Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgaronzik

Where are all the real men?

Guest 2048
Tell the JHB we aint real men and they'll tear you a new one.

All hockey players are men, and hard ones at that

You spend far too much time on that site...

Metro, homo, hetero, whatever. You can be well dressed and be a man and be well dressed and be a wuss.

Metro, homo, hetero, whatever. You can be well dressed and be a man and be well dressed and be a wuss.

you can't say it ain't a funny site

Guest 2048

you can't say it ain't a funny site

But it's so amazingly stupid. Seriously, if you ever told a girl you wanted to tea bag her, she'd kick you in teh balls. I really wish I knew what universe these guys are living in.

Agreed. I mean the stuff is entertaining, and a lot of it is funny as hell. I just hate listening to all the guys brag about how good they are at hockey, or how many girls they bang. I doubt the validity of all of it.

Right off the bat, no homosexual comments, I know they're coming but there's a higher purpose to this thread.  :angry:

I consider hockey players to be a fairly manly group of athletes, most of us are guys' guys.  We play a rough sport, arent afraid to sweat, bleed, get hurt.  But all this talk about Metrosexual in hockey ( :cough:Vapor:cough: ) got me thinking.  How many of hockey players are still real men, because according to my girlfriend and all her friends, we're a dying breed (so much so that anytime I do something remotely 'manly', I always hear that so and so is jealous that I do that stuff and am not afraid to do that stuff).  By real men, I mean the kind of man that doesnt mind sweating, camping, drinking beer, burping, farting, getting their hands dirty, having any form of body hair at all and can change oil/a flat tire or do construction around the house.  edit: almost forgot one of the most important items, knows how to treat a woman properly.

So my question is this, what do you consider yourself to be?

Dude, i consider myself to be all of the things above. I think scars are cool, hell when my cuts are healing I scratch them to keep a scar.

I come from a family of hockey playing loggers, as well as fishermen. I too either log or commercial fish in the summer to make my cash, and love working with my hands. never hesitating to getting dirty and/or sweaty.

I hate training in health clubs, gimme old school arnold lookin gyms, with next to no machines anywhere

Buuuuuut, bearing that in mind, I am very metrosexual when I am living in the city.

I work at a high end clothing store, rarely wear clothes that aren't in season.

I' ve been known to wax the chest and arms now and again, and I take damn good care of myself. BUt my med cabinet only has the basics, no masks and shit.

So, am I a contradictory guy???

I wouldn't say i'm metro, but i'm reaaally preppy. I spurred a preppy craze in my town, but my friend and I are still the best dressers. i don't know about Gucci, Prada, etc... but I always rock dress shirts, polo collared, Izod, etc... My little sister also makes and sells belts (wuite crafty for age 11), so I have every color belt you could imagine, which matches my clothes, adding to prepiness. All i wear for shoes are reefs and birkenstocks, non metro, but i always want to look and smell nice no matter what. I guess I owe it to my dad being in very high places at clothing stores that sell these types of clothes, but the ladies love it, and i do too.

My natural state is pretty much in t-shirt, shorts, sandals and the ball cap. I'll dress appropriately for the situation, but thankfully no place I've ever worked for ever required me to wear a shirt'n tie, let alone a suit'n tie. I can pull it off, though not comfortably. Mostly it seems too much a fuss. I'm definitely not a metro.

As far as working on my own car and rennovating, I don't consider them hobbies of mine, but I can and will get my hands dirty when needed. I think camping is great fun, but I haven't gone in several years due to other priorities.

For some reason, I feel like I'm doing one of those "my name is Joe, and I am Canadian" commercials...

I don't think I'm metro at all. I guess the majority of my clothes are from Abercrombie, but some from American Eagle, Old Navy, ect. I wouldn't say that I'm really into how I look as long as I'm clean. Bottom line, I had to go to a tanning booth the other week and I hated it---sure fire way of telling if you're not metro.

Agreed. I mean the stuff is entertaining, and a lot of it is funny as hell. I just hate listening to all the guys brag about how good they are at hockey, or how many girls they bang. I doubt the validity of all of it.

