Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgaronzik

Where are all the real men?

Damn, how'd EB become linked to metros? I'd go with structure and US Male or whatever that 'mo store is. It's also a lot of how you style it together. A neckerchief or an ascot is a dead giveaway.

My buddy married a girl last summer who 'summers' in Weekapaug, RI. When you mentioned ascot, all I could think about was that wedding. It was horrible. It looked like Martha Stewart vomitted pastels over everyone who was from north of NYC.

I wear Banana Republic stuff, but that's mainly for work. I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans type of guy.

I third the Banana Republic stuff, fits good, not too expensive, looks nice. But I still only buy that stuff when its on sale usually, and you couldnt get me to buy a suit from a designer label. Not to mention the fact that I doubt my legs (or broad shoulders for that matter) could fit into a designer suit.

What about Express for Men? When I saw that on South Park, my wife and I nearly shit our panties since I wear their jeans!

I can't crack on anyone's jeans because I'll take whatever I can get my mitts on if it's the right size. Mainly Lucky and Diesels, so that's about half-fey.

I buy my suits from Boyd's. Bash away.

Boyd's, along with Brooks Brothers, go under the radar for Metro if you ask me. They are more old school if there is such a thing for suits.

I buy my suits from Boyd's.  Bash away.

Boyd's, along with Brooks Brothers, go under the radar for Metro if you ask me. They are more old school if there is such a thing for suits.

I agree, but they do carry Armani, Canali, Ermenegildo Zegna, etc. Definitely not too metro for suits, but not the manliest stuff either.

I can't crack on anyone's jeans because I'll take whatever I can get my mitts on if it's the right size. Mainly Lucky and Diesels, so that's about half-fey.

Tell me about it, my legs are tree trunks and I can never find anything that fits well.

What about Express for Men? When I saw that on South Park, my wife and I nearly shit our panties since I wear their jeans!

Yea dude Express' jeans are pieces. I used to work there so I have a bunch of their clothes, and they've all fallen apart within a few months. But their suits are the best I've ever wore.

I grew up in a fairly small town but back home is a shop that is filled with classy garb. Tons of handmade suits for decent prices.

I'm a TJ Maxx whore. I pretty much load up on all the reject Express, Kenneth Cole, and DKNY stuff that's relatively plain. Then there's the outlet malls. Actually I really like to shop. Jeez... I guess I am sorta "metero." I think I'll go buy some flannels now.

I think I classify myself as a Gentleman. Its a two prong deal I guess. I can be gentle, and I can be a man. When ladies are around, I act politely, respectable, and always honorably (no cursing, spitting, flatulance, or sexual comments).

When I am with the guys thats all out the window. Nothing like a weekend fishing trip (fly or otherwise) where there is lots of alcohol consumption, smoking cigars, and building big fires. I can hunt, fish, and camp for weeks at a time with minimal washing.

As far as clothing, I can look nice when I want (polos and a few kahkis) or usually its whatever I am comfortable in, jeans and t-shirts and sandals. I haven't purchased clothing in a big store for a long time, the only new clothing I get are frat shirts and whatever the mom sends cause she sees what I wear. :)

Theo, let me know when we are goin fishin :)

Well, me I got some pretty expensive suits for work along with custom tailored chemises but I only wear that stuff when at the office. A part of my body hair gets shaved on a reg basis.

Other than that I'm far from beeing a metro. I don't care too much about my outfit, I am childish, I fart, I burb, I swear, I like manual labor (have been earning money during my earlier years working mechanics over the summer), I love tons of beer. Right now, few months before my final exams, I only get to the office once a week (Thursdays), and that is the only day in the week I shave my face. So in the end, I am not metro.

Here in Germany (Cologne in particular is the gays' capital in Europe) gays have gone into public aggressively and I feel it is starting to be too much. Hetero men start to behave and dress and speak like gays. It isn't funny anymore. One of my best (hetero) friends from Paris told me a few weeks ago: "There comes the time when you don't have to excuse for behaving like a gay, but you'll have to excuse for NOT behaving like a gay. Normal men will be seen as abnormal creatures." If that happens, I'm out to start a revolution.

But their suits are the best I've ever wore.

Best youve ever worn? Ive had an express suit before, one of the worst I have personaly worn

yeah...the humidity is a bit of a pain in the butt. But I promise you I could put you on top of some of the biggest largemouth bass or mud catfish you could ever hope for. My personal best LM bass is 7 lbs.

this summer I will be hopefully spending a week in KY doing a bit of trout fishin...can't wait

With all these damn marriages lately, it is becoming un-natural or disgusting.

In Oregan they banned all Marriages until this spectacle is over.

C'mon... homosexuality has been around for thousands of years. And in some cultures/societies was widely open and accepted as normal.

I couldn't care less one way or the other what other people do. I find it funny that all of the problems are coming from taking a church related activity (marriage) and making it a legal status. oops

With all these damn marriages lately, it is becoming un-natural or disgusting.

In Oregan they banned all Marriages until this spectacle is over.

Thats so bizarre... one of the two counties that "legalized it" is probably the most conservative, cowboy-ish places I've ever been to.

Just going to clothing for a minute. Im about Vapors age probably and I can say I am definetly not like him clothing wise. I have one suit, needed it for funerals and that. Its not designer or anything, just the best fitting suit. Along with some classy shoes that I got for 30 bucks. Casually I wear jeans, brand doesnt matter as long as they fit. And a t-shirt. Sometimes the odd sleeveless shirt. Dont really care how I look as long is its half assed presentable. If Im in a situation where I should act respectable, I do. Any other time Im just myself, where fun is the main issue. I like manual labour, fishing, camping, hiking and all that. Id say Im the average non metro type of guy. I guess that could be different if I was better off and had money, but untill then Ill be sporting the t's and jeans. Oh, and to add Im looking to go to the army, which should add to my non metro-ness.