Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e23barton

rbk 8k vs jofa 9117

Would someone who owns the 8K/7k pro and Jofa 9177/9144 pads be willing to post the following measurements?

1. Length of pad from elbow to end of wrist cuff.

2. Circumference of forearm segment.

3. Circumference of biceps segment.

I'm trying to find any of the above to buy, and e-bay has a few available, but I have no way to try them on. I thought the measurements would help me determine what size I need (presumably a small/4 or medium/5).

I'm a 5'3" tall female, approx 170 lbs. My elbow to wrist is 10.5 inches. My forearm is 11" around. My biceps is 12.5" around.

Well im way bigger than you and a size 5/medium fits me perfect. Ive never seen a size 4/small in person but that would be the only thing that comes close to fitting you, don't fool yourself into think a size 5 will fit because everyone isn't lying, these fit very large.

Would someone who owns the 8K/7k pro and Jofa 9177/9144 pads be willing to post the following measurements?

1. Length of pad from elbow to end of wrist cuff.

2. Circumference of forearm segment.

3. Circumference of biceps segment.

I'm trying to find any of the above to buy, and e-bay has a few available, but I have no way to try them on. I thought the measurements would help me determine what size I need (presumably a small/4 or medium/5).

I'm a 5'3" tall female, approx 170 lbs. My elbow to wrist is 10.5 inches. My forearm is 11" around. My biceps is 12.5" around.

i have the 8k pros in size 4, im a little taller but my measurements are about the same as yours. I'd probably get the 7k unless you want the elbow pads to go into your glove.

long extension

Well im way bigger than you and a size 5/medium fits me perfect. Ive never seen a size 4/small in person but that would be the only thing that comes close to fitting you, don't fool yourself into think a size 5 will fit because everyone isn't lying, these fit very large.

i have the 8k pros in size 4, im a little taller but my measurements are about the same as yours. I'd probably get the 7k unless you want the elbow pads to go into your glove.

long extension

Thanks for the feedback! Glad I didn't just jump on the mediums then.

Any other elbow pads, that fit the same as the 8k/9117, so I can go try on a verify my size ?

Before I got my 8k pros, I went to get an idea of what to expect of the elbows by trying on the retail versions of the RBK line. And looking back at it, there were no elbow pads i could remember that offered a similar fit that can draw a good comparison. :S lucky enough I found a small size 4 and even it seems large compared to other elbow pads. But they work for me.

I'm normally a size large in elbow pads (5'8 175 but I have large forearms from years of playing drums) but fit perfect in size medium 8k pros and 9177's. They seem to run about a size big.

Couldn't find any 7k Pros in a small/4 so I just modified a pair of 8k Pros like a few others have. I just unstiched the blue piping around the slash extension, pulled out the plastic piece inside and then proceeded to cut it off. I left the blue piping attached and then brought it to a local leather repair shop. She made them look like nothing ever happened. They feel 10x more comfortable too.

zltbic.jpg

2lid1y9.jpg

Compared to my back up pair.

6z108n.jpg