Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vathsdrop

New sherwood stick line Txx ?

I like what SWD/TPS is doing with their sticks right now. Bang for buck, the T90s are a great stick, and the 3 piece minimum for custom orders on their top sticks is great. I just wish they didn't change the R8.

So, their custom program has me slightly curious. That said, I'm looking for a specific set of differences between the T90Pro and the T90SOP. The catalogue didn't really differentiate the two from each other all that much.

General feedback on the T90 is appreciated as well. I've gone ahead and ordered one from hockeymonkey, but I'd like to hear what other people have to say about the T90 whether it was the retail, Pro, or SOP flavor.

krev, I was told a while back that they are still making the SOPs in sherbrooke, Quebec. I don't believe any of the retail line is made there and last I heard they were working on a new construction process for their blades. No idea if the process is the same as the pro, so I shot the rep an email.

So, their custom program has me slightly curious. That said, I'm looking for a specific set of differences between the T90Pro and the T90SOP. The catalogue didn't really differentiate the two from each other all that much.

General feedback on the T90 is appreciated as well. I've gone ahead and ordered one from hockeymonkey, but I'd like to hear what other people have to say about the T90 whether it was the retail, Pro, or SOP flavor.

The only difference I could tell is the T90 SOP is quoted as a "true one piece" where the T90 Pro doesn't mention that bit of information. The SOP also doesn't have the different shaft shapes available. I like the look of the new Sherwood's. Did they happen to give you the custom pricing information? A minimum order of 3 sounds good, especially with a custom curve, if they're not priced ridiculously high.

The only difference I could tell is the T90 SOP is quoted as a "true one piece" where the T90 Pro doesn't mention that bit of information. The SOP also doesn't have the different shaft shapes available. I like the look of the new Sherwood's. Did they happen to give you the custom pricing information? A minimum order of 3 sounds good, especially with a custom curve, if they're not priced ridiculously high.

I haven't had any contact with Sherwood as of yet. Waiting for my T90 to show up from the monkey so I can test it out and see if I like the way it performs. If I like it, then I'll definitely be inquiring about the custom program they have.

I haven't had any contact with Sherwood as of yet. Waiting for my T90 to show up from the monkey so I can test it out and see if I like the way it performs. If I like it, then I'll definitely be inquiring about the custom program they have.

The T90 SOPs are much higher quality stick than the T90 retail. SOPs are custom made in Canada, retails are made in China. Both have a boxier squarish shaft.

The retails run on the stiff side, but are still light and well balanced, with good puck feel and okay kick. Puck feel on the SOPs is outstanding, kick is good, esp after breaking them in. They are lighter, better balanced, and more responsive than the retails.

I just got my warranty replacements for my T90 SOPs due to a delam problem on my first batch. I was told they would be the T90 Pros, but they look the same as my SOPs and are labeled as such (not "T90 Pro"), and weigh about 5 grams more (negligible). The grip on the SOPs is just a spray on that peels right off. Other than that (and the delam issue on the first batch), these are outstanding twigs.

I believe they run around $189 each, minimum of three per order. You have to go through a Sherwood dealer to order them. If you provide them with a sample, they will make a custom mold for you and keep it on file with your info.

SOP comes with the free flex zone, you can cut the stick up to 4 inches and the flex will not be affected. SOP is also a true once piece, only comes in grip and the IQ foam in the blade is standard (IQ foam has different feels for stick handling and for shooting, doesn't break down and has better energy transfer). SOP comes in what ever curve you want. Interesting to hear that the grip on the SOP dosen't really last long...maybe not enough time to cure before ship to the customer?

PRO has either the IQ foam or the original Vibration Reduction Core ++ and your choice of shaft dimension (round, mid round and 4 side concave). It is available with or without grip. Custom curves as well.

Both the SOP and the PRO are light sticks, under 450g (claim). Both are made in Canada. So...in conclusion...really in the end you can configure a SOP T90 to be the exact same as the PRO...but with less wait times (provided Sherwood has the PRO in stock and you're using a stock curve). In the end...pretty much the same stick.

SOP comes with the free flex zone, you can cut the stick up to 4 inches and the flex will not be affected. SOP is also a true once piece, only comes in grip and the IQ foam in the blade is standard (IQ foam has different feels for stick handling and for shooting, doesn't break down and has better energy transfer). SOP comes in what ever curve you want. Interesting to hear that the grip on the SOP dosen't really last long...maybe not enough time to cure before ship to the customer?

