Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slacker76

Penguins 2009-2010

I'd give a leg to get pens season tickets.. That being said, do you really think parking/traffic is going to be any better with the new arena? Its pittsburgh! Noone knows where to go or how to get home, too confusing to most :) Everything else should be super upgraded though, but I still love the igloo! I wish they'd have done something with the Consol arena to keep that 'igloo' type of flavor going, but I guess new team new history or some such thing.

The smart thing for traffic flow would have been to put the arena next to the football stadium and ballpark. Then again, there wasn't much other interest in developing where they are/will be.

i think my favorite thing i have heard about the new arena is that the new igloo club will have glass that you can see the players walk out on to the ice by - kinda like edmonton.

Yes it was. Cuts to the forehead area usually bleed quite a bit. Looked like it was kinda bridge-of-the-nose level in the replay. I really hope it wasn't one of his eyes. That could be a career-ending injury.

It makes me sad when a team with the firepower of the Pens gets shutout..ugh. And to be the footnote on Martin Broduers ass for the very long future sucks too. :angry:

Where was Aleksey "The Devil Killer" Morozov when ya needed him?? :)

What a freaking game..8-1 so far..Pens gave up 40 shots so far and only let in one..wow.

Oh malkin gets a hatty on free hat night...second time they've done hat night..second hatty..lol

im happy for them but i dont understand how they get shutout by new jersey and then put up 8 the next night with seemingly little effort. did they just have a crappy game against nj or did they not try?

Hard to say, I mean they put 35 shots on Brodeur... NJ had a gameplan and was ready no doubt for the game.. Pitt put up the shots, had one or two gone in early to give some momentum there may have been a completely different outcome.

Last night I had to listen to the radio of the game and watch some clips from On the Fly when I got home but it seemed to me like there was action at both ends.. Kinda sounded like mostly goaltending issues from OTT and Fleury playing stellar for the Pens.. 23 saves in the first period.

Thats why I said I get so mad when they get shutout..

im happy for them but i dont understand how they get shutout by new jersey and then put up 8 the next night with seemingly little effort. did they just have a crappy game against nj or did they not try?

It happens. Ottowa gave them a lot of opportunities off the rush last night, you don't get to skate like that against NJ.

Looking over rosters for UFAs and just noticed that only Orpik and Goligoski are signed through next year. Letang is RFA and everyone else is UFA.

From CBC-

15. Ray Shero’s big decision: 36-year-old UFA Sergei Gonchar for three/four years at $15-$20 million US, or 23-year-old RFA Kris Letang at $3-$4 million US per. Gonchar is such a huge part of the locker room, but at that price, Pittsburgh may have to say goodbye.

16. In 2010-11, Penguins have $41 million committed to 13 players. Then, it’s $36 million for seven in 2011-12, and $30 million US for just five guys in 2012-13. Those five guys: Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Orpik and Fleury. Critical pieces, absolutely. But, how many more big salaries can you carry, since Gonchar wouldn’t come off the cap as an over-35 contract?

Going to have to say goodbye to Gonchar if he doesnt ease up on term or price. At his age, he undoubtedly knows he only has a few more chances for another Cup so hopefully he'll make a deal to stay with the Pens and have a good chance. If he isn't flexible, I hate to see him go but Letang is the priority for the future.

Luca Caputi will be ready for the big time and be cheap. Engelland and Lovejoy both played admirably in their sniffs this year with all the injuries so shortly they will be cheap Defensemen as well.

It will be interesting as obviously there could be alot of turnover in the roster in the upcoming years, but I'll take the big 5 locked up and take my chances with filling in the holes from within or bargain free agent signings (Jay McKee, steal of the off season)

For next year and beyond, big UFAs

Guerin (one more year or retirement, certainly no raise)

Letang (multiple years, big raise)

Fedotenko (with the season hes got going so far, no raise)

Cooke (No raise)

Eaton (slight raise)

Mckee (moderate raise)

Skoula (no raise)

Lovejoy (2 way? )

Engellend (2 way?)

Johnson (?)

Kunitz salary goes up 200k, Staals stays the same, Fleurys goes up 2 million..Everyone else has pretty small increases. If they dump Gonchar, sign Letang for 3 mil and factor in Fleurys raise, they still have some cash to spend if the cap doesnt shrink a ton. Lovejoy and Engellend should be nice and cheap to resign and be serviceable. But I dont know shit but thats my speculation from the couch ;)

CBC reporting (between games on HNIC) that medical personel were called to the Pens Dressing Room (or Coaches Room, I can't recall how they said it) after the game tonight. Not a whole lot of details...and Bylsma had no comment on what happened.

Anyone heard anything else?

Ive checked around and can't find anything really

NOTES: Paramedics were called to the Pittsburgh coaches room shortly after the game. Bylsma said "No" when asked if there was any problems. A team spokeswoman declined comment

They play today at 5 so maybe we'll find out during tonights game..

Assistant Coach Mike Yeo was apparantly pretty sick and will not be behind the bench for tonights game against Florida Panthers..

Heres a link http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...vid=DL|PIT|home

“He wasn’t feeling well during the game,” Bylsma said. “We had him checked out by doctors. The tests were fine after the game. Again this morning, he was not feeling well after waking up and doing some work. We sent him to the hospital for preliminary tests. Those results are normal.

“He wanted coach in the game but we thought it was important to continue to be monitored by doctors. We expect him to be released (Monday) morning from the hospital here and have him return to Pittsburgh then.”

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...=rss&feed=8

Gonchar likely to return tonight. Hope to see a good battle tonight, I hope the Pens bring their game tonight cause you can bet Philly will want to avenge the 2 losses we dished them in December..

With the impact that Gonchar has seemed to have on the Penguins success over the past 2 seasons, it's going to be hard to let him go at the end of the season. He was a huge part of helping the team turn around and win the cup last year, and they have struggled in his absence this season. Hopefully he wants to stay, cause he'll have to take a pay cut.