Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speedz98

Zach Parise's Curve

I read that he had like a heel curve but then how does he have that ridiculous backhand that I've seen on some of his past shootout attempts from last season?

I'm also looking for information on this guy, he's my favorite player.

Also, interesting note, on thursdays game against the rangers he was using back to using an S17 from the s19 he started the season (and preseason) with.

Anyone know anything?

http://patterndb.org/main.php?g2_itemId=6060

Not sure how recent this is or if he has changed curves since.

I see that it has Zach's name no it.. but it's a warrior stick. He's all about easton. Is it like a pro-return??

how the f do you use that curve :blink:

Prob have to shoot right on the heel and roll your wrists more to keep it from flying over the glass. It's like an exaggerated Drury.

pretty much 75%+ NHLers use that kind of curve. Once you get used to it I can tell you, you won't go back to any other curve. Backhands gets easier on that curve as well.

One other thing to mention is that more and more nhlers are doing less full wrist shots, but rather snap shots or wristers with full snap motions. That heel curve is very good for that kind of shot.

pretty much 75%+ NHLers use that kind of curve. Once you get used to it I can tell you, you won't go back to any other curve. Backhands gets easier on that curve as well.

One other thing to mention is that more and more nhlers are doing less full wrist shots, but rather snap shots or wristers with full snap motions. That heel curve is very good for that kind of shot.

i'm part of that 25% (well not part of nhl) that can't use heel curves for my life, mid-toe's the way to go, never had a better backhand for me

I don't know about 75%, but a lot yeh, and that is a great pattern for snappers, although hard to keep them low. I have had so many pro stocks that were in between that and an ordinary Drury, I can't count it.

display_image.jpg

Doesn't seem as drastic as that picture of that Warrior stick. I'm still wondering why there a Warrior stick with Parise's name on it.

Doesn't seem as drastic as that picture of that Warrior stick. I'm still wondering why there a Warrior stick with Parise's name on it.

they made one for him to try out to see if he would use it permanently comes into mind. personally if i was a company and didn't try to get superstars to change stick/eq, i'm doing something wrong

i'm part of that 25% (well not part of nhl) that can't use heel curves for my life, mid-toe's the way to go, never had a better backhand for me

Me too, absolutley useless with a heel curve! Mid-toe for me please :)

I have a pro stock reebok blade H11, which from pictures that I've seen of Parise's in this years playoffs looks to be pretty close to what he is using.

I had 2 pro stock Parise S19s, they were awesome. Exact same curve as a Sakic, but just a bit bigger curve. Not as big as Kreps though.

almost bought a parise s19 painted as eq50 at tsr, he uses a modified sakic NOT that warrior curve

Thats funny, I actually ended up buying that S19 (Eq50 dress), and yes it basically is a Sakic, maybe even a little bigger (as mentioned above). I really like it, alot of fun to shoot with.

Just picked up a Geno T1, so prob going to give that a go tomorrow

I remember reading or watching him (possibly in those easton round table videos) talk about how, last summer, he tried to switch to a bigger toe curve. He had sticks made to replicate Cammalleri's pro pattern (which is identical to RS above). He said he couldn't get used to them, so he switched back to something more moderate, or his old pattern. Maybe he switched again mid season, but looking at images from the 12' playoffs, it doesn't look like he's using the pattern above.

144636080-zach-parise-of-the-new-jersey-devils-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=Z0zsWpN2ukUDXYqF4boPJYQC25aahKL5ZldvmssZLiDcjBElqSZB4yaSmiK6dcymWek6ghg0gith7VcBe%2fNWwQ%3d%3d

I wouldn't rely on pictures as a way to determine what style of curve is being used by a player. Certainly, some curves have distinctive features but many don't. Here is the article you mention. Cammalleri uses a kink in the toe of his blade which is essentially a P3/Sakic/Hall with a bend at the toe.

http://fortheloveofhockey.com/?p=792