Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

NHL 2005 vs ESPN 2005

Yeah, I just picked up NHL 2005 and it is much better than NHL 2K5. THe graphics, the control, and the World Cup is awesome. A bonus is that they actually use real sticks(not ones that look like Vapr XX and Responses). The deking is still a little hard for me in both games but I am getting use to it. Overall it is great, would recomend it, if you are still pissed about the Lockout. B)

How are the goaltenders in each? I moved to ESPN because I heard it was more difficult to score. I found that they kept scoring down by keeping a D infront of the net and having the puck hit him every shot that would've gone normally gone in. Is this a problem in either of those? I think I'm going back to EA this year if the price isn't abnormally high.

I noticed the goaltenders in 2K5 are easier to score against even when I put it in All-Star, as for NHL 2005 I am still trying to figure out how to get a guaranteed goal in Medium level difficulty. I like the shots and the players in 2005 are rated some what reasonably.

Yeah, I just picked up NHL 2005 and it is much better than NHL 2K5. THe graphics, the control, and the World Cup is awesome. A bonus is that they actually use real sticks(not ones that look like Vapr XX and Responses). The deking is still a little hard for me in both games but I am getting use to it. Overall it is great, would recomend it, if you are still pissed about the Lockout. B)

2k5 has real sticks too. but least there real one-pieces in 2k5 not shafts like 2005.

Yeah, I just picked up NHL 2005 and it is much better than NHL 2K5. THe graphics, the control, and the World Cup is awesome. A bonus is that they actually use real sticks(not ones that look like Vapr XX and Responses). The deking is still a little hard for me in both games but I am getting use to it. Overall it is great, would recomend it, if you are still pissed about the Lockout.  B)

2k5 has real sticks too. but least there real one-pieces in 2k5 not shafts like 2005.

Did you see the Vapor XX and the Response Plus in NHL 2K5, it says something else. It looks really bootleg with the text on the stick.

yeah the sticks in 2k5 do look bootleged. I think the player models in 2005 (both for xbox) look amazing. They have the real skates for alot of the players along with helmets,and sticks. i picked up 2005 today and am still leaning towards 2k5 b/c it seems a little more sim. i like the new save animations in 2005 though.

ESPN is driving me insane with faceoff right in front of the goalie or at the top of the crease after a fight.

ESPN is driving me insane with faceoff right in front of the goalie or at the top of the crease after a fight.

haha really? that hasnt happened to me yet. you should just try pushing the pass button and forward, and try scoring like lemieux always does.

2k5 was great until now when the past few times i go play in franchise mode and i am in the month of november and when i go to play, the game freezes, cant do anything, i try simming past that game or even month and it still freezes

I bought 2k5 and it suffers from the same bull that every other hockey game for the last few years suffers from. For one, why are my defensemen at the point always standing just on the wrong side of the blueline so my one timer puts me offsides? Why does truning up the difficulty make my computer controlled players stop doing things they do easily on "Pro" oh like for example, actually gaining posession of a puck in the skates. Why does Brian Leetch keep getting into fights and taking penalties? Why is it that I can score 15 goals on Pro but on All-Star I get shutout. I also hate that the skate backwards and sweep the stick play always works to give the puck to the other teams trailing player and even worse if the trigger isn't pressed down enough it's the same control to hack the other player causing a penalty against. Don't get me wrong, I find the game fairly fun but these are things that every hockey game suffers from and 2k5 is not different.

The Sega/ESPN game has been better than EA since 2k3, with 2k5 being no exception. 2k3 is the first time the D started holding the blue line when you set up in the offensive zone, but for whatever reason in 2k5 they aren't. Also, I put the figh slider one click away from nothing and there are still two fights a game! And on 2k5 any level above Pro is impossible.

I am such a loser. I just realized that when you tweek the gameplay sliders that you are only doing it for the CPU, you have to toggle to then adjust the human sliders. No wonder the computer keeps catching me everytime! WTF...

I am pretty sure it wasn't like that last year...

there is a goalie amd skater advantage slider on the xbox version. The game is god awful unless you put all of the hit sliders all the way down, hitting difficulty all the way up, and the game speed all the way down. Once you do that, its actually damn good.

well, nhl 2005 is a hit fest...

if you leave it the way it is... then all you do is hit the "hit" button and if you are using chara or pronger.. NOTHING will get by you... they'll hit anything and everything... plus anything they hit will be on their ass for about 3 seconds...

all i did was turn the hit recovery all the way up...

and turn the hits all the way down... but a way to get around this (if you are playing another human) is use the bruise control.. just charge it.. and let it fly.. you'll still hit anything and everything...

i was talking to an EA programmer... he said that nhl 2005 has the most bugs in it since they released the nhl series under EA sports...

they said that they were pressured to release the game out asap.. cause sega released theirs so early.. and they had a better price...

but personally... I like the EA, game more than the sega game...

Also I was playing NHL 2005 today and when I hooked a guy from behind when they were on a 3 on 2 they received a penalty shot. That got on my nerves when it happened 3 times that game. Also when you drop your stick in 2005 why must you immediately pick it up.

turn penalty shot frequency down. Its far from perfect out of the box, the game requires a lot of AI setting tweaking to get a solid sim of hockey going.