Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vathsdrop

New sherwood stick line Txx ?

wonder if T90 blade has the same pingy feel like RM9? i hate my RM9 due to its lack of feel and really pingy.

iI've never used a RM9, but IMO the T90 pro is one of the better feeling blades out there. I'm not to sure of how similar the T90 retail is to the pro though.

Hey all I found out a bit more about the T90 Pro vs the T90 SOP

The custom TPS R8 is precisely the same construction as the T90 PRO, all that changes is the decal.

T90SOP: 189.99$

T90 PRO & R8: 199.99$

The main difference between the SOP & PRO is in the blade. The SOP has an injected foam blade while the PRO is a compression molded foam core blade. I have to say it really comes down to personal preferences but the SOP is a softer blade that drastically reduces vibrations and bouncing off the blade. Perfect for the puck handler. The PRO would better fir the hard shooter.

Also note that the T90 PRO is listed as 430 g and the SOP listed as 450 g.

Anyone have any idea what flexes the SlimFits come in? I'm only seeing them in 60 and 70 on most sites that have them. :dry:

Finally picked up a T90 after going back and forth on doing so for awhile. I am very impressed with the performance of the stick and at the price, it honestly doesn't get much better than this. The only thing that would make this stick perfect for me would be if the shaft dimensions were a tad bit smaller but, I am not complaining.

One question though, the other stick in this price range that I was looking at is the Base, does anyone have a direct hands on comparison between the two?

The custom TPS R8 is precisely the same construction as the T90 PRO, all that changes is the decal.

Not entirely accurate. The T90 Pro can be configured so that it is essentially an R8, but while you can get the TPS blade on a T90 you can't get the IQ blade on the R8. Other than that difference with the blades though you have the same selection of shafts on either stick.

Anyone have any idea what flexes the SlimFits come in? I'm only seeing them in 60 and 70 on most sites that have them. :dry:

They only come in 60 and 70.

Hey all I found out a bit more about the T90 Pro vs the T90 SOP

T90SOP: 189.99$

T90 PRO & R8: 199.99$

The main difference between the SOP & PRO is in the blade. The SOP has an injected foam blade while the PRO is a compression molded foam core blade. I have to say it really comes down to personal preferences but the SOP is a softer blade that drastically reduces vibrations and bouncing off the blade. Perfect for the puck handler. The PRO would better fir the hard shooter.

Also note that the T90 PRO is listed as 430 g and the SOP listed as 450 g.

There are some more differences....

The T90 SOP is a "monocomp" designed stick. The shaft is molded all the way into the heel of the IQ blade. This makes the stick feel lighter and very well balanced imo. The SOP shaft is an imported Chinese-made shaft with the square, boxy shaft dimensions.

The T90 Pro is a 2-piece fused stick. But it comes with options for the TPS blade and a Prostock Canadian-made shaft. You can choose three shaft dimensions: Rounded, Double Concave, and 4-side Concave. If you go with a custom curve on the Pros, you have to order 12. Otherwise SOP and Pro order min is 3.

My first batch of SOPs delaminated immediately after playing with them, so SWD sent me three more. These delamed immediately too. So I sent those back, and was told SWD would send me a batch of T90 Pros with the TPS blade (beefier and more durable) and the Canadian-made shaft (2TC).

After eight weeks I received the Pros, but they were the 2TI model (not the 2TC model I was promised). They are quite blade heavy compared to my SOPS, and the lie of the blade is off (about .25-.5 higher). Also, there are indented ridge lines under the laminate on the face of the blade so it is not smooth, and the blades were longer and wider than my SOPs.

I talked with Claude in the SOP Dept today and he told me they had fixed the delam problem with the IQ blades (some kind of issue with the epoxy (?)), and suggested I return the ones I have for the T90 PRO 2SC model. I do love the puck feel of the IQ blades, and from what he told me about the TPS blade (and what I gathered from picking up the stick and inspecting the blade), the TPS blade is definitely beefier, stiffer and heavier, made for durability vs puck feel.

Anyway, the Warranty Dept approved the return, and I'll be getting the PRO 2SCs in another six weeks. Let's hope this time it's worth the wait! :wacko:

If you go with a custom curve on the Pros, you have to order 12. Otherwise SOP and Pro order min is 3.

You don't have to order 12 if you get the IQ blade (with the Pro). I was able to order 3 2SI's with a custom pattern.

Anyway, the Warranty Dept approved the return, and I'll be getting the PRO 2SCs in another six weeks. Let's hope this time it's worth the wait! :wacko:

Damn, after all that you have gone through I would think just about any stick would be a letdown in the end, heh. I've gotten to handle a lot of the different configurations, and I'd say that anything with the TPS blade on it is going to be a bit more blade heavy (though not unreasonably so, IMO). The two blades play a bit more differently than I honestly thought they would.

One of my Pros de-laminated a bit on the first use, so I switched to another one and haven't had any issues after six or seven times on the ice with it. Will probably use the third one this weekend to see if it has the same problem as the first (seeing as it appears they are pretty good about replacing them).

I'm really interested in this stick but I can't seem to find any real info. I know pure hockey has some. A top of the line stick for 130 is a pretty good deal.

