Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Rangers 2009-2010

Lots of kids playing well, they could be very interesting as the season moves along.

Gilroy reminds me of a certain former Ranger defenseman that is being inducted into the HHOF this year. He joins the rush as well as any denenseman in the league.

I'm really liking Gilroy but I'd wait a bit before comparing him to a certain Rangers HOFer.

I remember watching him when he was younger. I'm not saying they're the same, but I see some similarities.

I'm happy to see that we are getting our money's worth with Dubinsky. Still waiting for Gaborik to earn his, but the season is still young.

I'm happy to see that we are getting our money's worth with Dubinsky. Still waiting for Gaborik to earn his, but the season is still young.

4 points in the first 3 games isn't earning anything to you?

4 points in the first 3 games isn't earning anything to you?

No it's not.

Things will change though, I'm sure he will put up points, but in NY, we want our money players to score money points. I'm looking for Datsyuk performance considering he's getting paid more.

Things will change though, I'm sure he will put up points, but in NY, we want our money players to score money points. I'm looking for Datsyuk performance considering he's getting paid more.

Anyone that expects that is just looking for a reason to hate the guy. He's a scoring winger, not a two way center. I'm all for having high expectations of a big money free agent, but that is just asinine. High expectations would be a Bure-like season out of him.

I see you don't know much about hockey or about the NY Rangers. This guy is going to put up more points in half a season then any of the Rangers did all last year.

Money worth from Dubi we have practically robbed the kid. It is just going to be all that tougher to resign him in 2 years now

I see you don't know much about hockey or about the NY Rangers. This guy is going to put up more points in half a season then any of the Rangers did all last year.

Money worth from Dubi we have practically robbed the kid. It is just going to be all that tougher to resign him in 2 years now

That's what the second contract for most NHL players should be, not the $5M+ that a lot of the guys have been getting.

I love Dubi, but I totally agree with you. He got a fair deal. He wasn't a top draft pick and he didn't put up any crazy numbers in his career, not to mention he was coming off a real weak season. At a certain point you need to rely on more than "potential". He has a ton of that and if he wants his money in two years he better realize his potential in these next two years.

How can any Ranger fan not like Gaborik. He's electric. If he plays 75 games that's 45+ goals guaranteed. I loved him when he was drafted, It was him and Heatley that were 1 and 2 skaters taken that year. I loved him on the wild/minus his 5 goal game vs. the Rangers. I'm happy he's here. When he's healthy, he's the 8th best scorer in the NHL.

I'm starting to become CAUTIOUSLY optimistic about this club this year. They are showing some heart. Even Redden has picked his game up and isn't the embarrasment he was last season.

As for Roszival... eh. I still think they should have kept Orr instead of signing Booshear.

How ridiculous was Gaborik's release on that 4th goal? That was unreal.

On an unrelated note: Why can't I get the HD feed for MSG but I can get the regular feed on Center Ice (DirecTV)?

That was a ridiculous shot. I couldn't believe the Kings announcers saying that "In this league, you HAVE to stop that." .....what? Did you SEE that shot? His release on the slow motion replay was quicker than most peoples in regular speed.

On an unrelated note: Why can't I get the HD feed for MSG but I can get the regular feed on Center Ice (DirecTV)?

That was a ridiculous shot. I couldn't believe the Kings announcers saying that "In this league, you HAVE to stop that." .....what? Did you SEE that shot? His release on the slow motion replay was quicker than most peoples in regular speed.

Quick release or not, he was out by the boards and there wasn't any screen. Ten to fifteen years ago, you would see those goals every game. Now, NHL goalies stop those shots.

looks like the rangers finally made a good signing with gaborik? (if he stays healthy - which is a BIG if)

its a lot better than what they have been doing for years which is signing overpaid stars that are past their prime

Quick release or not, he was out by the boards and there wasn't any screen. Ten to fifteen years ago, you would see those goals every game. Now, NHL goalies stop those shots.

Yeah, but with a release like that, and going upstairs, goalies nowadays don't stop all of those. Look at the majority of Ovechkin's goals. Quick release, upstairs in a hurry. If it's right over the shoulder where they can't easily glove it, percentages are higher. Case in point, Ovechkin's goal for the hatty against Fleury in the playoffs. It was through Gonchar's legs, but he was farther out than Gaborik.