PRO has either the IQ foam or the original Vibration Reduction Core ++ and your choice of shaft dimension (round, mid round and 4 side concave). It is available with or without grip. Custom curves as well.

Both the SOP and the PRO are light sticks, under 450g (claim). Both are made in Canada. So...in conclusion...really in the end you can configure a SOP T90 to be the exact same as the PRO...but with less wait times (provided Sherwood has the PRO in stock and you're using a stock curve). In the end...pretty much the same stick.

so seeing as how the sop is special order only and not a retail stock item, does this mean that can only been ordered in 3's or can tat one be ordered individually as long as you go with stock options?

so seeing as how the sop is special order only and not a retail stock item, does this mean that can only been ordered in 3's or can tat one be ordered individually as long as you go with stock options?

Based on the posts, it seems pretty clear that the minimum SOP order is three.

It is indeed 3, but after the first batch you can order them individually I believe. Also, if you get the Vibration Reduction Core ++ blade, minimum is 12 (and if you want R8s, you HAVE to have this blade :angry: ).

Is there an order form for SOPs or what? No one around me carries any sherwood products so I don't think I can put an order through with any of my shops.

Hafta go through a retailer. NONE of the shops carry Sherwood/TPS? While I could see few carrying their OPS or protective line, I would think most places would have to order some 5030 woodies or some 9950 goal sticks from time to time.

It is indeed 3, but after the first batch you can order them individually I believe. Also, if you get the Vibration Reduction Core ++ blade, minimum is 12 (and if you want R8s, you HAVE to have this blade :angry: ).

My question, has any body had experience with either blade to say what the non-brochure write up differences are? Compared to any other blades?

I should rephrase, I have read the previous post. Can someone compare the differences between the blades offered.

swd sounds like their headed in the right direction

Indeed, I think if the price is right they're set to do some good business with those on this forum.. I'm certainly interested.

My question, has any body had experience with either blade to say what the non-brochure write up differences are? Compared to any other blades?

I should rephrase, I have read the previous post. Can someone compare the differences between the blades offered.

I've got 3 T90 Pros w/ the IQ blade on their way. I'm told the T90 Pro shaft will play "very very" similar to the R8s I have (with the other blade), so hopefully I can get an apples to apples comparison.

Just reading the descriptions I can't help but feel like it will all boil down to one blade feeling a bit softer than the other. We shall see, I guess.

so does T90 youth even closely resemble the sr. version or it's something completely different?

they talk about multiple flex zones, so given that I'd need to cut that stick quick a bit I was wondering if the flex wouldn't change much (like it was mentioned previously for the sr. models) or it's just wishfull thinking?

For those that ordered custom blades, is it possible to send them a pattern and ask them to change the lie? for example I really like the P14 that Bauer offers but would like to have it as a lie 5 as opposed to a lie 6.

Also, anyone from Vancouver tried the SOP program? If so, which retail store did you have them done at?

will this T90 replacement blade performs better than RM9? willing to blow out some cash on it but some said that RM9 durability is bad.

so does T90 youth even closely resemble the sr. version or it's something completely different?

they talk about multiple flex zones, so given that I'd need to cut that stick quick a bit I was wondering if the flex wouldn't change much (like it was mentioned previously for the sr. models) or it's just wishfull thinking?

I know that both the 09 and 10 models of the T90 in youth and junior were completely different. Basically clunky fiberglass sticks with fake 12k graphics and a soft blade.

will this T90 replacement blade performs better than RM9? willing to blow out some cash on it but some said that RM9 durability is bad.

Can't say I have much experience using the RMs, but I was using a T90 blade in one of my shafts for a bit. Seems decent. Nothing spectacularly good or bad about it. Used maybe 20 times and it has held up "ok". Of course, YMMV.

P88 LS is the Lindros clone from Bauer. Sherwood has done a good job cloning curves, my P26 is spot on to the Sakic/Hall.

The Slim Fit T90s should be in stock at the vendor, you'll have to contact your LHS to see if they're carrying them or if you can special order.

I've used my T90 for a year now and haven't had a problem with durability with the blade. I only tape up 3/4 of the blade leaving the heel portion clear and haven't had a problem with cracks or breakage. But that's only me, can't say that will happen to all T90 OPS or blades.

I have yet to use the Slim Fit T90 or the different Vibration Core ++ vs the IQ blade yet. Can't wait to get the stick to try out though, but working through my Easton sticks.