Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIAPlayer

BladeTape

Hey, so I saw an add for BladeTape the other day and was intrigued by it. So I looked up it up on youtube and saw some pretty cool videos. I also went to the site and saw that some NHLers use it and also some roller hockey players. I think I might try it, but has anyone used it? Anyone who used it know if it does actually help w/ stick handling, catching/sending passes and shooting?

My only gripe with it is that there is no friction on the bottom of the blade and this drives me crazy so other then using a demo of it like 4 years ago I haven't touched it. I've seen it used at all levels but don't see any of the "elite" players using it which would lead me to believe there little to no benefits other then saving money on not re taping your stick for months on end.

My only gripe with it is that there is no friction on the bottom of the blade and this drives me crazy so other then using a demo of it like 4 years ago I haven't touched it. I've seen it used at all levels but don't see any of the "elite" players using it which would lead me to believe there little to no benefits other then saving money on not re taping your stick for months on end.

Since it's in the roller forum I'll just bring up roller side but a lot of the top level guys use bladetape/attack pads with a big part of it being the plus of not having drag on the bottom of the blade.

Yea, I am really just looking for the roller aspect of it since I don't play ice, but thanks anyways furlanitalia. So, other than hearing about it, has anyone actually used these for roller??

I've never used Bladetape, but i have used the Attackpads, which are a very similar product.

I found them to be pretty heavy. They seemed to noticably weigh my blade down to the point where it threw me off. Also I found them to be a little too grippy on the puck, sometimes i had a hard time keeping the puck on my stick when stickhandling as it seemed to stop dead. Maybe its more technique and i dont know if they become less grippy as they wear down.

Some guys on my team have used Bladetape, which when i had a little play with seemed much better than the Attackpad. Much lighter and enough grip without being too much.

I guess its all PP and practice though.

How about taping your stick like this? I do this at home so when I stick handle a hockey ball so the tape doesn't drag on the carpet.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="447" height="276">

i played around with blade tape for a few games. two things i noticed: it puts WAY more spin on passes and shots & with the bottom of the blade exposed to the ice, it seemed like i got a better feel.

it got hacked up by a skate, so i ripped it off, which took forever... i didnt bother replacing it even though i have an extra one in my bag. it has its advantages but i didnt hesitate in going back to standard tape.

How about taping your stick like this? I do this at home so when I stick handle a hockey ball so the tape doesn't drag on the carpet.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Been taping my stick like that for years. I don't use spray adhesive though. Still works, but I wouldn't say it lasts longer than the life of the stick.

I have been using tacki pads for about 18 months now and i love em. Yes it was a bit hard in the beginning as it is prettty grippy stuff as many others have said. But it think its actually made be a better stickhandler now because it simply forced me to get softer hands so as to prevent me from "gripping" the puck too much (if you see what i mean). I have no problems shooting with it, backhanders are so much easier, receiving passes is fine. My only real negative thought to it is that some of my saucerpasses can be a bit wobbly and not flat, but apart from that i think the stuff is great. I have not tried bladetape, but i expect i would like it just as much. I think you just have to persevere with it

Anyone know how much shipping is off of the Bladetape website? Im intrigued by it, but don't want to get slammed with shipping

I'm pretty sure it comes out to $16 total. So $10 for BladeTape and then $6 for shipping

I always preferred the feel of tape that had been used a ton and was beat completely flat where you could hardly feel it. And I like it completely flat. Given these two things, I've been doing the Eric Cole way for quite a while now and love it.