Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mnball19

Are Easton hockey skates any good?

er.. you're going to pay around the $600 mark for all new top-end skates, regardless of make.

if you want a top end skate and they fit you then yes, they are worth it.

note; the easton skates of the past have a bad rep for durability, this is an issue which they have apparently addressed. this is something that only time will tell however.

the new S17 is very good and will be a lo more durable then the 1st gen S15's.

I wouldnt be scared to buy them if I had too.

S15's - Great skate, horrible durability unless you had them made custom.

S17's - "Upgraded" S15, with all the durability issues fixed.

I've been using Easton skates since I've been playing hockey. You might have a hard time adjusting to the parabolic steel and the design of the holder isn't very durable so you'll probably have to buy and install a different setup. I usually wait to buy the top of the line model when the price goes down or on ebay to offset the cost of installing Tuuks on them.

Have they been fixed?

In my opinion, yes. Boots held up better so far, and I have yet to complain about the new toecap.

EDIT: Also, consider putting Tuuks on them. Easton skates + Tuuks = Money.

How do the new Easton's stack up against the Vapor X:60 from Bauer? Which skate is a better fit and is durability an issue with the Vapors?

There's no such thing as a better fit :D

How do the new Easton's stack up against the Vapor X:60 from Bauer? Which skate is a better fit and is durability an issue with the Vapors?

Whichever skate fits your foot the best is the 'better' fit. Vapor's generally don't tend to have large durability issues.

do you need 2 drill eastons 2 fit tuuks ?

I believe C+ = no but LS2 = Yes

I was able to fit a size 280 LS2 on my 2001 Easton Z-air and 2003 Z-air Comp SE, both size 9D but then I tried to put them on a 2002 Z-air size 9E and my LHS had to drill to fit the holder.

Also C+ on a 2000 or 2001 Ultra Lite Pro Size 9D

..useful info's ..thx

.......got those S 17 as well , but after skating in them twice they turne out to be too big ....the next size down took 4 weeks to be delivered .....upon trying them on the first time the area where the 3 lower lacing holes are located completely got torn apart ...and as of today I am still waiting on replacements ......fit and performance are top notch , though....

Great stuff. Hope your happy with them. I've been using Eastons for quite a while now and persoally have found they are absolutely the best fit for my feet and perform the best for me than any other make. I also have a pair of Graf 735's and have found them quite good as well but no where near as light as my Eastons. I'm still using my 1300C's and they're about two years old and the only thing wrong with them is the toe cover piece has started to wear otherwise the skate is hanging in there quite well. Durabilty,is the reason I bought the Grafs,but as previously stated I find the performance isn't as good as my 1300's. Once my 1300's bite the dust I'm going right back to Eastons provided the durability issue has been solved with the newer models. The Grafs will buy me the time to study the newer Easton models to see if their durability has actually been improved. If that happens I'll probably be able to pick up a pair of S-17's next year or the following year at half the price. Another reason I like the Easton composite skates is the fact that I personally think that, along with the Bauer Supreme 90 aand 95's, they are among some of the most protective skates on the market, and this is very important to me. I've taken a few shots off my Grafs already and had the old bees buzzing around on my foot feeling ,but luckily no severe injury. My Eastons to date have proven much more effective at absorbing the shock from stray shots off the foot.

..useful info's ..thx

.......got those S 17 as well , but after skating in them twice they turne out to be too big ....the next size down took 4 weeks to be delivered .....upon trying them on the first time the area where the 3 lower lacing holes are located completely got torn apart ...and as of today I am still waiting on replacements ......fit and performance are top notch , though....

...and the reason why they fell apart is your skates weren't the correct size. :rolleyes:

Easton offers tons of support in their skates -- sometimes too much for people. Brek in periods are often long and tough. I really liked the old Z air models -- they lasted guys at all levels forever. Newer composite skates typically break on the toe box from shot blocking -- at least from my own persoanl experience and what I've seen around the rinks.

And yes -- if you want new top of the line skates -- $600 is about the going rate...

..useful info's ..thx

...and the reason why they fell apart is your skates weren't the correct size. :rolleyes:

I think he ment that upon the first time using the smaller sized skate "the area where the 3 lower lacing holes are located completely got torn apart" not the original pair which were too big.

..useful info's ..thx

I think he ment that upon the first time using the smaller sized skate "the area where the 3 lower lacing holes are located completely got torn apart" not the original pair which were too big.

Ah, so he did. My mistake. I had a hell of a time making sense of his post the first time through.