Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin20

Best way to clean hockey shafts?

I clean my sticks regularly with WD-40. Removes almost all puck and stick marks, leaves my shaft looking almost brand new-which is very important.

I picked up one of those plastic scrubbing pads...they're not as scratchy as the Scotch Brite but more than a sponge. I needed to take the tape residue from some Tacki Mac grip tapes off and it did the trick with a little water.

I used a product called STARPOWER to get all the black tape residue off my Bernier ONE95. Starpower is a water based degreaser that you can use as is or dilute with water and it's environmentally friendly as well. All the tackiness is gone and I didn't damage any of the graphics. You can find it in certain paint stores.

I clean my sticks regularly with WD-40. Removes almost all puck and stick marks, leaves my shaft looking almost brand new-which is very important.

Oh? How do you do it? Just spray a little on a cloth and rub the shaft down with it?

Pretty old thread. I got a pro return S17 with this black crap also. I tried a few methods.

Rubbing alcohol & cotton swabs or a paper towel or even a rag didn't do the trick.

My friend tried cleaning his s17 that he also picked up w/me that ALSO had this tacky black glue - He used a Magic eraser and rubbing alcohol. That cleaned his shaft right up in minutes.

he basically used a rag to rub the alcohol around the area he was going to clean... let it sit for a few seconds and used the magic eraser. It worked for us... just my 2 cents.

DO NOT RUB TOO HARD WITH THE ERASER - you may take off a bit of clear coat.

Sorry to Hijack, but please dont hate on the Natty, or Keystone for that matter. how else can you get 30 beers for beer pong for 16.99?

Sorry to Hijack, but please dont hate on the Natty, or Keystone for that matter. how else can you get 30 beers for beer pong for 16.99?

and you avoid bitter beer face (brian sutter)

Wow, I feel like you're getting ripped off.

Should I not hate on the HIV positive crackwhore only charging $2 as well?

Back on topic, I have a Dolomite clear finish stick I rubbed some black tape on to add some grip, but it was way too sticky. The Goo Gone took it right off and cleaned it up like new.

Weird thing though, it's still just a little grippy, a little more than my nipple grip Dolo, even though the finish is very clean. Not sure if it was the magic eraser or scrub pad I tried before the Goo Gone, but either way it's perfect amount of grip now.

i got new reebok gloves to replace my nbh vapors. my nbh smelled so bad. how can i keep my reeboks from also getting the infamous hockey glove smell?

Properly air them out after every usage, pulling the inside lining out and airing them outside. Spray them with a proper cleaning agent like shut out or whatever its called and look after them, they will smell fine.