Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e23barton

rbk 8k vs jofa 9117

sorry to bring this topic up again...but due to the shipping to Europe I'm always late..how far does those stick in your glove? I was always playing pads that might be to short, cause of my skinny arms on 6.oo ft. I fit a large CCM (had Tacks and Vectors) now I am on RBK 6k (yellow) in a size 5 and they fit really good, but are pretty short. So I ordered my 8k, also in size 5. The silver extension is in my glove, even the blue piping is on par with my cuff (Eagle) or short above (TPS)...as I never had pads 'closing the gap' I don't know, what's wrong or right, keep em and get used, sell them, buy smalls...I really have to tighten them until both sides come together but they don't slide...I got games today, Sunday and Tuesday and don't want to rip the tags off for selling...hmmm...HELP!

EDIT: Or asked the other way around, when you got gloves, that come to your cuffs, is it usual that the cuff rubs on the glove when you move your wrists..is it hard to get used to?

you will have to play with them to find out if the cuff extensions interfere or not. If you don't like the cuff extensions, just cut them off.

Picked up the 8k pros for price/size but hated the extended cuffs. pp. Followed some suggestions on here and cut them off easily. Saved the piping and had a shoe repair shop sew it over the raw ends for about $7. Looks fine but bottom line, feel great. Doesn't restrict wrist movement now. Love the range of motion as well when bending and straightening arm. Great buy imo.

I find them kinda long too. I wear Vapor XX gloves which I find to be really loose in the cuff, if I switched to a tighter pair of gloves I'd concider cutting the extension in half, rather than removing it completely, has anyone thought about this or actually tried it?

Just bringing back this old thread up. How does the rbk 8k/9177 compare to the jofa 8044 and the 8066 ( same as 9066)? the 8044 looks quite bulky while the design of the 8066 is rather unusual. Does the extra wrist protection on the 9177 worth it or does cutting them feel much better in terms of mobility?

Just so everyone knows before you buy it, the 9177/8k have a plastic piece inside that extra cuff, you can actually try cutting off the end and pulling just the plastic piece out. It actually provides a more flexible feel. Personally i just cut it off, don't feel like i need that much protection and it gets in the way of my gloves. Some guys might not mind it though, notice Pronger keeps it on with his Franchise.

Just bringing back this old thread up. How does the rbk 8k/9177 compare to the jofa 8044 and the 8066 ( same as 9066)? the 8044 looks quite bulky while the design of the 8066 is rather unusual. Does the extra wrist protection on the 9177 worth it or does cutting them feel much better in terms of mobility?

The **44 line are shorter, no extension.

The **66 line is a 3-piece elbow.

The **44 line are shorter, no extension.

The **66 line is a 3-piece elbow.

How does the model I stated compare to the others? Is the 8044 one of the top line models? But besides that Im just wondering If anyone who has these find the elbow cap too bulky..? For the 3 piece elbow how do they feel n general compare to other elbow pads on the market?

Just read it the opposite way to see how the ones you mentioned differ.

They are longer/have an extension compared to the **44 line. They aren't a 3-piece elbow like the **66 line.

The 3-piece Jofa has a huge cap on it. In my opinion the 2-piece elbows aren't bulky and I wear a size 6 in Jofa.

I can get the 8k Pro's for $80 Canadian all in. do you think this is a good deal or should i keep looking around for a better price than this? i am going to the states in July, but i will not be able to find the pro stock ones as retail im assuming. if anyone has input please help.

If you can buy them now, buy them because you'll never know when you'll get another shot at them. The way I see it, I have one pair of Jofas in my bag, another in my extra gear stash and I'd still buy another pair if it was a reasonable deal. What's the worst thing that could happen? I'd sell it for the same price or more in a few years.

There's several pairs of 8K pros and 9177s on eBay for like $50. Just go to ice hockey gear and search 9177. And hockey giant had them for right around that price as well. Don't know if they still do.

There's several pairs of 8K pros and 9177s on eBay for like $50. Just go to ice hockey gear and search 9177. And hockey giant had them for right around that price as well. Don't know if they still do.

yea but then, being in canada, i would have to pay duty if they are located in america or i would have to pay shipping if the are coming from canada. i got them from someone for $60 all in and i am very happy with them

If anyone could help me with sizing for 8ks pro...

I'm 175cm

30 '' arms

11.5 '' bicep

10.5 '' forearm

Distance from elbow to wrist is 11''

I tried 10ks kinetic at the store and the best fitting was Large for the bicep strap and overall comfort but medium fitted as well.

Just so everyone knows before you buy it, the 9177/8k have a plastic piece inside that extra cuff, you can actually try cutting off the end and pulling just the plastic piece out. It actually provides a more flexible feel. Personally i just cut it off, don't feel like i need that much protection and it gets in the way of my gloves. Some guys might not mind it though, notice Pronger keeps it on with his Franchise.

Ok - I got hooked a few times & started looking at elbows that cover the gap between the pad & the glove

9177 is on close out everywhere, so using the idea above I could simply leave as much cuff as needed? Has anybody done that?

Ok - I got hooked a few times & started looking at elbows that cover the gap between the pad & the glove

9177 is on close out everywhere, so using the idea above I could simply leave as much cuff as needed? Has anybody done that?

well i cut mine off, because even without the extension it will still meet the glove most likely. If you left it you would have to deal with it interferring with the cuff. These elbows are pretty big so they provide very good coverage.

well i cut mine off, because even without the extension it will still meet the glove most likely. If you left it you would have to deal with it interferring with the cuff. These elbows are pretty big so they provide very good coverage.

cool - thx for the info!

Curious then: would 9177 with the cuff cut be same length or longer then 9144 in the same size?

if so then instead of cutting anything the obvious choice would be to simply get 9144, but it makes me wonder who would then wear 9177 - giant like Chara? :)

cool - thx for the info!

Curious then: would 9177 with the cuff cut be same length or longer then 9144 in the same size?

if so then instead of cutting anything the obvious choice would be to simply get 9144, but it makes me wonder who would then wear 9177 - giant like Chara? :)

The reason everyone cuts it is because 9144 are harder to come by, especially in the smaller sizes.

9177 cut is exactly what a 9144 is, the only difference is the extension as far as i know.

The reason everyone cuts it is because 9144 are harder to come by, especially in the smaller sizes.

9177 cut is exactly what a 9144 is, the only difference is the extension as far as i know.

exactly!

I have to cut the wrist part off the 9177's i bought a couple weeks ago because it interferes with my gloves and i could not find the 9144 in a small. These are definately worth buying though, comfortable and great protection.

If anyone could help me with sizing for 8ks pro...

I'm 175cm

30 '' arms

11.5 '' bicep

10.5 '' forearm

Distance from elbow to wrist is 11''

I tried 10ks kinetic at the store and the best fitting was Large for the bicep strap and overall comfort but medium fitted as well.

I'm 5'9", 145 lbs

11.5" from elbow to wrist

Size 4 8K Pros (9177) fit perfectly as is and I like the slash protection.The size 5s were way too big!

Would someone who owns the 8K/7k pro and Jofa 9177/9144 pads be willing to post the following measurements?

1. Length of pad from elbow to end of wrist cuff.

2. Circumference of forearm segment.

3. Circumference of biceps segment.

I'm trying to find any of the above to buy, and e-bay has a few available, but I have no way to try them on. I thought the measurements would help me determine what size I need (presumably a small/4 or medium/5).

I'm a 5'3" tall female, approx 170 lbs. My elbow to wrist is 10.5 inches. My forearm is 11" around. My biceps is 12.5" around.