Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slacker76

Penguins 2009-2010

As long as he's smart about it and eases up when it starts to bother him and skip a game or two rather than play and play until he has to miss weeks or months because of a surgery or something he should be able to last quite awhile.

That's great as long as it doesn't happen at the Olympics or during the playoffs.

true, he's got a lot of hockey left this year.

I wonder if he might have a similar situation to what Gabby had, a messed up labrum which ends up stressing the groin as it compensates for the deficiency in the labrum (major core supporter I believe).

apparently it happens mostly to athletes that overtrain... and as we might all know, both gaborik and crosby are chronic gym-rats.

As long as he's smart about it and eases up when it starts to bother him and skip a game or two rather than play and play until he has to miss weeks or months because of a surgery or something he should be able to last quite awhile.

That's great as long as it doesn't happen at the Olympics or during the playoffs.

Olympics sure, playoffs... I would venture a guess that the Penguins will be in a good enough spot to rest some key guys up prior to the post season. As was stated earlier in the year rest throughout the year is key for these guys. Groins will always affect NHL players and the compressed schedule doesnt really help anyone injury wise. Hopefully its more precautionary than anything and he'll return in a game or two. At any rate, Geno is healthy soooo and almost all the defense is back so things are still looking better than they did a week or two ago :D

Olympics sure, playoffs... I would venture a guess that the Penguins will be in a good enough spot to rest some key guys up prior to the post season. As was stated earlier in the year rest throughout the year is key for these guys. Groins will always affect NHL players and the compressed schedule doesnt really help anyone injury wise. Hopefully its more precautionary than anything and he'll return in a game or two. At any rate, Geno is healthy soooo and almost all the defense is back so things are still looking better than they did a week or two ago :D

Having two true superstars makes it easier to weather the loss of one for a few games.

Well if Cooke got two games for that hit on Anisimov then Keith's getting at least that for his elbow on Cooke just now.

Well I figure since the player who was hit just had the ole suspension spotlight on him it would be easier to suspend someone after a cheapshot on him.

Well I figure since the player who was hit just had the ole suspension spotlight on him it would be easier to suspend someone after a cheapshot on him.

Considering how many time Cooke should have been suspended (and wasn't) over the last decade, I really have a hard time feeling bad for him.

EH, he got suspended for it, so it doesn't matter whether he deserved it or not. But, if that hit was suspendable then what Keith did is definitely a suspension. Especially since in the replay it was pretty obvious that Keith saw him bent over and just flew in from just inside the blue line to elbow him.

Then Keith both won't fight and tries to dive after Cooke face washes him. This game is going to be fun.

EH, he got suspended for it, so it doesn't matter whether he deserved it or not. But, if that hit was suspendable then what Keith did is definitely a suspension. Especially since in the replay it was pretty obvious that Keith saw him bent over and just flew in from just inside the blue line to elbow him.

Then Keith both won't fight and tries to dive after Cooke face washes him. This game is going to be fun.

Sounds like exactly the stuff that Cooke does on a regular basis. I'm not defending Keith by the way, just saying that Cooke has been the kind of guy that hits and runs for his entire career.

Cooke does, that's hit job, I hate players like him on other teams. I just think this is a suspension 'cause of the entire situation, not just the elbow. It looked pretty calculated on Keith's part.

Saw the hit on NHL on the fly but it wasn't a good angle. If the initial point of contact was to the head, he should be suspended. Even though it was against Cooke.

Well if Cooke got two games for that hit on Anisimov then Keith's getting at least that for his elbow on Cooke just now.

exactly what i said when that hit happened. Atleast Anisimov had just got rid of the puck. Cooke was just standing there watching basically.

Cooke takes a run at Keith at one end of the ice and Keith takes a run at Cooke on the next rush. What's the problem?

That's hockey people. What Cooke did (charging Keith) was filthy and Keith repaid the favor by blind-siding him. IMO; Cooke initiated everything and got exactly what was coming to him. There will be no suspension and there shouldn't be. This is the ebb-and-flow of a ruthless game and the immediate calls for 'suspension' is a f'n joke. Keep your damn head up and when you take a run at someone, you should expect a response of equal or greater consequence. This is how hockey is played and should be played. Eye for an eye...and everything else.

About fighting; Duncan Keith is Chicago's #1 D-man and is in the top 3 in ice time:game among all NHLers. There's no reason for him to fight and sit in the sin bin for 5min just b/c a grinder asks you 'to dance'. That may be Iginla's schtick...but he can keep it.

Cooke finishes a shoulder check from the side so it's OK for Keith to elbow him in the head?

Cooke runs Duncan Keith right where it says "KEITH" on the back of the jersey. Keith runs Cooke on the opposite side of the ice and kept his arm down. There was no elbow.

If you want to see elbowing, cross-checking, and 'intent to injure' -> rewind your DVR to Malkin's penalty

or watch this nifty video;

Cooke got exactly what he deserved while Malkin should have had a double minor at the minimum.

