Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

1986 Hockey Ads

These ads are in the 1986 World Junior Hockey Championship program.

th_861.jpg

Still trying to sell Micron Medallics!!

th_862.jpg

CCM Tacks as they begin to sail into the sunset. That holder didn't help, either. I am shedding a tear.

th_863.jpg

5030s ruled the world!

th_864.jpg

Koho had their faithful following. A damn good stick, too!

th_865.jpg

The ultimate classic Bauer skate image of all time. Bauer should update this image.

th_866.jpg

Before there was Synergy, there was the Titan Turbo. Slightly ahead of its' time!

th_867.jpg

Here is your assignment for class tomorrow: read the specs of the Turbo and determine what are the similarities to current OPS. Consider that in 1986, wood and fibreglass layup(Titan 2020,3020, Koho 2210, Canadien 7001, 6001 and Sher-Wood 7000) was the primary construction setups of the 1986 hockey stick.

Here is your assignment for class tomorrow: read the specs of the Turbo and determine what are the similarities to current OPS. Consider that in 1986, wood and fibreglass layup(Titan 2020,3020, Koho 2210, Canadien 7001, 6001 and Sher-Wood 7000) was the primary construction setups of the 1986 hockey stick.

foam and birch core with carbon fibers for stiffness and a regular fiberglass wrap on the outside.

I guess I'm a little slow in seeing why this stick was ahead of it's time.

Didn't they have a Gold and Silver model of the Turbo? I never knew what the differences were. Was it flex or was it a completely different type of design?

-L

We have a framed poster of that Bauer ad that was given to us by our rep back then, the 451 is the CCM skate that put them into their second bankrupcy I believe, and forever killed CCM as the #1 skate when they dumped all the inventory to Canadian Tire at 10 cents on the dollar.

I cant believe that people forget the God awful XL 1 and 4 by Koho.

Oval and slippery as hell and a 'true' OPS that was hollow.

I bought a pro return Titan Turbo a while back because I loved those and will post pics later. I also have the classic Titan 3020 that is new that I can post pics of a well.

Sticks had so much more character back then.

Sticks by freakin Reebok and Nike??? Koho, Titan and Canadien gone? WTF!

Good thing the use of abbreviations on equipment wasn't as common when they came up with "Turbo Innovative Technology." That sounds like a Warrior ad campaign if I've ever heard it.