Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vathsdrop

New sherwood stick line Txx ?

How curvy is the Ryan one, because they have that on ice warehouse in slim fit, which is what I'm looking for, for 109$

How curvy is the Ryan one, because they have that on ice warehouse in slim fit, which is what I'm looking for, for 109$

It's a cross between a Modano and a Drury. The best comparison would be the Warrior Vanek.

Ryan = P106 Richards except with a 5.5 lie instead of 6. They're the same curve. I have a PP09 Nexon 6 and a P106 TO.

Ryan = P106 Richards except with a 5.5 lie instead of 6. They're the same curve. I have a PP09 Nexon 6 and a P106 TO.

you got some weird eyes for curves.

the ryan curve is like a lower lie drury. the twist starts at a different 'angle' than the drury so the loft feels more consistent than the drury which is really open by the time you get to the toe. it's definitely lower lie than the drury. its still essentially a wedge though less wedgelike than the drury when you play it. a cross from drury and modano is an accurate description.

the p106 on the other hand is a gradual heel curve, not wedge like at all.

at the end of the day, a heel curve is a heel curve, but there are differences and saying they're the same curve with different lies is misleading.

you got some weird eyes for curves.

the ryan curve is like a lower lie drury. the twist starts at a different 'angle' than the drury so the loft feels more consistent than the drury which is really open by the time you get to the toe. it's definitely lower lie than the drury. its still essentially a wedge though less wedgelike than the drury when you play it. a cross from drury and modano is an accurate description.

the p106 on the other hand is a gradual heel curve, not wedge like at all.

at the end of the day, a heel curve is a heel curve, but there are differences and saying they're the same curve with different lies is misleading.

No, I'm telling you. I own sticks with both curves, and if I put them side to side, they're identical. If you don't believe me, I'll take a picture. The Ryan, like the P106, is not a true heel "wedge" like the Drury. It's actually more of a mid-heel, whereas the Drury is a true heel because there is a kink right at the heel of the stick and absolutely no mid curve. P106 and Ryan have some mid curve. I'd rather not have to upload a pic, but I'm telling you that P106 and Ryan are the same curve.

No, I'm telling you. I own sticks with both curves, and if I put them side to side, they're identical. If you don't believe me, I'll take a picture. The Ryan, like the P106, is not a true heel "wedge" like the Drury. It's actually more of a mid-heel, whereas the Drury is a true heel because there is a kink right at the heel of the stick and absolutely no mid curve. P106 and Ryan have some mid curve. I'd rather not have to upload a pic, but I'm telling you that P106 and Ryan are the same curve.

Mr.Data is correct.

The last Bauer P106 I had was on the old gold and purple Triflex. It was a pretty big gradual heel curve with a huge rocker. I have a Sherwood Nexon 12 with the P09 Ryan and like others have stated, it is like a cross between the Easton Modano and Drury. It isn't like the P106 on the old Triflex at all.

The last Bauer P106 I had was on the old gold and purple Triflex. It was a pretty big gradual heel curve with a huge rocker. I have a Sherwood Nexon 12 with the P09 Ryan and like others have stated, it is like a cross between the Easton Modano and Drury. It isn't like the P106 on the old Triflex at all.

Ok I took a picture of each curve from the same angle and put the pics side by side for comparison. They look the same to me. Both start curving at around mid-heel (unlike right at the heel like a Drury), and both have the same loft. If you want, I can post a pic of the curves as seen from above.That might better illustrate what I'm talking about.

IMG-20131021-00425_zps38a1063c.jpg?t=138

Sorry, I disagree. The P106 is more of a mid - mid/hel curve with a deeper curve and less open. Worst case, you can say the PPO9 is a mid-heel wedge.

Those pics look different to me, but they are also not from the same angle and that makes it harder to judge.

Those pics look different to me, but they are also not from the same angle and that makes it harder to judge.

