Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mx_freak28

Bauer XXX Skates

The other day the bauer rep cam into the store and borught a XXX Skate...all i have to say is that they were very sweet...and that they have umporoved with the TUKK holder using the new lightspeed 2 holder rather then the lightsped on the XX wich they had problems with....i would have to say that they are lighter then the synergy skate and they are suppose to be out sometim after january

so you try or saw in person the synergy skate????how do they are in term of height??

and if the XXX is even lighter...men that most be really light with some t'blade on!!!do they are ''really''lighter then the top of line actual skate(vector pro...vector ZG130...vapor XX...nike v12....graf 735) ??

wow. I hope our rep comes in with it, so give us more specs....liner? outsole? etc.

THANKS!

There are some great pictures from virtually every angle of the XXXs from maybe a month ago on the board somewhere - search, and you'll find them. The liner, tongue, outsole, and holders were all very clearly visible.

and if the XXX is even lighter...men that most be really light with some t'blade on!!!do they are ''really''lighter then the top of line actual skate(....graf 735) ??

Grafs are kinda clunky. The old Vapor 10s felt lighter than any of the Grafs that I have tried on (735s and G35s). I really don't think weight should be the determining factor in buying a pair of skates, anyways. You may say I am being somewhat hypocritical, since I have been in the XXs since their release; but they are as close to a perfect fit for my foot as I have found in a skate. Hell, they are more comfortable then the Nike Shox running shoes on my feet right now. Not only that, but I absolutely love the way they break down around my foot. I couldn't make a more perfect skate for myself. The fact that they are some of the lightest skates on the market is just a huge bonus.

I doubt there are too many guys on the board that are overwhelmingly interested in the XXXs after their trials with the XXs. Alot of guys just didn't like the fit of the skate. Personally, I like wearing my XXs around the house; kinda like slippers. They fit my foot that well.

wow. I hope our rep comes in with it, so give us more specs....liner? outsole? etc.

THANKS!

There are some great pictures from virtually every angle of the XXXs from maybe a month ago on the board somewhere - search, and you'll find them. The liner, tongue, outsole, and holders were all very clearly visible.

yep, i remember those from the WC arena...

so, is it noticably lighter?

oh, also, is it black that it fades into in the back or like a graphite purpleish color? The pictures were a little confusing...

thanks

oh, also, is it black that it fades into in the back or like a graphite purpleish color? The pictures were a little confusing...

thanks

The colour will vary depending on the brand of camera he/she used to take the photos with and your current monitor gamma specs. Example, have you ever noticed when you look at gear on the net for the first time and then in person it looks different? Thats because everything (and everyone for that mater) has a differnt colour view variation. Point is don't be suprised that the skates look WAYYYY different in person when you see than rather than the pics on the net.

and if the XXX is even lighter...men that most be really light with some t'blade on!!!do they are ''really''lighter then the top of line actual skate(....graf 735) ??

Grafs are kinda clunky. The old Vapor 10s felt lighter than any of the Grafs that I have tried on (735s and G35s). I really don't think weight should be the determining factor in buying a pair of skates, anyways. You may say I am being somewhat hypocritical, since I have been in the XXs since their release; but they are as close to a perfect fit for my foot as I have found in a skate. Hell, they are more comfortable then the Nike Shox running shoes on my feet right now. Not only that, but I absolutely love the way they break down around my foot. I couldn't make a more perfect skate for myself. The fact that they are some of the lightest skates on the market is just a huge bonus.

I doubt there are too many guys on the board that are overwhelmingly interested in the XXXs after their trials with the XXs. Alot of guys just didn't like the fit of the skate. Personally, I like wearing my XXs around the house; kinda like slippers. They fit my foot that well.

to me, the graf 735/g35's are heavier and clunkier than the rest of their models. i find my 703's to be like a feather, while my friends 735's (with cobras, not t-blades) are like dumptrucks on ur feet...although they are size 13 or sumthing crazy like that

thanks

The colour will vary depending on the brand of camera he/she used to take the photos with and your current monitor gamma specs. Example, have you ever noticed when you look at gear on the net for the first time and then in person it looks different? Thats because everything (and everyone for that mater) has a differnt colour view variation. Point is don't be suprised that the skates look WAYYYY different in person when you see than rather than the pics on the net.

That's why i'm asking him :D

A guy I know has skated graf his whole life and gave the Vapor XXX a shot (he plays in the WHL...jerk) he told me the following about the skate "the best skate I have ever worn. I dont think I will ever change back."

Vector Pro 820g, Vector ZG120 780g, Vapor XX ~810g, Synergy 810g.

That's with the insoles in. Without, the Synergy becomes much lighter, down to 760g.

a insole can height 50 gram????that 6,1% of the total height(well that not dramatik...but when your talking about grams in hockey business (ops)is like 5 gram is super important!!)

mssequin,but these stats are for which size of skates??and where did you get them??(i never found a website showing spec (grams) of skate)

do you know for the vector zg 130??