Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coryroth24

Peranni's

If you have time head to the main branch of Peranni's. Not sure where it is in MI, but its worth your time.

Not really.

Yah, the one I stopped at had a wicked "museum of gear" (for lack of a better name). Old gear, new gear, revolutionary gear; it was pretty cool.

Livonia. And some of that stuff was still on the rack, at the same price it was 25 yrs ago.

Livonia. And some of that stuff was still on the rack, at the same price it was 25 yrs ago.

This is why I'm asking. I went to the one in Rochester last year. Saw some cool shit, but I'm not about to pay $70 bucks for a pair of Cooper gloves from 1988...

I think the one in EL is just a Pro Shop store. Moose could probably elaborate a little better. There will be some old Dolomite Pro Stocks but other than that nothing out of the ordinary.

The East Lansing place is a nice little pro shop, but that's exactly what it is. The manager there is a really good guy, good selection of retail stuff for the price you would expect. They have a handful of pro stock sticks of original easton synergys and warriors- but that was a couple weeks ago. If you're looking for helmets they have a bunch of different things in stock. I've never been to any of the other Perani's so I can't compare them to their larger stores. Check out MSU, though, if you'll be in the area. The Dairy Store in Anthony hall is amazing :)

Any word on a MSU sale Moose?

umich is on the 15th. much closer, and you wouldn't have to feel dirty using old state gear :P

The East Lansing place is a nice little pro shop, but that's exactly what it is. The manager there is a really good guy, good selection of retail stuff for the price you would expect. They have a handful of pro stock sticks of original easton synergys and warriors- but that was a couple weeks ago. If you're looking for helmets they have a bunch of different things in stock. I've never been to any of the other Perani's so I can't compare them to their larger stores. Check out MSU, though, if you'll be in the area. The Dairy Store in Anthony hall is amazing :)

Who is managing that store nowadays?

umich is on the 15th. much closer, and you wouldn't have to feel dirty using old state gear :P

Mich is on the 17th and I love GREEN! lol

Mich is on the 17th and I love GREEN! lol

Woops. i knew it was some where around there. I guess I know of at least one MSH'er going there. I call dibs on any 13in gloves. What time are you planning on going there? I've never been to one.

I've been shopping at Perannis in North Olmsted Ohio for almost a decade. The employees were great, but their selection is lacking a little bit. Their prices are pretty normal by retail standards but there's only one other hockey shop in the Cleveland area and that place is so bogus that I won't even mention its name on this forum.

I haven't been to the Perannis in livonia since about 2002, but they took care of me, and had a great selection and mediocre prices. They're also likely to have some older gear that you may not have seen on shelves in a little while (I got my 08 6k pro-feel shaft at perannis for $40, and if you fire a stiff or X shaft, their clearance rack is loaded with em). It's hit or miss. I can tell you that my local perannis only had 3 pairs of shoulder pads on their rack and a senior s19 stick was $250 plus tax (ouch).

I'm stuck with em, so I give em credit where credit is due, $4 quality skate sharpening, the employees at my perannis are very knowledgable and friendly, and they'll treat you really well and answer all of your questions without an attitude whether you buy anything or not.