Yeah it's really tricky getting pics from exactly the same angle. Here's a pic from directly above:

IMG-20131021-00430_zpsb47790fa.jpg?t=138

I find they're pretty much the same. Obviously the lie is different (5.5 vs. 6) and there may be a rocker difference, but in terms of blade curvature and loft, they seem the same. Both have a shallow mid-heel pocket, both are less open than the Drury and Lidstrom but more than the Modano (loft looks bigger on the P106 in this pic because the Bauer stick is more to the right). Any differences would be on the same level as P87A Crosby vs. P92 Backstrom (both Sakic clones).

Those have very significant differences to me, I wouldn't consider them clones at all

Can you elaborate? I don't think I understand what differences your talking about. Maybe a more fitting analogy would be CCM Tavares vs. Bauer Kane vs. CCM Hossa: Not exact clones, but roughly the same pattern.

Here is what I've noticed:

Both P106 and PP09 are:

-Mid-heel curves

-Open (not very open like Lidstrom or Drury, but not slightly open like Modano)

-Round toe

Differences:

-Rocker?

-Lie (5.5 vs. 6)

From your picture:

The one on the left appears to be a more harsh curve, one that starts much closer to the heel. It also appears to have little or no loft, whatever loft it does have appears to be a consistent (although slow) wedge, like a Drury style.

The one on the right appears to curve more gently at the mid heel and again at the mid toe. it also appears to "twist" open, more like a Sakic.

It also looks like the tops of the shafts are not square to each other, so that could make the differences appear larger or smaller. Honestly, it looks like the shafts were arranged to try and make the blades look as similar as possible.

From your picture:

The one on the left appears to be a more harsh curve, one that starts much closer to the heel. It also appears to have little or no loft, whatever loft it does have appears to be a consistent (although slow) wedge, like a Drury style.

The one on the right appears to curve more gently at the mid heel and again at the mid toe. it also appears to "twist" open, more like a Sakic.

It also looks like the tops of the shafts are not square to each other, so that could make the differences appear larger or smaller. Honestly, it looks like the shafts were arranged to try and make the blades look as similar as possible.

If you're talking about the first picture I posted, I placed the camera on the shaft of each stick at the same height on the shaft and then put the two pictures side by side for comparison. The picture from above (second pic I posted) doesn't really show loft very well: it was more for the curve. It was also complicated to get a picture from directly above, so the shafts aren't perfectly aligned. I had to rest both sticks rather precariously on a chair when I was taking the picture.

I wouldn't say that the Ryan is a wedge at all. It has a decent pocket in the mid-heel (like the P106), while a true heel wedge like the Drury has pretty much no pocket. In my opinion, this discussion seems very similar to the P87A Crosby vs. P92 Backstrom discussion. Are there minute differences between the curves? Perhaps. But they're both based on the same pattern - the Sakic. I'll admit that it wasn't accurate to say that the P106 and PP09 are clones, but saying that they're very different isn't accurate either.

If you're talking about the first picture I posted, I placed the camera on the shaft of each stick at the same height on the shaft and then put the two pictures side by side for comparison. The picture from above (second pic I posted) doesn't really show loft very well: it was more for the curve. It was also complicated to get a picture from directly above, so the shafts aren't perfectly aligned. I had to rest both sticks rather precariously on a chair when I was taking the picture.

I wouldn't say that the Ryan is a wedge at all. It has a decent pocket in the mid-heel (like the P106), while a true heel wedge like the Drury has pretty much no pocket. In my opinion, this discussion seems very similar to the P87A Crosby vs. P92 Backstrom discussion. Are there minute differences between the curves? Perhaps. But they're both based on the same pattern - the Sakic. I'll admit that it wasn't accurate to say that the P106 and PP09 are clones, but saying that they're very different isn't accurate either.

It doesn't look like the Ryan has changed since the last time I saw it, judging by your pics. I find them to be very different curves that play very differently and not what I would call "based on the same pattern"