Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sitzlejd

Saving $$$$$

That said, the problem with the Dave Ramsey philosophy is that it hurts you in the long run. A credit card, if used wisely, is a great asset. Equally, it's a part of building your credit. Starting out after high school with a low limit credit card is how you prove responsiblity to lenders. After you've established responible borrowing habits it helps a lot when you go to make your first major purchase, which is usually a car for Americans.

The thing about the Ramsey idea is that most people get onto it and already (like me) had a crapload of debt. I have Super Credit at this point, so and a mortgage so going this route won't deny me the things I'd want to have for lack of credit. I just will not pay for something with a CC.

I get your point, that credit is an essential element of Capitalism and I agree totally. My thoughts are mostly targeting how to save money by not making CC payments for things.

I also have an emergency fund, but had to build on that too like it was just another bill.

At this point of my life, the more disposable income I can generate (by not having to send it to CC companies) the more things I can do with it if I want to.

Not to mention that I also have to get 2 kids thru college at some point.

My Mercury Cougar crapped out at only 5 years and 80k miles...wouldn't recommend an American vehicle outside maybe a light to medium duty truck.

Glad I got my Nissan though, 42k miles and should last me a very long time.

My Mercury Cougar crapped out at only 5 years and 80k miles...wouldn't recommend an American vehicle outside maybe a light to medium duty truck.

Was that one of the 99-02 Cougars? I had a 00 and just got rid of it... 9 years and 130K miles.... lots of problems after about 90K though so you got lucky getting rid of it when you did.

Was that one of the 99-02 Cougars? I had a 00 and just got rid of it... 9 years and 130K miles.... lots of problems after about 90K though so you got lucky getting rid of it when you did.

We had a Cougar C2 that I traded in for my FJ. It was just under 100k and still running well. The biggest issue we had was the vapor lock problem on hot days and less than a quarter tank.

I've found that buying crystal light saves a ton of money, using tap water and powder beats buying a coke or a gatorade after hockey.