Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thunderhockey19

custom grafs?

hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone knows a way i can get a custom order for a pair of grafs? because i dont think my lhs can get me a custom order. if anyone has any connections that could help me out it would be very appreciated.

graf dealers can order custom skates... they just have to know how to fit you. i am on my second pair of custom grafs... the first pair were done by a graf rep, and the second by a store. my second pair was more of a modification of stock parts, which i strongly recommend, much easier to get your skates. if you give graf an order for full out custom skates, you probably won't see them for 3 months. good luck.

what do you mean by modification of stock parts? im mostly looking for the custom fit not really anything special. except maybe i was thinking reverse great whites.

i have custom 707's. but on this order. i used a size 7 regular boot, with a 9 wide toe cap. the arch was flattened, and padding was added to the heel. also had extra material added to the outside of the skate where graf's tend to tear apart.

if you have a custom boot made off a mold of your skate. chances are it will take a long time to get them done, and you won't notice much difference.

one seperate note. i used my last pair of custom grafs for 4 years. didn't have to replace them like the vapor xx's that most people purchase. lighter isn't always better.

haven't even looked at the new model graf's. i think they are trying to compete with bauer, ccm, and easton. graf should stick to what they are good at. make a durable, and affordable skate, that works and lasts.

one seperate note.  i used my last pair of custom grafs for 4 years.

DAMN! I haven't been able to make a pair of XXs last me more than seven months.

You've peaked my interest: How much did all that extra work to your 707s cost you?

I was just wondering if i could get my next graf skates done with the white side pannels at Perinis and how much it would cost?

Call or email Perani's, they'll be the only ones who can answer those questions.

one seperate note.  i used my last pair of custom grafs for 4 years.

DAMN! I haven't been able to make a pair of XXs last me more than seven months.

You've peaked my interest: How much did all that extra work to your 707s cost you?

well, i guess its good to have connections, but typically, you will look to pay $100 usd above the price of a regular pair off the shelf.

btw... why are you still in xx's if they don't last for shit.

btw... why are you still in xx's if they don't last for shit.

I LOVE the XXs. Unlike many of the other people on this board, they are a perfect match for my feet. I seriously lace them up and walk around the house with them; they are like a pair of slippers. I have to admit, I don't like skating in them right away, I find them much too stiff for my liking, so I usually keep my old broken-in pair for awhile (usually two or three weeks) for games until I get the new ones broken-in/broken-down enough to the point where I think I can use them in a game. Once they are broken-down, though, they feel like they were made just for me...Until it gets to the point where they feel like an old pair of running shoes, when it is time to get them replaced.

As they are a high-performance skate, I have accepted the fact that they will probably be totally spent within about five or six months. It's a big trade-off, but I guess I can live with it.

As they are a high-performance skate, I have accepted the fact that they will probably be totally spent within about five or six months. It's a big trade-off, but I guess I can live with it.

i can agree with using a skate that fits that well... no problems there. but let me ask you a question about your trade off. yes, these are supposed to be performance skates, and yes you have to pay the money for that fact, but don't you believe that they should outlast a cheap skate. unfortunately, that has become a problem with the hockey industry. the retail consumer has accepted the fact that they pay considerably more for products then they did 10 years ago, and are getting much less out of that product. the fact is that skates should be an item you are concerned about, and you should be cautious about your purchase... but don't settle for your trade off. demand from the manufacturer that their product holds up, and that it works for you. don't settle. i would rather just see every player out there be able to get at least a season out of a pair of skates... the way it used to be.

...I'm a very "picky" person, and I really don't like to change what I use a whole lot. I absolutely love the XXs, and I am not quite sure there is another skate on the market that would fit my foot and my skating stride so well. I have to admit, I tried the G35s on before I got another pair of XXs about two months ago and they felt great, but I wasn't willing to make the gamble. Skates feel a whole lot different on the ice then they do when you walk around with them in the shop for a little while. So I had a choice to make: 1) Go with another pair of XXs, the skates I have been in for almost three years now; skates I KNOW I am going to love or 2) Buy skates that I have never had before, hope they feel good once I get them on the ice and dump the XXs because they won't last as long. I chose option #1 (again), and don't regret to decision at all.

Do I wish the XXs would last a little longer before turning to goo? Hell yeah. But I'm not going to stop using my perfect skate just because they last about half as long as other skates do.

Do I wish the XXs would last a little longer before turning to goo? Hell yeah. But I'm not going to stop using my perfect skate just because they last about half as long as other skates do.

gotta agree with ya on that one... hard to find a skate you like, then hope they don't change it too much, cause then you got to to the same process all over again. you mentioned earlier that you like a somewhat flexable boot. i used to break my bauers apart, but that was all i liked. i had talked to some people that told me to try the graf 707's. good durablility, but good flex throughout the ankle. didn't regret my switch from the bauers. next time your at a store, check out the 707's, i think you may like them. my only advise though... put a tuuk on them. maybe even use your tuuks from your xx's should you make the switch. good luck.

...Right now I am just praying to the Hockey Gods that the XXXs fit and feel the same as the XXs, yet are somewhat more durable. I guess we'll see in a few months.

...I'm a very "picky" person, and I really don't like to change what I use a whole lot. I absolutely love the XXs, and I am not quite sure there is another skate on the market that would fit my foot and my skating stride so well. I have to admit, I tried the G35s on before I got another pair of XXs about two months ago and they felt great, but I wasn't willing to make the gamble. Skates feel a whole lot different on the ice then they do when you walk around with them in the shop for a little while. So I had a choice to make: 1) Go with another pair of XXs, the skates I have been in for almost three years now; skates I KNOW I am going to love or 2) Buy skates that I have never had before, hope they feel good once I get them on the ice and dump the XXs because they won't last as long. I chose option #1 (again), and don't regret to decision at all.

do the vapor 15 fit you there a lot cheaper and less stiff

...I haven't even bothered trying them on. I knew the moment I put the XXs on that the odds of me getting another model skate were very, very slim. Then, once I got them broken-in the way I like them, it was over for just about every other skate on the market. I really haven't thought about getting different skates until recently, with news of the XXXs and the release of the Graf G Series.