actually want a mini-game that I can tape my stick so I don't have to do it in real life.

And we definitely need different lace colors. And more variety in visors. And take down the tint of the smoked visor so it's not black!

Don't really care for the new fighting engine, but some of the other features sounds interesting. Can't wait to get it.

Well, the league is dominated by red jerseys. Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Montreal, New Jersey, Ottawa, Phoenix (kind of) and Washington.

You mean NHL 2K8?

Yes.

I collaborated on equipment for 2k8 and 2k9.

i knew you did it..but i didn't know it went to that extent...maybe i'll pick a used 2k9 just to check it out ;)

Well, the league is dominated by red jerseys. Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Montreal, New Jersey, Ottawa, Phoenix (kind of) and Washington.

reds a very very good thing....lol my favorite colour but i a leafs fan mmm...

i noticed there's only 1 green team and like a purple team and its not even their dominant colour in the nhl

Does the 2K series have a monopoly on line chemistry? It seems like everything in BAP was just top-rated players got the top slots, even though they were putting 3 playmakers on a line. I've said this before in talking about games, but they really need to tweak those settings.

As my BAP character plays on a team more after being traded or encounters an old linemate after the coach juggles lines (which they NEVER DO) he should get a boost in passing and vision or something. And as bad as it sounds, they should have negative aspects for trading talent for depth, or bringing in a player that doesn't really suit your team's style.

More in-depth feedback other than the canned "pass the puck more" or "watch the turnovers" would be amazing. "Take the body more in the corners" or "You're playing wrecklessly, calm down and focus on your passing". Even add in small training/practice sessions once every 5 games. I played a BAP on an easier setting, getting just about every damned trophy for 3 seasons straight, winning the cup each time, and gained about 9 points overall.

I've got high hopes though.

EA used to have a chemistry rating but I can't remember which iteration had it last. It would give you a bonus for getting a good line together, generally a grinder/playmaker/sniper.

the 2k series has had the board work for a few years now and it was cool at first then got kind of annoying when it would happen at center ice. and only the 2 players involved would seem to have a shot at the puck. or maybe this was EA for the last gen consoles? or both? I remember you could push circle and start throwing 'bows and that was always fun.

EA used to have a chemistry rating but I can't remember which iteration had it last. It would give you a bonus for getting a good line together, generally a grinder/playmaker/sniper.

pretty sure that was NHL 06.

I think 07 had it last...I picked up 08 but never played it because the skill stick sucked on PS2 (or I did, hah).

We are being kind of picky though...BAP was a huge deal last year. Just hoping they continue with the innovation.