When a guy's bent over your arm doesn't need to come up to elbow him in the head. And the Malkin penalty LOL. Fraser went to the Keith school of diving.

Cooke takes a run at Keith at one end of the ice and Keith takes a run at Cooke on the next rush. What's the problem?

That's hockey people. What Cooke did (charging Keith) was filthy and Keith repaid the favor by blind-siding him. IMO; Cooke initiated everything and got exactly what was coming to him. There will be no suspension and there shouldn't be. This is the ebb-and-flow of a ruthless game and the immediate calls for 'suspension' is a f'n joke. Keep your damn head up and when you take a run at someone, you should expect a response of equal or greater consequence. This is how hockey is played and should be played. Eye for an eye...and everything else.

About fighting; Duncan Keith is Chicago's #1 D-man and is in the top 3 in ice time:game among all NHLers. There's no reason for him to fight and sit in the sin bin for 5min just b/c a grinder asks you 'to dance'. That may be Iginla's schtick...but he can keep it.

If Keith has the nuts to run someone he should have the nuts to step up to the plate when he's challeneged. You said it yourself, if you run someone, be ready for the response of equal or greater consequence. Keith pussed out plain and simple. Dirty headshot hit. Same exact thing Cooke just got suspended for. Cooke could have done much more damage to Keith in that position if he had chose to. In my opinion, which I'm sure is different than yours, Cooke let keith off pretty easy. He easily could've really plastered Keith if he wanted to. I don't care who you are or who you root for, if you don't think Keith gave him a headshot something is wrong.

edit.

Dirty headshot hit. Same exact thing Cooke just got suspended for. Cooke could have done much more damage to Keith in that position if he had chose to. In my opinion, which I'm sure is different than yours, Cooke let keith off pretty easy. He easily could've really plastered Keith if he wanted to. I don't care who you are or who you root for, if you don't think Keith gave him a headshot something is wrong.

edit.

I have yet to see an angle that shows direct head contact. Despite rain man and his "to the head, to the head, definitely to the head" comments, there is no definitive angle that I've seen so far. As I've said before, if it was a headshot, Keith should be suspended. I just haven't seen an angle that shows the point of contact.

This is the best I can do without the reverse angle. What really makes me think the hit is dirty is look at where the puck is. Kane has control of the puck along the boards on the other side of the ref while Cooke was/is kinda standing there waiting for the puck to pop out. He's not even really in the play. Its not as if the puck is on his stick or he had just got rid of the puck. I think the reason so many Pens fans are upset about the hit is because Cooke as you know just got suspended for a head shot to Anisimov, and he HAD just gotten rid of the puck as he cut through the middle of the ice when Cooke hit him.

duncankeith.jpg

Of course, its been a few days and nothing disciplinary is going to happen so its pretty much over and done with now, however I think Cooke had a right to be questioning a hit like that. Thankfully neither he nor Keith was hurt on either play. The game was kinda chippy and 'playoff atmosphere' from the first puck drop which was awesome. Too bad it wasn't a home and home or game 1 of a series.. maybe later ;)

Anybody else think that if it was another Pens player we'd be Keith sitting for a game or so? Being someone thats had to stop playing a sport because of concussions I never want to see someone take a shot to the head like that but do you think Keith wasn't suspended to teach Cooke a little lesson?

This is the best I can do without the reverse angle. What really makes me think the hit is dirty is look at where the puck is. Kane has control of the puck along the boards on the other side of the ref while Cooke was/is kinda standing there waiting for the puck to pop out. He's not even really in the play. Its not as if the puck is on his stick or he had just got rid of the puck. I think the reason so many Pens fans are upset about the hit is because Cooke as you know just got suspended for a head shot to Anisimov, and he HAD just gotten rid of the puck as he cut through the middle of the ice when Cooke hit him.

Of course, its been a few days and nothing disciplinary is going to happen so its pretty much over and done with now, however I think Cooke had a right to be questioning a hit like that. Thankfully neither he nor Keith was hurt on either play. The game was kinda chippy and 'playoff atmosphere' from the first puck drop which was awesome. Too bad it wasn't a home and home or game 1 of a series.. maybe later ;)

I'm not saying it was a clean or legit hit, I agree with what you say about it obviously being payback and a hit away from the puck. Unfortunately there just isn't a good view of the hit that can confirm the hit one way or another.

The Puckdaddy blog has a couple of angles on it

Almost half way down the page. I don't know how that cannot be a suspension, apart from the fact that it's on Cooke, who has a reputation (who I loved as a cap, I'm not saying that should justify not suspending him)

Also, Cooke got up quick, and again, the league generally shows that they only punish results, not intent.

But this was a blindside headshot, in retribution which, when it happens away from the puck has to be considered intent to injure.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,207110

As always, the fucknuts in the league offices don't have even the slightest modicum of consistency. That should be a suspension, for 2-5 games I think (more like 2 if it's a first offence) but definitely a suspension