Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric42434224

Elbow pads slipping

I am having a terrible time with my elbow pads (Jofa 5044) slipping down my arms. I wear an under-armour type undr shirt with dry-fit (loose fitted).

I would rather not have to drop a lot of cash to buy fitted undergear with sticky areas. Not even sure they work.

Anyone have another way to make the elbow pads not slip?

Thanks!

I think you answered your own question. The bauer shirts with the grip work well. I had the same problem and it alleviated alot of the slipping. Either that or tighten the straps down TIGHT. But that just hurts.

sort of related but how do you stop the goddamn velcro from coming unstuck when putting a jersey on?

I am looking to see if there is another way besides buying a new grip shirt.

Is there even another way? And if the grip shirts are the only way, how well do they really work?

Two-piece elbows have a tendency to do that, short of buying new elbow pads you could try adding a third strap, similar to the Stealths or Bauer elbows that wrap your arm into the pad

but it's not doing a good enough job of helping keeping the pad on

Really. Looking for a solution, not a confirmation of my problem :)

Anyone have any other solution besides grip shirts?

Then you can try to MacGyver the third strap so it wraps more effectively.

There is nothing wrong with the elbow pad or the straps. The straps work fine, and dont want them to be pulled so tight that they become uncomfortable. They are just slipping down my arm. I appreciate the help, but I just want an effective way to prevent this that works, and has worked for other people....other than grip shirts...if there even is any other way.

I want to continue to use my dry fit shirt. The pads hurt when too tight or without s shirt underneath.

I have been using 5044s for years, and my straps are stretched out to hell, except the forearm strap (which is not elastic.) What I do is take clear tape and wind it once around, going along the forearm strap. Doesn't move one bit.

Do you unstrap them after every use? I find that once I find the perfect tightness, I slide my elbow pads off and on and they sit perfectly. Maybe your elbow pads are too big?

I have been using 5044s for years, and my straps are stretched out to hell, except the forearm strap (which is not elastic.) What I do is take clear tape and wind it once around, going along the forearm strap. Doesn't move one bit.

Thank you. I will try that.

As a short term solution I once sewed some small strips of that rubber anti-slip mat for floor rugs into an old pair of elbows I was having problems with. It worked well if you are super cheap. There is also spray on stuff you could use, but I had a heck of time finding it when I was looking.

Honestly it sounds to me like your elbow pad is a size too big. I've worn elbows that are too big before, and that's a very easy way to get them to slip.

they arent too big. They are size large, and fit great. I am over 6ft, and 215lbs, with good size arms. The problem is that they are sliding down my dri-fit shirt. If I wore them on my bare arms there would be no problem. But the straps are very un-comfy on bare arms. Just looking for a simple solution that will allow me to continue to use the pads and shirts I have, without having to buy new stuff.

I will try the tape

I have the same problem. Try the tape. It works. I'm lazy though and have just gotten tired of doing it every day so I'm considering the grip shirts.

Besides taping switching to a short sleeve would work best. I have the UA compression shirt with the non-slip areas and it works very good. Before that I had to use short sleeve because of the same problem. If you change your mind and go that route I would suggest the UA hockey specific shirt with the grip.

That's the exact one I have. It works for me. The tight fit is something you just get used to. I use to use UA short sleeve shirts, but the sweat from my arms would cause the elbow pad to slip. With the Bauer shirt it alleviates alot of the slipping. Just have to get used to the tight fit, especially if your coming from loose gear shirts. I would recommend it especially for the sale price you can get them at.

they arent too big. They are size large, and fit great. I am over 6ft, and 215lbs, with good size arms. The problem is that they are sliding down my dri-fit shirt. If I wore them on my bare arms there would be no problem. But the straps are very un-comfy on bare arms. Just looking for a simple solution that will allow me to continue to use the pads and shirts I have, without having to buy new stuff.

I will try the tape

Tape worked just fine for me until I just said screw it and used minimalist one piece elbow pads.

+1 for JR's tape remedy, it also keeps the velcro down so it doesn't stick to jersey. that, or cut the sleeves off the undershirt, elbow pads seem to slip less on bare skin. but thats just me, i still use a cotton muscle shirt for an undershirt, when i use one.