Ya they brag a lot but in small places in ontario and alberta where junior hockey is the only hot spot on friday nights and a lot of drinking happens after the game, soem of theses stories are true no doubt

I've always thought of it as an inverse relationship. The more poon a guy claims he getting, the less he's actually getting in reality..

I`m a cross in between Metro and a man`s man. However, I disagree with the conecpt of this subject becasue it is very steriotypical. I mean, who says you need to drink beer, change the oil and renovate the house to be manly. Those are all hobbies, which people do cause they enjoy them, if they didn't, I think it`s extremly sad that they do them to show they are masculine. I think to be a man would mean to do the right thing, no matter what the consiqueneces. To be able to face the consequences of your actions, and not make excuses. To be sensetive and sincere when needed, and not to be cold and unimotional. To give it your all and do things for self-pleasure, not anything else, is what my interpretation of being a man. The image, we percieve is we need to burp, fart, drink beer and whats "the game" all day, because that is the image portrayed on beer commercials. And becasue some people are unable to forumualte there own opinions as to what the commercial is actually saying, they feel the neeed to cornform.

With that in mind, I feel I am slowly beoming a man as I mature. I don`t always do the right things, and I know that, however, I am able to look back and see my mistakes as I slowly learn to become one.

Ya they brag a lot but in small places in ontario and alberta where junior hockey is the only hot spot on friday nights and a lot of drinking happens after the game, soem of theses stories are true no doubt

I've played junior, and been with friends a few guys who were very highly touted.

Most stories are true.

Girls in major junior cities are just rediculous. They fall at your feet. In some cases, well, they just like being *&$%!d by hockey players. Others possibly do whatever they do in hopes of latching onto the guy, so they giver.

Some of the stories I have been told, by buddies all over, would just kill you guys. Some funny as hell, most you just shake yer head at.

It doesn't change once you leave the dub/O/Q or NCAA for greener pastures either..

I dont like to class myself as one, but I fit into most of the categorys quite well. I am a clean freak, which I guess doesnt make me manly, but I can work on cars. I am very picky about my looks and especially my clothes. I have a rather large collection of plaid shirts and beigh pants of any kind. Whenever I go out I have to make sure my hair looks good, and I dont need to shave. I also REFUSE to shower naked with anybody, so I always go home first and take a shower. I hate it but I guess i've come a long way because about half a year ago I dressed punk with my leather, spikes, mohawk and tight jeans:/

I dont like to class myself as one, but I fit into most of the categorys quite well. I am a clean freak, which I guess doesnt make me manly, but I can work on cars. I am very picky about my looks and especially my clothes. I have a rather large collection of plaid shirts and beigh pants of any kind. Whenever I go out I have to make sure my hair looks good, and I dont need to shave. I also REFUSE to shower naked with anybody, so I always go home first and take a shower. I hate it but I guess i've come a long way because about half a year ago I dressed punk with my leather, spikes, mohawk and tight jeans:/

Just curious, did all of your punk friends disown you because you stopped dressing like them, or did you stop dressing like them because you weren't friends with them or what? I'm just curious.

To give it your all and do things for self-pleasure, not anything else, is what my interpretation of being a man.

I agree about giving your best, but how does doing things for self-pleasure make you a man, or an adult for that matter? Whatever happened to responsibility and selflessness?

I take it you've never lived in a dorm?

Just curious, did all of your punk friends disown you because you stopped dressing like them, or did you stop dressing like them because you weren't friends with them or what? I'm just curious.

They didnt like the idea of me stopping but it didnt take long for them to get used to it. I just stopped because it was to hard to do and very uncomfertable.

I consider myself to be a 'man'. I still will wear nice clothes out (american eagle, w/e), oh and as for suits, only Moores for Men stores, because of custom fitting. But at home, who cares? As for building things and working on cars, in auto this year I had to literally show my teacher how to do a proper oil change, the idiot didn't know how to do it, and he's teaching AUTO for Christ's sake. I don't mind farting or burping or anything for that matter and I think you have a self-esteem poblem if you can't shower naked, come on, you all SHOULD be guys in the room, lol.