Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

Tribute to Pat Burns

Former coach Pat Burns was honored today in Stanstead, near my hometown, where a new arena was named after him.

I was moved emotionally when i saw Burns today. It's hard to believe how hard and how fast cancer can weaken someone when it strikes. I was quickly reassured and my pity for him changed to admiration when i saw how gracefully and with immense courage he deals with his illness. Quoting him (translated from french): "I know my life is nearing its end and I accept that." He has decided against treatment this time. Accepting that your life will end probably takes a lot of courage and strength.

I have always appreciated his humor and outspoken nature as a coach. I hope he can be a HOF candidate.

burns_49898.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010...-pat-burns.html

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=315546

was just about to post a similar thread. pat burns is a class act, i hope he can live long enough to have the honor of being inducted to the HHOF.

that picture just gets me every time...i dont even know what to say.

And I started off today thinking Tkachuk retiring made it a sad day. Burns is a straight shooter and illness definitely took him away from the benches too early.

The medias announced his death a couple of weeks ago, he just laugh at the situation adding "they want to kill me before i'm death".

This reminds me of a great story about Pat. Before his coaching career, when he was a cop, he used to always carry a couple of hockey sticks the trunk of his cop car. When he had calls from dumb people complaining about kids playing in the street (it's illegal only when someone complains), he would stop and play with the kids for a couple of minutes before breaking up the game.

Yes sir, he was a policeman right here in Gatineau :smile:

It just sucks that he was too tired to speak the other day. Richer was especially emotional in an interview I saw.

It's a shame he didn't make the HOF this time around. He deserves to go in. Sad that he most likely will not live to see his Induction.

I don't get the Philly comment but yeah, this is just disgusting. There are pieces of shit in every city and this is the kind of stuff that happens when these waste of human bodies roam the earth. To take these things away from a grieving wife...I hope Karma gets these guys as soon as possible.

Absolutely disgusting. The family has offered a "no questions asked" return policy. But, I kinda hope the Police find the culprits. Pat was a Cop, I imagine that would go down nicely.

I figured I would leave this here, being this is a Pat Burns topic. Unbelievable. People call Philly classless all the time, but this is just disgusting.

http://bit.ly/f4yYsP

Stealing out of the widow's car during the funeral?!?!?!? I figure that goes just above 'booing' Santa!