This is the low end oh the best! Almost all the major junior teams in Manitoba & Saskatchewan are using these sticks. They offer excellent performance and durability for the price ! Dont let the price deter you, these sticks are good but not great !

T50, that's their new pricepoint OPS, you can't compare its weight to a SE16. It's most likely a crap stick.

I've only seen the T90 in stores and like I wrote earlier, it felt like a great buy for 130$.

Yep you can get at any prohockey (black and white or all black stealth).

Finally picked up a T90 after going back and forth on doing so for awhile. I am very impressed with the performance of the stick and at the price, it honestly doesn't get much better than this. The only thing that would make this stick perfect for me would be if the shaft dimensions were a tad bit smaller but, I am not complaining.

One question though, the other stick in this price range that I was looking at is the Base, does anyone have a direct hands on comparison between the two?

I have both Base and T90.

The T90 has a more box shape shaft compared to the BASE. Also the BASE is more flexable, Both sticks are 75 flex, and has way better feel. The BASE blade makes the stick for me. The T90 is a great stick for the price but I would choose BASE everytime over the T90.

I just picked up 2 bouchard 90 flex T70's and I'm happy to say that they feel perfect. Not to blade heavy, shaft is nice and boxy, and receiving passes feels awesome. The flex feels dead on to. I'd recommend these to anyone who wants a nice stick without breaking the bank.

I've had my T90 slimfit, 70 flex Ryan pattern for about a month now, and I LOVE it. I honestly like this stick better than the Bauer TotalOne. It's a great value at only $130. I may have to grab a few more of them.

Someone I work with told me that they saw the next offering from Sher-wood in the OPS department. He called it a Nexxen 12. Not sure about the spelling. Can't wait to see it. He said it was really nice. I hope the shaft size is smaller this time around.

What would you compare the weight and balance too in other brands? Also, what was the shaft shape like?

Shaft shape was less boxy, more like an Easton Stealth, not quite a Vapor. Weight is in the mid light (440ish grams for the 12, don't quote me exactly on that yet). Balance was pretty good as well, uses a spear construction. New foam in the blade. Price point to be higher than the T90. The name is Nexon, offered in 12, 10, 8, 6 and 4. Strong graphics, positive testing from pros. Don't want to go too deep, but I'd like to get one for myself since one of my T90's broke and the other is over a year old.

I sound like a Sherwood employee, but I'm not. They make pretty good sticks (I'm not 100% biased as I have many other sticks).

I’d like to offer my first impression review of the Sher-Wood T90 non-grip tapered shaft (85 flex) for those of you who may have, or are entertaining, a two-piece preference. To start, the shaft plays quite similar to my two other shafts, an AK27 (standard) and a Base Savoy (tapered) -both also 85 flex. Personally, discerning a clear difference as to accuracy and power is a bit hard regardless of the type of shot; so I won’t belabor this point.

As for other attributes, I’ll state that the blade/shaft fit tolerance is precise and firm with both Warrior and Harrow replacement blades and very similar in balance and weight. Additionally, the T90 certainly feels more of a mid-low kick point shaft than either a mid-kick or low-kick point shaft. And in hopes of clearing up the ‘feel’ of the shaft, I’ll say that the corners might not feel as rounded as the AK27 nor the Base Savoy even though the cross-section dimensions are the same. The reason is primarily due to the slight concave top and bottom of the T90 shaft. If you closely compare the T90 to the AK27, you’ll see that although the front and back sides of both shafts are concave, the top and bottom are quite different with the AK27 (and Base) being ever so slightly crowned (or convex) on the top and bottom, and the T90 being slightly concave (or indented/recessed) on both the top and bottom. And while in terms of geometry this does not appear significant, I can says that in terms of ‘feel’, it’s noticeable. For most shots, I place the thumb of my lower hand parallel and straight down the center of the top of the shaft. Whether the top of the shaft is slightly crowned or slightly concave does not matter at all since I can easily discern the placement of my thumb. However, to those players who place their lower-hand thumb over the corner of the shaft, I can say the shaft will most likely feel a bit more squared-corner.

All attributes combined, the T90 compares most favorably and as long as it’s durable, I have no issue with it being a first line or a backup. Finally, for those who are ever curious as to how different blade patterns play, I’d absolutely recommend the T90 shaft and a few blades from Harrow (if you choose a taper setup). For around US$200, one can combine a very playable tapered shaft with a few blades, such as Tanguay Pro Stock and Hossa, along with a classic pattern such as a Drury or Sakic.

I’d like to offer my first impression review of the Sher-Wood T90 non-grip tapered shaft (85 flex) for those of you who may have, or are entertaining, a two-piece preference.

Thank you for that. I just ordered a T90 Taper in the 105-flex (non grip). I will be combining it with a Harrow 300 blade.

Can you please comment on how long the tapered T90 shaft is? I use really long sticks and have heard that the new Sherwood T90 OPS runs a bit long.

Thank you. Looks like I will be throwing a 6" extension on!

I am mainly using this stick to compare a few different patterns that will be available when the Warrior customizer comes online.