Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e23barton

rbk 8k vs jofa 9117

Sorry if this has been discussed, I did a search and couldn't find any definite information.

Is there any differences between these two elbow pads besides the branding and the extended forearm coverage being gray on the rbk?

Can you still use the jofa floating slash guards with RBk 8k pros? And where can you get them, I know that they aren't selling them at retail anymore but wondering if maybe somebody has some because I have really long thin forearms and absolutely hate the stupid wristband guards.

Can you still use the jofa floating slash guards with RBk 8k pros? And where can you get them, I know that they aren't selling them at retail anymore but wondering if maybe somebody has some because I have really long thin forearms and absolutely hate the stupid wristband guards.

I guess you could use the floating guards with the 8k's, it would be alot of protection. It would be fine if you ended up cutting of the grey wristband part, im not sure what your thinking about doing though. I have a pair of Jofa style guards, they are the same as the Jofa ones just black.

I just got my size Large 9177's and they seem to fit ok for the length. I'm 6'2" 180. However I have skinny arms and I have to pull the straps to the edge or just beyond on the velcro. They don't move after I do that. Would the size Medium be narrower to fit skinnier arms or are they just for a shorter length arm?

Does the 9177 pro or 9144 pro fit larger then the retail 9177 and 9144. Are the pro's a lot larger then retail rbk's?

And is the liner in the jofa pro's more comfortable then retail rbk 8k/7k play dry thing?

I asked this in a different thread but got nothing and i found the right one so hopefully i get some replies

I'm not really sure if this is the info/comparison that you were looking for, but I have the 8k pros in a small/size 4 and the retail 9k in medium/size 5. The 9k mediums fit me pretty snug in the forearm (snug but, comfortable), the 8k pro fits my forearm comfortably but, I wouldn't call it snug.

I'm not really sure if this is the info/comparison that you were looking for, but I have the 8k pros in a small/size 4 and the retail 9k in medium/size 5. The 9k mediums fit me pretty snug in the forearm (snug but, comfortable), the 8k pro fits my forearm comfortably but, I wouldn't call it snug.

Alright that good, i guess i was wondering if the pro's just fit bigger, i have a pair of retail rbk 8k's in size 6 and havent used them yet but they seem a little small and i also have 7k's in size 7 and they are too big. I ordered a pair of 9177 in size 6 and was hoping they werent going to be big on me. And i was wondering if the liner in the pro's is more comfortable then the play dry liner or the liner in the rbk 9k/6k elbow pads.

I would say these things fit huge. I'm 5'9" and I can wear either a small or medium elbow pad depending on the manufacturer. I recently bought the 8K Pro's in a small and they are huge, not in a bad way though. Surprisingly, they have the best mobility of any elbow pads I have used/tried. For me at least, they are only tight near the joint, so my forearm and bicep are completely unrestricted, yet have excellent protection. Just make sure you have a big enough jersey. ;)

Alright thanks tscharf ill just get a bigger jersey lol And im 6'4" and 205lbs and i got a size 6

Ya, you should be fine. Overall, I love these elbow pads, especially for what I paid. My only complaint is that the cuff extension is a little too long, at least on my arm. I wear 13" gloves (Eagle) and there is a tiny bit of interference, but since I don't play competitively, it's not a big deal.

Got the 8K small and they are a bust. The forearm is great but the elbow strap is uncomfortable and the bicep area is too loose. I need to work out more. Lol

It seems like everyone is buying the rbk 8k not the 9177, i thought it would be the other way around.

The RBK are half the price and essentially the same thing.

Well the 8ks are 44.99 and i got my 9177's for 41.99 and i wanted to get the jofa ones because they are harder to get. And yeah i guess if your a size 4 or 5 you end up with the 8k.

remind to to take a pic of the liner i have both. their both the same feel wise but i think the 8k pro's look nicer and its not as wet when i finish playing, the jofa's when i take them off is disgusting, i don't wanna put my arm in it until its dry

Well the 8ks are 44.99 and i got my 9177's for 41.99 and i wanted to get the jofa ones because they are harder to get. And yeah i guess if your a size 4 or 5 you end up with the 8k.

where did you get them? wasn't the giant selling them for 41.99?

remind to to take a pic of the liner i have both. their both the same feel wise but i think the 8k pro's look nicer and its not as wet when i finish playing, the jofa's when i take them off is disgusting, i don't wanna put my arm in it until its dry

you have both the rbk and the jofa pro? i have the 8k retail version and i dont really like the feel of the play dry liner in them. I like the the look of the 9177's better then the 8k and i thought that both pro versions were the same except the different logos.

where did you get them? wasn't the giant selling them for 41.99?

Yeah i got them from hockey giant they had the two day deal thing.

How did you get them to ship to canada?

I live 10 min away from the border so i get stuff coming from the states to a shipping place about twenty min away. They only charge me $3 to get it shipped there. So for the 9177 elbow pads it will end up costing me $55 bucks and ill go pick them up and my new easton pro stock gloves together.

I live 10 min away from the border so i get stuff coming from the states to a shipping place about twenty min away. They only charge me $3 to get it shipped there. So for the 9177 elbow pads it will end up costing me $55 bucks and ill go pick them up and my new easton pro stock gloves together.

I know it's getting off topic but that's pretty sweet for you. You have access to all the US deals! What shipping place do you use?

I will have to sell my 8K pro small. They still have the tags on. They don't fit me and the middle strap is so uncomfortable. Picked myself up some Warrior Hustlers instead.