Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

The B's have some cap issues, I believe, so they would be hard pressed to turn the pick into anyone who would be worth it. Their best bet is to hope one of those top two kids makes an instant impact.

Well, they'll have at least three season to do that once he's signed so if they're as good as everyone says they [hall, seguin] are then I can't see them not making an impact. I'd be more worried of them getting Hall and having it be another Kessel situation (although more and more I think a lot of the animosity had to do with off ice attitudes.)

They still might end up with the third pick, although the final Central Scouting rankings suggests number three might not be that bad, either. They said that Brett Connolly might have been in the same conversation with Hall and Seguin if he had been healthy all season; on the other hand, they have no idea how lingering his groin injuries will be.

There's an interesting sidebar where they discussed which NHL player that each prospect reminded them of.

The top three were:

1. Tyler Seguin, C -- Steve Yzerman (retired)

2. Taylor Hall, LW -- Zach Parise, Devils

3. Brett Connolly, RW -- Peter Forsberg (Sweden)

Seeing the comparisons, I think the B's would do better getting either Hall or Connolly. Center is the one area (as long as everyone is healthy) where the B's are well set up. Hall would be the first choice since goals are at a premium right now with the B's but having a Forsberg-like guy on the wing, perhaps alongside Bergeron, would be nice. Heck, if the B's end up holding the 2nd pick after the lottery then it might not be a bad idea to trade down to the three spot.

Caught a blurb last night from one of the guys in central scouting that said guys into the teens could compete for NHL jobs next year and players from the third round this year will be playing within a couple years. Funny how what was reputed to be a weak draft is now one of the deepest in recent memory according to him.

Was he just off his rocker or do you really feel this is true? I know a guy like Jordan Weal who is ranked 30th is a dominant force in the WHL (points wise) and holds some Major Midget records out here but he's something like 5'8 - not exactly a strong force for the NHL one would think. I guess only time will tell though.

Was he just off his rocker or do you really feel this is true? I know a guy like Jordan Weal who is ranked 30th is a dominant force in the WHL (points wise) and holds some Major Midget records out here but he's something like 5'8 - not exactly a strong force for the NHL one would think. I guess only time will tell though.

I haven't seen many of these guys play, so I can't speak with any authority on the issue. The draft is often a crapshoot and further development depends on the player and the team that drafts him, so nothing is a sure thing. That said, I have to believe someone that does it for a living when he is talking about the talent level overall and not just one player here or there.

Tons of talk around Boston radio on the booing of Dennis Wideman. I was surprised to hear it so much watching last night's game but I can't say it wasn't somewhat deserved. If his coach and the media calling him out didn't do the trick then maybe hearing it from the fans finally will. He seemed to have a much better game after another dreadful giveaway that wound up in the back of the net. Hunwick has also looked much better the last 2 games. I don't know what his problem was most of the season but he looked timid most of the time out there.

Tons of talk around Boston radio on the booing of Dennis Wideman. I was surprised to hear it so much watching last night's game but I can't say it wasn't somewhat deserved. If his coach and the media calling him out didn't do the trick then maybe hearing it from the fans finally will. He seemed to have a much better game after another dreadful giveaway that wound up in the back of the net. Hunwick has also looked much better the last 2 games. I don't know what his problem was most of the season but he looked timid most of the time out there.

The coaches should have taken ice time away from Wideman earlier in the season. I would have much rather of seen McQuaid in there at times this year than Wideman. He seems to lose every race to loose pucks & has had too many giveaways this year.

Hunwick came on strong at the end of last year as well. hopefully he continue to play well.

Unfortunately unless someone can find the back of the net in the playoffs. It will be four & out.

The coaches should have taken ice time away from Wideman earlier in the season. I would have much rather of seen McQuaid in there at times this year than Wideman. He seems to lose every race to loose pucks & has had too many giveaways this year.

Hunwick came on strong at the end of last year as well. hopefully he continue to play well.

Unfortunately unless someone can find the back of the net in the playoffs. It will be four & out.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="447" height="276">

I've seen that. I could only imagine the fan reaction if that happened this year.

I heard a funny story about McQuaid during a Bruins game last week.

He sustained a concussion earlier this year. In a hotel during the night He got up & tripped over his equipment bag. :lol: