Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

NHL 2005 vs ESPN 2005

Unless it's been posted before, am I missing something or is there no "Create A Player" in NHL 2005 for XBox? If there is and I just can't find it could someone tell me how to get it or get to it?

Unless it's been posted before, am I missing something or is there no "Create A Player" in NHL 2005 for XBox? If there is and I just can't find it could someone tell me how to get it or get to it?

There is no create a player in any version of NHL 2005, however on the PC someone released their own addon where you can create players.

does anyones 2k5 freeze on them? ive had mine for about a month, and now it just freezes in my franchise mode when i go to the next game, it just freezes when it says injuries.

does anyones 2k5 freeze on them? ive had mine for about a month, and now it just freezes in my franchise mode when i go to the next game, it just freezes when it says injuries.

Yeah. Mine does that too, it's a glitch in the game. I found a site explaining how to fix it, but it didn't work for me. For some reason the computer can't function properly when there are more than 3 injuries on a team.

that explains it. i have 12 injuries, and it only has 2 notches on the injury option. so did you just start over a new franchise? cause i dont really want to, iver perfected my roster even with all the injuries. and i dont really wanna start over.

Wow, what a crappy ass bug. Not to be harsh or anything but I don't know how they could of let that one slip through. The QA over at Kush Games need some serious help.

And it seems that your stars get injured, even when they don't play. They get injured on your days off. And its always the best players.

2005 isn't like any of its predecessors. You have to try to score like you would in real life hockey. Screens, rebounds, tips, dump ins, etc. There are no "guaranteed" goals anymore. I do agree that the hitting is a bit out of hand but it's pretty easy to get breakaways or odd-man rushes if you learn how to use the Off-puck Control effectively. A lot of people are frustrated with the game because it's so difficult. EA had lots of complaints about the game being too easy so they jacked it up this year. I guess some people just want to totally dominate and win every game of their season. I don't have a problem with it and actually enjoy the challenge. Difficult mode is still difficult for the more advanced NHL gamers... as it should be.

There are no "guaranteed" goals anymore.

errr, with the right player and good timing a wraparound has a 75 % chance of going in, guaranteed.

i think its gotta be a "stronger" player...

cause whenever i use thornton, or bertuzzi or iginla or shanny or even nash.. they seem to stuff the puck in there easy... for the wrap arounds

2005 isn't like any of its predecessors. You have to try to score like you would in real life hockey. Screens, rebounds, tips, dump ins, etc. There are no "guaranteed" goals anymore. I do agree that the hitting is a bit out of hand but it's pretty easy to get breakaways or odd-man rushes if you learn how to use the Off-puck Control effectively. A lot of people are frustrated with the game because it's so difficult. EA had lots of complaints about the game being too easy so they jacked it up this year. I guess some people just want to totally dominate and win every game of their season. I don't have a problem with it and actually enjoy the challenge. Difficult mode is still difficult for the more advanced NHL gamers... as it should be.

That's not really true man, I can easily score 5+ goals a game on the most difficult setting merely using wraparounds, even if it's a guy like Brodeur between the pipes. NHL 2005 is way too "arcade-ish" and in years past you really had to work for your goals. Also, wraparounds have pretty much completely ruined online play, it's not even fun to play online anymore because anytime you do people will just constantly do wraparounds and that's it.

Ah yes the wraparounds. EA wanted to make the new feature actually useful but I guess they went a little too aggressive with its effectiveness.

I don't know about the 5+ goals on difficult mode with wraparounds though. Are you playing with 10/15/20 min periods? On the difficulty mode, you'll most likely get your clock cleaned behind the net and the goalies are much more aware of your net position.

Hey I just picked this game up today (NHL 2005). I'm kind've fooling around with it. So far I'm really enjoying the goaltending. I went into 2 little play around 1 on 0 and 1 on 1 things, you could tell Kovalchuk was more dangerous than Ruutu and Brodeur seemed like he picked up on my habits. Its a BIG change from ESPN 2K4. I was curious as to how much people use the Bruise control, manual dekes and off-ice (I don't think thats right) control. I think it'll take alot of getting used to, but I like the features so far. It's nice to see they have gone the extra mile. I mean being able to change the WC rosters? That's awesome. Is there a Fantasy draft? How do you change lines? (can't find either in the book)

There is a fantasy draft. I think it may only be in Season mode though. You can still manually tinker with the rosters in the Roster Management screen. Manual deking and off-puck control/support are extremely valuable tools in this year's game. Because the goalies are a lot tougher this year, you really have to pick the open corners to score (if you have it set to manual shot aiming that is). Guys like Kovalchuk and Naslund should be able to create their own scoring chances but lesser talented guys will need to get lucky to be able to score on breakaways and wide open opportunities.

I'm just confused by how some people are bitching about how difficult the game is this year. People were bitching about how easy it was in the former years and now they're pissed because they can't score at will and win every game in their season. I agree that there are some kinks that have to be addressed for next year's game but they should touch the overall difficulty of the game. It just makes it that much more enjoyable to score a goal when you have to work twice as hard to score it.

Hold the left turbo + press the directional pad to change lines. I think it goes: Up is line1, down is line2, left is line3, right is line4. Line4 changes to your Hero Line in the last 5 or so minutes of the game. The option to change lines also appears whenever there is a stoppage of play.

I wish there was a fantasy draft in the Dynasty mode. I figured out the line changes after a little while, I figured it had to do with L2. I'm starting to get used to ther controls and I keep trying to work on the opeen ice control. I am getting better with it, but the manual dekes are a lost cause for me. I just can't do it well. I like the little practice mode they have. It was good for me to get oriented on it. The only real problem I have is the speed. It seems like the defensive player always has the speed advantage. Like I have Antropov catching Naslund and Mogilny was just caught by somebody slow. I like the overall gameplay. I love how its difficult to score, but not because the goalie makes every stop or the defense puts 100 people infront of the net to make stops. I'm usually a good Medium player, but have difficulties on the upper levels (I get frustrated when I have 100 shots and 0 goals), but I'm playing on easy right now to get accustomed to the controls (coming from EA) and the shot to goal ratio seems good and you can tell that the more talented players are dangerous where as Domi and others won't be as dangerous in that position

Yes, I am obviously the Leafs as well.

Ya, I had it on for a little and it was difficult, but the speed on D is the only thing thats frustrating. Although I did have to turn hacking and hooking all the way down as well as checking. Its the best game I've played though.

I've moved up onto medium now, not exactly a Video game allstar am I? anyways, I am really enjoying the game, but am frustrated with the speed of the defenders. Is their a way to change the boost in this? As well does anyone have hints for me on one on ones? I still haven't even began to use the big hit function, the open-ice control is a nice feature, I'm starting to adapt to it and use it, but I still haven't had a break-away. Any pointers on how to beat the D, help break in the bruise control? I hope everyone else is enjoying the game as much as I am, only downfall is Exams are next week :(. Either no play or no future.