Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krimsanavenger

Reebok edge socks

I have a pair of retail Edge socks and they're ok but I prefer my regular socks. I find that they're too long and baggy for me even with 15" shins. I tried wearing the juniors and they were way too short :ph34r:

Bought a pair of retail at my LHS. Stayed up fine but were too baggy and in general I didn't like the fit. Noticed no difference in "coolness" on my legs.

They weren't for me but I can see how some people would love them.

i picked up a pair a month or so ago and wore them for the first time last weekend. i felt they were somewhat cooler and i dig the length since I'm 6'3. they attached to my itech jockwith no problem. thumbs up but not a huge difference.

Retail Edge is about equal to XL EDGE socks. My calves are a bit over 17" around and they fit snug on me with 16" one90 shin guards. Large EDGE is really tight on my shins, not as tight as Swift is though.

I think most of the guys where it's tighter on their shins will see more tearing... So yeah.

I love the pro ones. Haven't tried the retails. I noticed a difference in coolness the first time I stepped on the ice, got used to it quickly, and any time I wear traditional cotton socks I notice how warm the knit ones are in comparison.

They stick on the velcro just fine for me. And I've only put in one tear since I got them, which was easy to mend. They came with a few mended tears already though. NHL game used and all that.

I have been using 2 pairs of the retails and like them, the first time i wore them i swore a sock came loose as they were much cooler. I still use some tape on the shins as they seem a little long and dont wanna worry about my socks coming loose/falling down

Durability wise they are holding up better than a pair of cotton ccm I have. (2months use 3x skating each week)

I love these things! I have two pairs of retail and two pairs of pro. I do prefer the pros to retail, but I still wear both. And if anyone can find a pair of the pitsburgh blue socks, them me know

Has anyone seen them in all white or all black? or do they not even exist.

Pro Hockey Life has black and white practice socks.

Are they RBK? or just the regular material socks?

Adam, if you're from Surrey BC then the hockeyshop should have alot of retail solid black and white socks (plus other colors from what i recall).

Adam, if you're from Surrey BC then the hockeyshop should have alot of retail EDGE solid black and white socks (plus other colors from what i recall).

Edited. My bad

EDGE practice socks have a white panel in back, they won't be all black.

Actually TBL the new ones that the teams are using towards the end of this last season and currently are all solid colors. I have a pair of all white ones

Actually TBL the new ones that the teams are using towards the end of this last season and currently are all solid colors. I have a pair of all white ones

I'm pretty sure the guys above my post were talking about retail.

Retail still has the white panel, no? That's a serious question... I haven't looked at any retail socks since I decided I didn't like the retail version and that was before the retail practice socks became available.

I'm pretty sure the guys above my post were talking about retail.

Retail still has the white panel, no? That's a serious question... I haven't looked at any retail socks since I decided I didn't like the retail version and that was before the retail practice socks became available.

Yea TBL I agree with you, the retail socks are garbage, i don't think the retail have the white panel like our pro stock ones, it's just solid colored

I have a set of retail and 1 set of pro-stock edge socks. I love them. First time I used them I was sold on them. So light, breathable. My only complaint is the length - they are quite long! On that note, if anyone can hook me up with some Toronto pro-stock, let me know! I would go for St. L, or Buf too in the dark blue, something with a dark blue base.

If I had a choice, I'd stick with the edge socks from now on. Edit: Make that, I'd stick with pro-stock edge socks. The retail ones, as much as I like them, seem almost "cheap", and have a couple small holes, and seem like they cut easier than pro-stock. (of course!)

So far i love my edge socks, more so on the looks and function lol..

since i have the retail ones and am aware they rip easy, i placed a shin guard sock underneath them (over my shin pads) so the velcro of the shin pads doesnt grab the sock and start tearing away at them slowly. and i do wish there was additional velcro on the back of the sock.

also wish i had the option of removing the Reebok symbol logo off the front even though i dont mind it much,.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Reviews of these seem to be quite mixed. I saw them today for the first time in person. First impression, holy shit those things are huge. I started to think the youth size might provide a better fit. I also personally dislike the Reebok logo on the front. I will probably end up giving them a try at some point.

Thats sweet! too bad I cant find flyers third (orange) ! any ideas anyone? also is there a way to get ohl socks?